July 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,346 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    The mean dog was out of his yard again. He is only about 2 blocks from my house, so it was right at the start of the run. I had picked up some rocks when I started out, so I yelled at him and threw rocks at him and he stopped following me, but it left me rattled. The only other dog that has ever run at me like that bit me. And it was a little dog too. I actually had to stop for a minute because I felt like my heart was just pounding.

That's too bad. I love dogs and don't love most dog owners.

I know you aren't asking for advise, but I can't help but think of you getting a furry running companion who is just slightly larger and meaner than the little pip squeak who comes chasing after you.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    July total: 83.9/100 miles

7/1: 5.2 miles
    7/2: 4.1 miles
    7/3: 6 miles
    7/4: 10 miles
    7/5: 3 miles
    7/7: 7.1 miles
    7/11: 5 miles
    7/12: 5 miles
    7/13: 4 miles
    7/14: 5.1 miles
    7/18: 3.1 miles
    7/20: 2.6 miles
    7/23: 7.1 miles
    7/25: 6.5 miles
    7/26: 7 miles
    7/27: 3.1 miles

Quick pre-work run today. My legs were tired after the longer run yesterday. Felt good to shake them out.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    July 1 – 4.00 miles
    July 2 - 4.01 miles
    July 3 – 6.01 miles
    July 4 – 3.01 miles
    July 5 – 5.13 miles
    July 6 – 2.05 miles
    July 7 – 4.07 miles
    July 8 – 8.31 miles
    July 9 – 1.14 miles
    July 10 – 4.64 miles
    July 11 – 3.72 miles
    July 12 – 5.21 miles
    July 13 – 2.01 miles
    July 14 – 9.01 miles
    July 15 – 3.63 miles
    July 16 – 3.03 miles
    July 17 – 4.58 miles
    July 18 – 5.50 miles
    July 19 – 1.58 miles
    July 20 – 5.11 miles
    July 21 – 3.23 miles
    July 22 – 6.45 miles
    July 23 – 2.29 miles
    July 24 – 3.01 miles
    July 25 – 5.17 miles
    July 26 – 5.04 miles
    July 27 – 4.46 miles
    July 28 – 1.17 miles
    Total – 116.58 miles

My legs felt tired this morning when I rolled out of bed and wouldn’t you know it, in my Epic workout series that I’m doing it was glutes and hamstrings day. I did the workout and then got in a very short, slow run to keep my streak alive. Things are really heating up around here with the current heat wave we have passing through. On the positive side though, the tomatoes in the garden are starting to turn red. Homegrown tomatoes are the best!

@kgirlhart – I’m so sorry you had a scare with the dog.

@polskagirl01 – A run is a run!

@tarun_yadavA – Have you recovered from your travels and jet lag?

@Laurz9191 – Kudos to you for running on vacation. It sounds like you get a lot of running in chasing after the little ones! Enjoy!
    @Scott6255 – So impressed with your stint on the treadmill.

@Mari33a – You’ve been so consistent with your running and spinning. Are you still in weight loss mode? I need to regain my focus. I’ve let it slip in the last couple of weeks.

@martaindale – I hear you on the tired legs! Good job getting out there.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    On the positive side though, the tomatoes in the garden are starting to turn red. Homegrown tomatoes are the best!

Oh yes, the very best!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great running. I hope they got the dog fence fixed permanently. Glad Wednesday's run was better at the end. Sorry to see that the dog went after you again. You may have to call animal control and complain. I know you don't want to, but that may be necessary. Of course, I have changed my route because of dogs around here too. It is annoying. I think someone once mentioned that they run with a mini fog horn - something on their key chain, that they can sound to scare off dogs. I had thought about trying to find one myself, but never did.

@Teresa502 Great running and congrats on your highest month total already . I had my first homegrown tomato and bacon sandwich earlier this week. It was so good....the tomato was from a neighbor. Ours aren't red yet, but are getting there. I agree...they are so much better than anything you can get from the store.

@Scott6255 I hope you enjoyed the outdoor concert. Great job with your running.

@AlphaHowls Great list of summer positives.

Great running with the jet lag @tarun_yadavA !

@polskagirl01 Nice run report. :wink: I'm sure that felt nice to do and glad things didn't get too wet. Sorry about the family drama coming back though.

Thanks @Mari33a ! You are doing great running when you can!

@Laurz9191 Great running and glad you enjoyed your trip to Long Beach. Enjoy your friends weekend! Sounds great.

Great running @SummerSkier ! Congrats on making 100 miles already. I have thought about joining Strava to keep up with people. Is it hard to join?

Think I got caught up. Sorry I've been missing for a few days again. Just haven't had the time to get on the computer and I really have a hard time commenting from my phone, which what I have when I'm watching the kids sleep at daycare. LOL I'll try to catch you up on my last few runs/walks in a little while - after I do tonight's workout.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @Teresa502 Y'all are just starting to get tomatoes and mine peaked a few weeks ago. They are still producing a little, but are definitely on their way out. They're looking pretty rough. My basil is hanging strong though!