Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Happy 4th July, you guys!
    Got in an easy 6K... Eighth consecutive run for me
    h78jkfa56f5l.png

@polskagirl01 hope you're enjoying being home (and enjoying all the stuff you can't get back in Europe!)
    @chris_in_cal In my humble opinion Sir...
    In Feb I ran a full 26.2M marathon (God that feels so long ago now!!). Between Feb 1st and a few days post marathon, I'd actually put on about 6 Lbs.
    I don't think training for a longish race (at pace) and losing weight are compatible IMO.

It took me all of March (31/31 runs, 172 miles - all at 08:45ish pace) to get back into the zone/175 Lbs.

Either lose some of that 100 Lbs first then think about long races; or maybe drop lower the frequencies of runs to maybe a couple of times a week... So you don't lose it... And focus 5/7 on losing weight (calorie deficit, bike/Elliptical, dumbbells etc)
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    (get that today's the 3rd... But read/heard you guys all do long weekends and stuff!)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tarun_yadavA ! Great faster, longer run today. I'm glad the new ortho inserts seem to be the key. And form. As for the junk food - sounds like you were just carb loading for today. :lol:

@Teresa502 I don't know how you ran 4 miles after your legs were already jelly! You are amazing. I hope you can dodge the storms today - we have already had one heavy shower and more in the forecast.

Great run @SummerSkier . Is that your cat in a robot of sorts? Cute and interesting.

@chris_in_cal I don't know what your eating habits are, and it doesn't really matter. I just know that, unlike what we would want it to be, the quote "You can't outrun your fork." is a true statement. I am stuck at about 10 pounds over where I want to be too and keep fluctuating a couple of pounds around that number. I always think that with the extra activity I have in the summer I should lose, but I never do. Hang in there. Hopefully it will start dropping off soon, for both of us. (Looks like @SummerSkier stole my line. :lol: Or maybe I stole hers.)

Nice run @kgirlhart and glad it was a little cooler for you. I have the same work schedule - heading in for 6 hours today and off tomorrow.

You are doing great @polskagirl01 . Hang in there. Love your relaxing view.

Gotta go get ready for work. I'll try to catch up with the rest of the thread later.

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    July Running Goal: 16 runs, 60 miles

Just for fun, I'm putting in my "Fork" status in my monthly running goal.
    I'm calling July 1, 2023 as --- 0.0 lbs lost.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Great job on your night race @eleanorhawkins!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    So glad you are able to do consecutive runs again @tarun_yadavA !
    Oh, and I just signed up for another race. First Saturday in August, mountains and darkness are involved. All of this is intended as training in case I end up doing one of the overnight stints of the ultra relay in November.
    Hahahaha This doesn't surprise me. Congratulations on your race results! Sounds like you did great!

You are doing great @SummerSkier !

Great running @martaindale ! Glad you can find sprinklers to run through.

Great run @Laurz9191 . It's good to see that you are having pleasant weather. I hope your son feels better soon.

Nice running and goal @Zaxa2021 !

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    July 1: Walk 1.00 mile Run 2.00 miles - treadmill
    July 2: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill
    July 3: Walk 2.00 miles Run 1.50 miles - treadmill

8.50/80 mile goal

I didn't post yesterday. Just my 2 mile treadmill walk after church and a nap for my rest day.

Today, I was supposed to work from 11-5, but when I went in, they really didn't need me. Since I had driven into town, I did work for 3 hours....I got to be in the baby room and put the itty bitty 6 week old to sleep. I love little baby cuddles.

After I got home, I did a treadmill session. I was tired and lazy, so decided on the quarter mile intervals. I did 6 x (3.8/5.0 mph) and then half mile at 3.8 mph for cool down. So, I'm counting it as 1.5 miles ran and 2.0 miles walked.