July 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Options
    Great start to July @martaindale . Glad your kid had a good time at camp and is now home.

@Teresa502 Nice run. We didn't get any rain/storms today. I guess they stayed North of us. Yes, Tippy is going with me again this year. Maybe she'll be a little braver with the waves. We'll see.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Never heard of tartufo. Had to google it and, oh my! Looks so good!

I may not have the number right but Tre Scalini's tartufo has 13 different types of Swiss chocolate in it. Sinful heaven! Also @martaindale they're pricey but if you get them to go instead of sitting at a table and ordering to eat there they're a couple of euros cheaper ;-)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

I may not have the number right but Tre Scalini's tartufo has 13 different types of Swiss chocolate in it. Sinful heaven! Also @martaindale they're pricey but if you get them to go instead of sitting at a table and ordering to eat there they're a couple of euros cheaper ;-)

My mouth is watering...
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    July 1 – 4.00 miles
    July 2 - 4.01 miles

I did my weight session before running this morning and wouldn’t you know that today was posterial chain day. An hour and many, many Romanian dead lifts, Bulgarian split lunges, etc. later and my legs were jelly. Thought about sitting down and resting for a few minutes before I headed out for my run but I figured if I sat down too long I would not get going again. I ran 4 miles, walked 0.69 of a mile and pulled weeds out of my landscaping for a cooldown.

Good push @tarun_yadavA. Now stretch, stretch, stretch! I hope the new insoles work out.

@quilteryoyo – We got another strong line of thunderstorms around 4:30 yesterday evening. Today it is sunny and beautiful but more storms are forecasted for this evening.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    Options
    BTW: I'm about 100 lbs over my race weight, and since I've started running again five months ago I've lost zero pounds. I weigh about once a week or more, and it has been flatlined/locked on this weight.

I know a bunch of you have dropped their excess weight and are in maintenance, and of course that's my dream. I now have the beginnings of a base of fitness after these five months on this thread. I can plow through a couple of miles running, my BP is good, resting heart rate is good, VO2 Max is trending.....and I'm 100 lbs overweight. I'm not whining, just reporting the facts.

Which just proves that you can’t outrun the fork Chris. 🥹. It’s tough to train and also drop weight best of luck
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    Which just proves that you can’t outrun the fork Chris. 🥹
    ☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽
    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥