LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    AF tonight! Woo hoo! Yay me! Way over calories today but I’m taking the win!!!

@Michieb125 i never thought to do a guided meditation! I’ll give that a try. I am also a huge fan of club soda with a splash of cranberry- in a wine glass, naturally!! Haha!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Wednesday July 05 - 2 drinks. I was told that I could have Thursday off because of the long stretch that I am scheduled to do for people's days off. Loved that. Found out at 8pm that it wasn't going to happen, but drinks were already had. Short shift for Thursday anyway, good start to working 10 days straight. I will rack up AF days for sure.

Rolling total: 1AF days out of 5 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Over the last couple of months of practicing LA, I have noticed a different kind of ease to each day. It is hard to describe - I might even read the unexpected Joy book.

It is already Thursday and a planned A night. Saved the leftover rose’ from Sunday so will likely have that tonight as I help my DH pack for an upcoming trip.

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 4
    A - 1
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    3 A and 3 AF for July
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Thursday July 06 - AF - The beginning of working 10 days straight, so AF is in order.

Rolling total: 2AF days out of 6 days.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday and Happy July, LA friends.
    @Michieb125 About the cumulative calorie count (awesome on you!) and anxiety, FWIW alcohol amps my anxiety. I noticed it either as I got older (possibly alcohol effecting me differently) OR I didn't notice as a daily drinker and when I became a weekend only drinker I finally was able to notice. Either way, not a desirable side effect.
    @joans1976 Missed you! Sorry about the rough June. You totally deserve the self love regardless of side effects, but you need it especially in the presence of side effects! I really truly hope it smooths out for you soon. You have been through a lot.
    @Sinisterbarbie1 Gosh, you are going through a lot, too. Hang in there. What a sad time, but I hope there is a little peace in there, too. The best word I've heard (from my cousin) that describes the eldercare challenge is "draining." As they say on the plane, put on your own O2 mask first...

Accountability: Drank every day on vacation. Probably at lunch AND dinner some days. Every day fun hikes (some with snow!), and I came back maybe a pound lighter so I guess it evened out. AF since returning home and haven't really thought about the weekend, yet. I should probably take it easy. :D
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is making good decisions this week and as @Womona said, let’s stick to our goals.

@MissMay a great reminder that we can be stronger than our excuses. It is often easier to justify and defend reasons to drink but we CAN exercise self-control.

@dawnbgethealthy going into 10 days of work! Your July stats are looking good as well.

@tmbg1 good to see you here!

@forestdweller1 feeling too tipsy when it’s hot out definitely doesn’t sound great anymore.

Had planned wine last night and keeping to no more than 2/7 days in a week. Scale is at a stand still now so lighter meals and LS are in order.
    July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 4
    A - 2