Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,979 Member
    Options
    Pip - the cabinets look amazing. It's exactly what I want when we get ours redone. Couple years off, still, but a girl can dream. :smile:

Annie - Sounds like a couple of tough days. Glad you're working with the PT folks.

Heather - Johnny is a saint among men. :smiley: What a charming picture.

Got through the test with minimal trauma this morning - they're always less disturbing than I predict when I'm dreading them. Had to bolt a quart of contrast, which just tasted like stale water, wait an hour, lay on a sort of mini-MRI table, with just a donut at one end. They put an IV in for another contrast, fed that in at the ten-minute mark, ten more minutes of sliding in and out of the donut, and I was done. Talking to the PCP tomorrow over the phone. At least I don't have to go anywhere, or fast beforehand.
    \
    More cold and rainy all day tomorrow and Thursday, too.

Later, my lovelies,
    Lisa in AR

Yep ... the large donut is a CT scan. 😀

I've had many, especially for my kidney stones.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Pip - the cabinets look amazing. It's exactly what I want when we get ours redone. Couple years off, still, but a girl can dream. :smile:

Annie - Sounds like a couple of tough days. Glad you're working with the PT folks.

Heather - Johnny is a saint among men. :smiley: What a charming picture.

Got through the test with minimal trauma this morning - they're always less disturbing than I predict when I'm dreading them. Had to bolt a quart of contrast, which just tasted like stale water, wait an hour, lay on a sort of mini-MRI table, with just a donut at one end. They put an IV in for another contrast, fed that in at the ten-minute mark, ten more minutes of sliding in and out of the donut, and I was done. Talking to the PCP tomorrow over the phone. At least I don't have to go anywhere, or fast beforehand.
    \
    More cold and rainy all day tomorrow and Thursday, too.

Later, my lovelies,
    Lisa in AR

glad your test went better than expected- I found out the hard way that I am very allergic to the contrast they used on me-(iodine). and SUPER claustrophobic on the scan that is enclosed(don't remember if it is the MRI or CT
    Two different ones that were both terrible, in different ways

The enclosed one is the MRI ... or as I like to call it "Nap Time!" I fall asleep in them.

I think I have had more MRIs than CTs because I get the MRIs for joint issues and to monitor my brain cyst.

I'm in one or the other at least once a year.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    226wtew9anls.png
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Last MRI I had at Ohio State was different-they had a mirror in the top so if you opened your eyes you could see out and see staff behind the glass wall. Still kept eyes closed most of the time-I don't sleep through them but do meditate.

Staff meetings yesterday and two more today. Used to just have two groups but since Covid break them down to groups of 50 or so each. Good to see everyone but tiring!

Got blood work taken Monday. Got message from lab order was wrong. Contacted Endo office. They were on it before I texted them. Turns out lab tech entered order wrong. They are running tests now so no need for redraw. I think this is first time this has ever happened, so not too bad.

Pip-enjoy new cabinets! I wish I had gotten pull outs when I got kitchen redone. I love the corner lazy Susan I have for pots.

Annie-have you checked computer cords to make sure connection is secure? Sometimes the wires get crimped. Flickering screen is quite often drivers, but I thought you checked for that. I find the current Windows to be strange. I am much preferring my Mac, but have to use Windows at work.

Heather-Son's renovation does sound massive.

Off to get some stretches in before work. Working from home tomorrow and vacation day Friday!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday.
    New furnace/ac unit going in today. Ouch! DH gets that task. I did make heart doctor appt for today. I am seeing her PA. We will see. I am not happy to try another medicine, but DH getting concerned.

Ginny and Machka I think I will see if I can work from home one day a week after we get through Spring. It would be a good mental health day. Fingers crossed. I like that idea.

MRI/CT I am claustrophobic and barely managed CT of heart. Neuro gave me Valium for the MRI that insurance declined. I need to call around for getting that done without insurance.

Turnarounds/lazy susans I always thought they were for food. Mine has canned goods, boxed goods, and things like oils and syrups. My daughter uses hers for pots/pans. I had never thought of that and just thought she was weird, yet several of you do the same thing. ;) She does have a shallow pantry. I only have kitchen cabinets. I love my slide outs which I use for pots. Baking goods are in the top corner cabinet which I wished also had lazy Susan in it, but not deep enough. I require a step stool for anything above the second shelf and that one is a stretch. The most used items are low.

Nothing else exciting on this side.
    High fives!
    Hugs!

Lots of ❤️
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    MRI/CT I am claustrophobic and barely managed CT of heart. Neuro gave me Valium for the MRI that insurance declined. I need to call around for getting that done without insurance.

Nothing else exciting on this side.
    High fives!
    Hugs!

Lots of ❤️
    Kylia in Ohio

But you can just about sit up in a CT scan. And there's only a little bit of you that's in the enormous hoop (donut).

0pziv7va589r.png
    https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/services/dental+diagnostic+and+pharmacy+services/sa+medical+imaging/sami+services/computed+tomography+(ct)

• yourfriend4ever
    yourfriend4ever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm finding all the arrangements a bit vague for my OCD, so I'm keeping out of it until I know their definite plans. :#

I have OCD too! Donna from NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Machka I know, but I had to keep looking over my head or my heart would race. Not sure why it was such a problem. CT I can at least do without extra meds.
  • Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Back to work today but because it was a gorgeous day, I took a walk to the Botanical Gardens at lunch. 5.7 kilometres. :)

ytc7hdk3rngc.png

1iso1b96q9iv.png
    87qft5bjpoz0.png
    b3qgvulk5ogb.png
    oefbh9qbmp9z.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,741 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Here with Mr Miles
    Who didn't sleep well so is napping.
    Going to be a yucky few weeks here with clouds rain and lower than normal temps.
    Tonight we are supposed to have a Spring Fling get together at our condo complex.will see if im up to it..I signed up to go.. but I didn't sleep well either.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,072 Member
    Options
    KJ congratulations on the weight loss!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,274 Member
    Options
    My new trainers arrived, but they were slightly too big, so I'm exchanging them for half a size smaller. Got the QR code from Amazon and walked to the nearest shop. It explicitly says in the instructions that you don't have to package it up. It was already in the shoe box. The young guy there couldn't find a bag big enough, so he refused the parcel, despite me arguing as hard as I could about my rights. So I returned home and found the big bag in the recycling and went back again. Got it done, but I was very cross.
    Came home and rang Amazon to complain. Told them that the shop was not adhering to their returns policy and they should provide more bags.
    New size should arrive tomorrow.
    I will be out in Portsmouth, but DH should be in with the kids. My son might also bring his laptop here to work as my DDIL has to have quiet for the recording.

I finished this painting of the two of them. I'm quite pleased with it, inspired by a picture I saw online.
    idzt9rt2nmhp.jpg
    It looks like my son, but DDIL's chin is a tiny bit too strong. I didn't have a full profile picture of her.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,274 Member
    Options
    Waves were coming in diagonally from the east on my run this morning. Don't see that often.
    5g8itcvifatn.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx