LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Harvested a few items in the garden yesterday.
    Pictures next.…Will jar some pickles soon and roast the squash tonight.

@itladyee I am so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. It is never easy to let them go. Take care of yourself.

Good to ‘see’ you @ahoy_m8 and hear all is well. Sounds like you are enjoying your summer and yes, the heat is real!

@dawnbgethealthy love the black petunias! Honestly I have never seen them before in any CA.

Going to the gym for 45 minutes of strength training this morning. Looking forward to stocking my refrigerator with something new for our camp trip next month, or maybe before — Bud Zero.

AF until Fri or Sat.
    July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 13
    A - 6
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    @itladyee I’m so sorry to hear about Yoda! You absolutely made the right decision, tough as it is. The pictures are adorable. I can’t even with the wire hangers !!!!!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy, @ahoy_m8,@Michieb125,@Womona
    Thank you all for your kind words re Yoda. Hope I didn't miss anyone...

@Womona ~ he was always finding a way to make me laugh!
    @dawnbgethealthy ~ Love the black petunias!
    @missmay ~ Good Luck with the new job!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    @Michieb125

Love your photos!!
    So great to eat things that you grow : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Wednesday July 19 - Drinks. Made myself a Mojito out of my Ginger Mint, very delicious and different. Planned AF for the next 5 days.
    Thursday July 20 - AF - Quite smoky here on Thursday, pretty much stayed inside.

Rolling total: 12AF days out of 20 days.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hugs to Yoda's Mom...you did the right thing, but very sad for you. It is so hard to say goodbye to our furry companions of the heart. 💔

Nota bene... I never ordered anything from that Vermont lily catalog...all my weird & fancy deer munchies came from a friend who closed a landscaping business and had no place for the bulbs in the new quarters. If I coulda-woulda, without deer intervention, I'd invite "Punk" and all his purple friends to my yard.

Finally a cool breezy day without smoke... enough said ??
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Under siege...after 3 days, I'm stirring up a skillet of sausages & peppers & onions and opening a bottle of Malbec. AF be damned !!

It began on Wednesday, with a rat-a-tat-tat on a livingroom window over my greenhouse. Female Cardinal clinging to the windowsill obviously seeing a rival in her reflection. Cute, silly bird. Hours pass, she's still there, still pecking. She becomes more upset, flying at the enemy bird and flapping her way up all the way to the top of the 3 foot window. Rinse, repeat. All. Day. Long. Sunset, she quits.
    Thursday morning, frantic bedraggled Cardinal is back at it. This needs to stop since there is a shelf under this window that Catpucinno is not allowed to access, and he is showing "interest". Placed a white throw pillow against the window to block reflection. No change. Still a daylong flapping, cheeping , pecking assault .
    At some point, "nature calls". At the 2nd floor bathroom window, Cardinal appears, flapping, pecking...Is she FOLLOWING me ??
    I trade out white pillow for a burgundy throw pillow...bird stops pecking and tries to peer around pillow. Things are quiet for a while. Evening news is turned up a bit to drown out Cardinal squawks. Cat is no longer "interested" , more like "afraid". Thunderstorm stops all activity.
    Friday morning at 5 freakin' 30, she's back at it. It HAS to stop. No creature can keep this level of insanity. I have already e-mailed my daughters that I believe this Cardinal is a former understudy for the Hitchcock film "The Birds".
    I think she is getting tired. I HOPE she is getting tired. I PRAY she is getting tired. Friday the assaults are less frequent, but by then I have other issues to deal with.

My heart and COPD meds are delivered by my pharmacy, and Friday is the scheduled delivery day. Because I have a substantial fence, I ask to have the delivery person call me before they enter so I can assure them that I have "no dog" so they can bring the meds to my front door. Today, Friday, I get a call from the delivery person [tiny Asian lady] asking me to come to front gate. Why ? Doe-Doe is lunching under the apple trees and shows no signs of leaving. Delivery lady and I shouting back and forth across 100 foot yard does not inspire Doe-Doe to vacate the area. No delivery. No return attempt. I can only imagine the story the delivery lady has to tell when she ends her day !! Yes, Doe-Doe is bigger than both of us....
    Well, Middle Daughter has a pick up scheduled from the same drug store, so, please, please, add mine to yours this evening ?? Okay-fine. When MD arrives after work, Doe-Doe is back and still not inclined to allow anyone to enter HER munch area. Still no meds delivery. 5 days til I run out.

What's next ?? A Groundhog revolt ?? Carrying flaming twigs and chanting "Plant more broccoli !!"
    Will Animal Control believe me ??
    It's a large bottle of Malbec.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    8 A and 13 AF as of today - almost went for wine tonight but decided on a mocktail instead. Getting up early tomorrow and don't want to feel icky!

I should have gone this route!!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,561 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 such an adorable photo of you and your husband. Glad it was a nice get a way. Was that a golf course?
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy your plants are amazing. The black theme a nice touch. Once I planted EXPENSIVE black bearded iris bulbs and black dahlias both rotted in the ground before they ever had a chance to produce. Another cha-ching of $$ down the drain.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @tmbg1 your AF's are taking the lead!!!! Yes great thought we can all remember.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Michieb125 your garden photos are great. Nothing better than fresh veggies. Do you get so many that you secretly leave them on relatives door steps or in friends cars? It was always a good way for me to distribute excess produce. LOL.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @2timesacharmmfp what wonderful news you PASSED!!!! WOO HOO!
    It is a new day, tweak your goals if you need to. Main thing is your aware of wanting to change and you come here for accountability.