Guys in relationships.

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i find it incredibly ironic that there are those are quick to point out that people are different when it comes to their preferences (body type, hair color/length, etc) yet there are those are certain that people behave the same when it comes to situations.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Don't walk. Run. This guy is a *kitten*. Assuming he's even telling you the truth, what he's doing to his current girlfriend is inexcusable, and he will do the same thing to you once he gets tired of you. Also, people who get involved with co-workers are pretty much the dumbest people in the world. My opinion. Don't crap where you eat, as they say.

I beg to differ. I have done it many times and never had a bad experience. My current GF of 3 years and I met working together. And I don't know what you do in your private time, but we don't crap.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    1) Never trust a guy who tells you his girlfriend/wife/mistress/whatever is a "psycho" or has psychological issues. 9 times out of 10, what she has is "tired of being cheated on-itis." This is how a *kitten* defines when the significant other dares to cry or get angry when someone is cheating. Cheaters love to toss around the word "psycho."

2) If a guy does in fact have a girlfriend/wife/mistress who has been Baker Acted, then stay as far away from that guy as possible, even if he is a complete saint with nothing but altruistic motives. A person who has been Baker Acted is not stable and can harm you or herself. Most definitely not the kind of drama you want in your life.

3) Presuming 2 is true, don't trust a guy who unloads another person's very personal, very private, problems on you. She's obviously trusted him to not tell the world, and he's betraying her by sharing her medical and emotional issues with you.

^^^This. You don't want to be with a guy that either says he has a mental girlfriend whether it's true or not. If he's lying then he's a real douchbag. If he's telling the truth, you don't want to be in anywhere around when she finds out about you. Stay friendly at work, but don't be alone with him.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Classic. I'm quite a bit older than you - but cannot count the number of times I've heard that exact scenario come out of a man's mouth who is trying to "get to know me."

Yep. I've also heard the exact same excuses from men as to why they're looking for some side action. She's psycho, they don't have sex, they're just living together for the kids or financial reasons, they have separate rooms, she's given him permission to "date other women" (this one is great - just say "Okay, can I meet her and ask her about it?" and watch him squirm), she's got mental or physical health issues and he just can't abandon her...

And these are just the guys that admit to being in a relationship. Then there are the ones who will outright lie and say they're single when they're not. They'll say they have a female roommate, or like your situation, will say they just have a girlfriend when really what they have is a wife and kids. Have you Googled his name, his email addresses, his phone number, his usernames? You might find some surprises.
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation, I backed off, he broke up with his girlfriend and now we are married. If it's meant to be it will be (cliche I know, but I believe it)

THIS
  • moosegt35
    Options
    As a male i live by the 'don't dip your poem in company ink'

If you dip your poem in any ink its going to ruin the paper it's written on and then not be a very good poem.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    The fastest way to resolve the situation to see if he will leave his wife for you or not is to fake a pregnancy.

Of course from your post I just got that this guy talks to you at work. Then he talked to you at night about his failing relationship. What I didn't get out of this is that he has put the moves on you, or that there is a relationship going on.

1. It's his GIRLFRIEND..NOT wife.
    2. Really?? fake pregnancy??? WTF! I see you're a "drama queen."

Yea, she got pregnant from one of his sweet texts.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    i find it incredibly ironic that there are those are quick to point out that people are different when it comes to their preferences (body type, hair color/length, etc) yet there are those are certain that people behave the same when it comes to situations.

Yup.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Yup.

I struggle with this too. I used to be all black and white on this topic... And life had a way of changing it to gray. I refuse to judge now because I realized that every person is unique, every situation is unique, and until I've walked a mile in their shoes, I'm not going to bash them and call them down.

People screw up. All the time. In all areas of life. There's a huge difference between making a bad decision versus embracing disgusting pattern of behavior.

We, on the outside, cannot discern that.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Yup.

I struggle with this too. I used to be all black and white on this topic... And life had a way of changing it to gray. I refuse to judge now because I realized that every person is unique, every situation is unique, and until I've walked a mile in their shoes, I'm not going to bash them and call them down.

People screw up. All the time. In all areas of life. There's a huge difference between making a bad decision versus embracing disgusting pattern of behavior.

QFT!!!!!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

There's a huge difference between making a bad decision versus embracing disgusting pattern of behavior.

so, when I say I read the OP's post entirely and all I remember was Blah Blah Blah Blah....Cleavage! is that the behavior you speak of? :smokin:
  • whierd
    Options

Yup.

That is how I feel. People are too quick to jump to a conclusion about this situation when it is gray at best. He didnt make a move, sleep with her, kiss her, or anything. Up until he admitted his feelings and said he had a girlfriend, they were just hanging out as friends. After admitting it, some might say that he is having an emotional affair, though I think it needs more context to be sure. I am just not willing to condemn him as "scum" until he reveals his true character. Not to mention that there are some holes in the whole story anyway.

I think people let bad past relationships influence their judgement too strongly. And I do not believe "once a cheater, always a cheater" because sometimes people make stupid decisions.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You should tell him straight out that until he breaks it off with his gf you aren't interested! Nothing good is gonna come from you guys "dating" when he is going home and living with his gf. And do you really wanna be a secret/the other woman?!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    do not get tangled up in that web of lies. He may or may not be lying to you, but he sure is lying to her. If he can do it to her, he can do it to you, too. If that is even the real situation. Sounds more like a "is the grass greener on the other side" feeler before I dump my current.... I'd walk.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    Forget about this guy. If he can do this to his current gf then what makes you think he won't do it to you if you started dating him? If he's unhappy he needs to leave, not wait until something better comes along. That's a complete slap in the face to his current gf.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Yup.

That is how I feel. People are too quick to jump to a conclusion about this situation when it is gray at best. He didnt make a move, sleep with her, kiss her, or anything. Up until he admitted his feelings and said he had a girlfriend, they were just hanging out as friends. After admitting it, some might say that he is having an emotional affair, though I think it needs more context to be sure. I am just not willing to condemn him as "scum" until he reveals his true character. Not to mention that there are some holes in the whole story anyway.

I think people let bad past relationships influence their judgement too strongly. And I do not believe "once a cheater, always a cheater" because sometimes people make stupid decisions.

Ok. I can maybe buy into this. Although, if my boyfriend was talking to a new friend for countless hours, day and night, I'd be pretty hurt and, considering that he has now admitted he has feelings for her, I'd be right to leave if I found out.

Now that he has admitted he has feelings for her he either needs to leave his girlfriend or leave her alone. Period.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Never and I mean NEVER date some one at work. It could do way too much damage to your career if things go bad, which we all know things USUALLY dont work out. No matter how innocent you are or were, you will come out of things looking unprofessional and that is never beneficial to your career.
    There are millions of men in this world you DON’T work with. Stick to them. That way whatever happens between you will not be top story in the office gossip pool.
    Cut ties with this guy completely; other than in a strickly professional manner.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yup.

^ This is a very good point
  • whierd
    Options

Yup.

Ok. I can maybe buy into this. Although, if my boyfriend was talking to a new friend for countless hours, day and night, I'd be pretty hurt and, considering that he has now admitted he has feelings for her, I'd be right to leave if I found out.

Now that he has admitted he has feelings for her he either needs to leave his girlfriend or leave her alone. Period.

And I agree with you.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Yup.

And I agree with you.

Ditto here.