July 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Got in a pacier 6K today
    (Can't seem to upload today! ... Oh well. For those on Strava - I'm sure you'll see it there!)

@polskagirl01 - ooooh yum. How's Poland for Pretzels? (Realise it's a very German thing!)
    But yes. Going to America (from Europe) is calorific carnage. I'm back there in 2weeks. God help me! Thank God I'm running again is all 🙏
    (Will almost certainly squeeze in a trip to the Cheesecake factory again!)

@eleanorhawkins thinking of nipples and headlights throughout today's run. Laughing. Such old school guy code for 'its cold' and/or 'shes not wearing a Bra' 🤣😂
    (Sorry ladies!)

@chris_in_cal how accurate is your logging of calories btw? Both - eating and exercising.

@tarun_yadavA ok, as nobody else has, I'll give you another one to amuse you... to engage your glutes, imagine you have a coin between your buttocks and don't drop it no matter what!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    July 1 – 4.00 miles
    July 2 - 4.01 miles
    July 3 – 6.01 miles
    July 4 – 3.01 miles

Yesterday, I did a 40-minute HIIT workout, had some oatmeal and coffee and then headed to a state park located at the other end of my county. It poured rain on the entire drive there but stopped within a couple of miles of the park. I debated on whether to wear my rain jacket. I ended up leaving it and was glad that I did as it didn’t rain anymore and was so humid. I ran 6 miles. Had to hike some of the hills. The name of the trails I ran were Tunnel Hill, Gorge Overlook, and Purchase Ridge – what can one expect except hills with those names?
    2djrs4aorloo.jpg
    I ran at Natural Tunnel State Park. You can see the naturally formed tunnel in the distance. The railroad still runs through the tunnel.
    adpr6cdrjipy.jpg
    Me at Lover's Leap

Unfortunately after that, I ended up taking my dad to the ER and spent the night and all of today at the hospital with him. Fortunately, I had running clothes in my car and while he was resting comfortably today, I got out for a 3-mile run around the hospital grounds. Unfortunately, it was already 11:00 am and stinking hot and there wasn’t much shade on the hot pavement. I survived though and kept my 4-day streak alive. :p I’m meeting some friends at 5:00 in the morning for a run, working a couple of hours and then heading back to the hospital.

Beautiful views and lovely roses @polskagirl01. That’s awesome that you biked the Great Allegheny Passage. I would love to do that one day.

Congratulations on an awesome night race @eleanorhawkins!

Hope you are feeling better @Scott6255.

@martaindale – It’s legal to shoot off fireworks where I live also but I’m so rural that they don’t affect me. My mom was complaining about her neighbors shooting them off until after 11:00 last night though.

Congratulations on your 5K @chris_in_cal and beating your May time! Great picture!

Good luck with your race tomorrow @Laurz9191!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Nice pics @Teresa502. Hope your Dad is ok ❤️
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote:
    taking my dad to the ER
    That doesn't sound good.
    Teresa502 wrote:
    stinking hot and there wasn’t much shade on the hot pavement.
    Nor that.
    Teresa502 wrote:
    meeting some friends at 5:00 in the morning for a run
    Nor that. ;)

Hang in there...sounds like you are dealing with stuff. Keep up all the good work.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    Nice running @Scott6255 ! You did great today too. Sometimes speed intervals are "easier" for me - but then I walk the recovery. Glad you got it done and hope you are feeling better.

@polskagirl01 I hope you continue to feel some better day by day.

Great run @kgirlhart . I'm glad you did it yesterday so you could sleep in today.

You're doing great @tarun_yadavA !

Nice run @SummerSkier . Sorry the shoes didn't work out though.

Great run @martaindale ! I have felt like it was Saturday all day today. :lol: It is legal for people to shoot fireworks here, so, like you, we will hear them for a few days. I think it is ironic that the volunteer fire departments around here sell them for fundraisers.

Great race @chris_in_cal ! You look so happy to have finished in such good time!

Great improvement @Zaxa2021 !

Good luck with your race tomorrow night @Laurz9191 !

Great running @Teresa502 and you are looking good. You've lost so much weight I don't know if I would know you if I saw you....well, I would now that I saw that pictures. :wink: I hope you dad is feeling better and gets to go home soon. You are awesome to get some running done on the hospital grounds.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    This today, felt good!
    Will take it easy(ier) tomorrow! Aiming to run every day for the next 2weeks till my trip!

(Still can't post here for some reason!?)

@chris_in_cal well done on the 5K 🙌
    Sorry to be a downer... RE: logging calories. You can't do 0 or 100. You don't any marks for a few days on, few days off. Gotta be consistent.

@quilteryoyo thank you V! 😊
    @eleanorhawkins hahahaha. Was thinking that on today's run
    @polskagirl01 yes... The portion sizes are insane! I'm a big guy... And I struggle to eat an appetizer, Main and a dessert in the US!

@Teresa502 😔 so sorry to hear about your Dad
    🙏
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal great race photo! You look happy and you definitely improved the pace. As far as the other thing. That's up to you. I have totally been in that place where I wanted to drop weight but was just not able mentally or physically to do the 'things'. I am glad you are here and running!

@tarun_yadavA hmmmm did you post bad photos somewhere and admin took your privs away? 😜