barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Hmmm ... Walking around the shops? Climbing stairs?
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. Achy.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    There isn't much light early in the day here. Plus I was sleeping then. Plus it was cloudy, drizzly and rainy all day.
    But I do dim the lights in the evening. It's one of many steps I take to wind down in the evenings to prepare myself for the night.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    I rarely laugh. Most things don't strike me funny.
    Lots of things amuse me, but not enough for laughter.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    I often do, but as today's work involved sitting at 2 computers, I walked on the treadmill during a break instead.
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    Unfortunately, today was another day sitting at 2 computers.
    But I did go downstairs to row and lift weights.
    Hoping the rain will let up soon!!! It's been 4 days already!
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    One of my more favourite areas!! :)
    We aim to cycle at least one 50 km ride each month and have been doing that for a while. :) At our AGM at the end of March, we got a bag full of these each. :)
    c9d65r471d9g.png
    We will have to see when we can fit our April ride in ... the 5 days off over Easter would have been good but it rained and rained and was cold and windy. Snow at higher elevations.
    Maybe next weekend ... we'll see.
    AND ... one of the bigger running events moved their event to September which is fantastic for me. Originally, it was this month, but I was nowhere near ready to even sign up for the 5K. Now I've got the winter to get in shape. :)
    Also, now that I'm working back in the same building I was in about 16 months ago, with many of the same people, we've started our stair climbing challenge again. We are easing into it this month because of Easter and ANZAC Day but we'll be ready to be much more consistent in May.
    The stair climbing challenge is exciting because when I'm busy climbing 20+ flights of 20 stairs each day I am at work, I lose weight.
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    Absolutely! I climbed stairs. :)
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    I do when I have to work the next day ... make sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep.
    But I am not keen on that. I'm a night owl and like to get things done late at night. Having to be in bed by 11:45 pm is a bit uncomfortably early.
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    Gardening ... will gardening do?
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    I sing every day. My husband is very polite about it. :)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    I've spent 5 years on our island.
    I've done a lot of local exploring!
    I think exploring locally is a great idea and some people don't do enough of it. However, I'm getting more and more restless to go somewhere else as the weeks go by.

17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    I usually do this on the weekend when there's daylight.
    However, I occasionally do some weeding in the pitch dark when I walk Rhody right after work.

18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    Hmmmmmmm ... not that keen on online exercise, aside from Zwift.
    However, I have started a stair climbing challenge at work, and we keep track of it on an Excel spreadsheet. :)

19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    Walking in the morning and evening as part of my commute.
    Walking at lunch.
    Climbing stairs.
    Walking back and forth to the kitchen and toilet.
    Walking with Rhody after work.

20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.

As always. :)

24. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    40. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    41. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    42. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    43. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    44. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    45. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    46. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    47. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    48. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Been a long week and it is only Tuesday. One of my staff had her mom fall and break her hip yesterday and when they did the xray found she has advanced cancer. So she is gone for who knows how long. So I am work 6a-6p Monday-Friday until further notice. And they have put a freeze on hiring until at least July. One day at a time.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

I don't know how you do it!

I do hope you're getting a massive amount of overtime pay.

M in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate a quiet day (if that’s possible this week!)
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 18/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 24/60
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 16/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 4/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 3/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 2/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 5/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 28/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 18/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 16/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. I did that on Tuesday but will try again today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm a wolf!

vrm2y1km2e1a.png

sadly, I am a dolphin.
    Even last night after all the exercise I got in (over 20,000 steps), I still had trouble getting to sleep and was awake every hour or so.
    May take 1/2 a melatonin early tonight. The biochemic phosphate did help but not enough.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm both a lion and a bear. I really work best doing what I've always thought of as farmers hours - up just before dawn to be out when the sun rises and morning is my get it done time, after 1 or 2 pm is all the routine tasks, and to bed earlyish... by 9 pm if I have my choice.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I am a Lion! :) Even in college, I wanted to go to bed instead of staying up to study. Grew up in a large family where we had to go to sleep early and get up early. Boys had to do farm chores and mom and dad were work-a-holics.

Carol in GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Debbie, so delighted to hear about Nick, this world needs all the good news it can get. Hope the family learns something about not abusing the one the depend on.

Lisa - hydrangeas here go completely dormant and look dead if we get to much cold, but suddenly come late may or june (after the nights are above 50 or so) the darn things leaf out (and or send up shoots) and are back to being beautiful.

Kim
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    djnetjf1hhim.jpg
    fkfziyjebn0f.jpg
    dz507pzet8ll.jpg
    Something to make everyone
    smile..
    Fighting a headache.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Our friend B in Cyprus was able to join our Zoom for five minutes while she and her husband were arriving at a restaurant with WiFi. It looked lovely, on the beach. Her husband is 84 and very sprightly!
    I've had an AF day today as I'm renewing my efforts to lose a few pounds before the cruise. It was surprisingly easy, but tomorrow is wine night.
    I received my Amazon vouchers today, as a reward for taking part in an online Saga forum. I only did it for the vouchers and it wasn't too onerous. £100. Hooray!

All love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx