Looking for support? To learn a healthy lifestyle? Come and join us on the 2023 Summer 5% Challenge

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,042 Member
Back in 2010, I weighed 288 lbs!! I came as are you all, onto the internet to help me lose weight!! I HURT ALL THE TIME!! Unending pain at 288 lbs. Now I am at 171 (GONE 117 lbs!! WOOHOO!!) I no longer use a power chair (gave it AWAY happily so).

How did I DO THIS? I joined the 5% Challenge!! What is THAT?
Plz join and have fun as we lose 5% of our weight, improve our health and make new friends. Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. Now you can write your own success story! Have a chat or post questions in the Airport Lounge Discussion. Your friends are welcome too.

I HATED drinking water, but with the helpful hints on how to drink it and more so the info I gained on why to drink it, convinced me to start to try. Now years later, water is my go to! As the weight came back off, did the 5% Challenge help me in other ways? I was tracking my food (TY 5% For the info on why and how this works) I was exercising (at first 10 mins was unreal hard, and I had to work up to 10 mins) 3 times a week, but I didn't like myself much if at all. Over time as I had lost the weight we worked on being positive to ourselves as we do to those we love, self care. As I did these (it earns extra points for your team ,, that'll make sense as you start the challenge) my self esteem started to come back. My journey has been 10 years (I was sick so often, had broken bones, many surgeries, etc, etc etc) now I'm maintaining my weight! I am thrilled and you can be to!!

COME AND CHECK US OUT! We are a very supportive, caring team of all ages, countries, and backgrounds who are all working towards being healthy. If this is you yes PLEASE do come and join us.

Below is the link. Once you look over the team, please hit JOIN. AFTER You hit "JOIN" please pick one of the 8 smaller teams within the 5% challenge. See which one fits your needs/wants. ALL Teams have goals and run the same some are very competitive others are not at all competitive, with others in between. Something for everyone and sign up under that team. The smaller teams are what work so well.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us

ydewe0b5xv8i.png

Replies

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOUND HERE...
    For the past few years life has been a "what next" event. I could list them all out but suffice to say I was beginning to feel a lot like Job. Between losses of loved ones, Covid, negative health developments and struggling to adapt to an entire family moving in to share my home I was kinda like this...
    qvzsf74c09ed.gif

At a time when I most needed them to be here to help me, the group decided to move back to where they came from. I had a total knee done in April..so I was kinda like singing "Just when I needed you most" and " Thanks...thanks a lot!". But thru the years and it has been years there has been one solid , supportive and reassuring aspect of my life...that being the 5% Challenge and the many friends that I have made along the way. My weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo, my health has followed that same trend and my attitude has been as labile as a seasonal waterfall, but thru my tears, fears and moods there was some one there..some one supporting me,,cheering me on or cheering me up. The teammates you meet , the friends you make albit mostly online , are a group that few are lucky enough to experience. They will lift you up...support you..kick you in the rear if needed and laugh /cry with you as life's events roll over you.
    Yes I still need to lose weight and get more fit...imagine that after having a total knee done!! Not once has any one offered anything but encouragement and support. So if you are looking for a group that will do its best for you and not let you down..let me encourage you to join the
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us
    Once you look over the team, please hit JOIN. AFTER You hit "JOIN" please pick one of the 8 smaller teams within the 5% challenge. See which one fits your needs/wants. ALL Teams have goals and run the same some are very competitive others are not at all competitive, with others in between. Something for everyone and sign up under that team. The smaller teams are what work so well.
    My Success thus far is that I have never given up..and this group is a large part of the why!!
    71n1qraro8wv.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,714 Member
    Options
    @katiecondy1 The 5% Challenges are not only helpful in losing weight and learning healthy habits but they allow us to make lifelong friends as well. So glad I found the challenges and YOU!