WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Lanette—Thanks for your kind words. I hope to get my broken glasses frame replaced. 🤞🏻Those lenses are perfect. The frame broke while I was wearing them. 😳.

The back up glasses are old & are not the correct lens prescription and cause eye strains.

I haven’t had the opportunity to get a new frame for the good lenses.

Katla
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ I think Miles loves that lawn mower and vacuum you got for him.

Carol in GA
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Well I was going to do embroidery this summer, but a friend believes I would enjoy knitting. So I have signed up for a 3 hour knitting class on May 13, 2023. So between now and then I will have to get some needles and yarn and watch some u-tube videos to see if I can get the hang of this.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Awesome! It's great you've signed up for a class. I taught myself from a book many years ago - and I now knit left-handed even tho I'm right handed doing everything else. :p

Teachers can show you tricks and shortcuts. Hope you enjoy it!

Lanette B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Just finished defrosting the big freezer- what a chore!! Feels great to have it done and not have to deal with it again for at least a year or two. Don't want to ever let it get this bad. Stuff in the back was up to 5 yrs old- it is in the trash.
    Everything is very organized and now when we get a deal, we have room for it. Like the shrimp we are getting tomorrow at Safeway at 2.99 a pound for 2lb bags. Limit is 4 bags and we will be getting 4.
    Do need to be a lot more careful buying and do need to figure out what to make with a lot of blueberries- found at least 5 bags of them plus rashberries and a few black berries.

Next will be the freezer on the garage fridge- will be simple to do that now that I have the big one cleared out. May empty it and use that just for ds's things if he wants to. Then he can find his stuff easier. Just not happening today.

No weeding done but did get a few more seeds planted in the greenhouse to replace the ones the snails/slugs got. I need to go out at night to see if I can see where they are coming in. I have salt around it but think I may have missed a spot.

picked up Vietnamese rice paper shrimp rolls and grilled chicken ban mi sandwich for lunch/dinner.
    Stayed busy so will be way under calories most likely.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Rosemary those pork chops tasted better than they looked if that was possible! Have fun at your knitting class!

Lanette there were a lot of Triple D places in Oregon when we went there 6 years ago. I bet they made a trip up the West coast and hit your area as well. I love trying new foods and he’s a great resource.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Rosemary I learned to knit when I was a child. I have knitted most of my life and find it very satisfying. I hope you enjoy it.

:) It is still cold and drizzly here. Great for walking but not for yard work. Fortunately I have many satisfying indoor tasks.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Carol- your right.. he does love them both... im going to get some shut eye now.. good night everyone xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 14min 37sec, 86ahr, 112mhr, 217elev, 2.61ap, 6.10mi= 606c
    Strava app= 747c
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    ❤️

Katla in Illinois
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Years ago I used to knit a lot. I mean 50/60 years ago. I remember making 'skinny-rib' sweaters. :D My mother was a great knitter. When I met my first husband, I made him a sweater and a rather nice zipped cardigan. Haven't knitted much since.
    Recently I've been talking idly on and off about learning to crochet, inspired by one or two things I've seen on Instagram. I had a quick look on YouTube. My father used to crochet and even made me a dress. I'm more interested in cushion covers, or art hangings.
    I was talking to Edie about us both learning together and getting a few supplies in, when DH said, "Oh, I wouldn't do that!" :p:p So, he has presumably bought me something for our anniversary on May 6th. (I didn't say I would much rather buy my own, as I know what I want. :# ) Whatever he's got me, it will be great for learning with Edie!
    But what a sweet thought! <3
    I am very difficult to buy for as I have very clear ideas about what I want. My ex BIL once called me an 'aesthetic tyrant'. He was right!

Painting this afternoon. My son said he really liked one of my abstracts, but I think it was too small for his deco. I sent him a photo, as i always do and he asked how big it was. :*;) I've had the probably crazy idea that he might like something for his new kitchen and I know the colours he has chosen for units etc. So I'm going to have a go at two larger abstracts, in the same styles, using masking tape, in his colours. If he likes them he can have them, but he probably has his own ideas. Luckily, I have some large sheets of paper that my ex left with me 30 years ago. They have been under the bed all these years, and are excellent quality. Nothing ventured .........
    I won't be upset if I doesn't want it/them, as I know what a personal choice art is.
    Although I love art, I don't have a great deal on my walls, as I prefer not too much visual distraction. My son has a lot of large abstracts etc around.

I woke up early this morning, but that's fine. It looks lovely out there, but I think it will rain later.

Annie - Well done for donating the saddle. It's a great relief to live in our present reality and enjoy where we are. 'Being where our feet are' or, in your case, 'Where your butt is'.

Debbie - I've got a couple of freezers to defrost. One I can't open the top drawer at all now! They aren't huge, thankfully, but still a tedious job. Thanks for the inspiration!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Terri - Just seen your post above mine! Happy it's over! And I wish you a speedy recovery! XOXO
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Just a thought for today. Article in Psychology.
    sh7cbtybwy9a.jpg
    I think we've all done some of that in our lives. It used to be me. Not nearly so much nowadays.
    Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx