July 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    Nice run @kgirlhart. Glad you got out before it got too hot.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry your run was a struggle. Have fun going out with your brother tonight! The blueberries are delicious!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    ... went blueberry picking at a local blueberry farm.
    That sounds like a lot of fun. True summertime. Blueberries are my fav!!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    July 1 – 4.00 miles
    July 2 - 4.01 miles
    July 3 – 6.01 miles
    July 4 – 3.01 miles
    July 5 – 5.13 miles
    July 6 – 2.05 miles
    July 7 – 4.07 miles

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my dad. I’ve been spending pretty much every waking moment at the hospital with him. It’s just too hard on my mom to sit here all day. Thankfully, I can work remotely and be here with him. Yesterday, I took a break around 10:00 am and ran around the hospital grounds again. This morning I got out before I left home for a few miles. The temp was nice (69F) but the 95% humidity was rough.

@quilteryoyo – Being called fit is a wonderful thing and describes you perfectly! Glad your mom is baffling the doctor! Sounds like you scored big on the blueberries. I usually go to a place in Buleah Dean, NC the week of July 4th but they don’t open up for picking until Monday and I’m not sure (a) my dad will be out of the hospital or (b) I want to take a vacation day to pick berries.

@martaindale – Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful trip. Post pictures when you can!

@tarun_yadaV – Did a setting on your phone change? Sometimes my photos get saved as “heic” instead of “img” and those don’t seem to be compatible with much. Have fun with the family!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,091 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I love fresh berries and veggies in the summer... when you know where they come from. Working for them make them taste so much better. 😉. Are there places in California where you can go pick your own?

Thanks @Teresa502 . You are doing great getting your running in while being at the hospital with your dad. It's great that you can work remotely and be there. I know how stressful that can be though. I hope he gets better soon. Maybe you could come to Greene county for your blueberries this year. They're open on Saturday's, I'm pretty sure.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Mmmm blueberries! My parents owned a self pick blackberry farm for a while. They had a few varieties. So good and really spoils you. It took a while before I could go back to grocery store berries. I totally agree homegrown stuff tastes better. We have some tomatoes and basil right now. The tomatoes especially are light years better than what you buy in the store.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    12K (7.5M) at 08"57.

@shanaber great to hear from you again. So sorry to hear about your Health issues 😔
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @shanaber glad to see you're ok, gentle hugs!