Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,647 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59

My, what an interesting story you have!
    You will get it back together.
    Accountability on MFP means that you are still "free" to think, feel, and speak as you like. Nice to have a place to keep us on track with our goals.

Good choice to come back to MFP IMHO

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 welcome back! You’ve had quite a journey and no one could blame you for backsliding. But, you’re taking control now , and it’s a new, wonderful day!

@Jthanmyfitnesspal I hear ya! I could have written your post, except substitute “tequila “ for “wine”!

@dawnbgethealthy I’m exhausted looking at your schedule! Congrats on the new job, you will crush it. Way to stay AF!

@Michieb125 good for you choosing to stay AF during a stressful time. Sorry to hear you are stuck in the vortex of family drama!

Today (and tomorrow) my tennis team plays Districts, should be very competitive. I’m really excited and proud of my teammates. I play today but will be there every day to cheer them on. Hope we make it to Finals on Sunday!

I’ve been more mindful of my food, have done a better job tracking, and lo and behold, my weight is coming down! I feel much better about having one drink most nights now that I see I have the room for it calorie-wise. I feel a lot better about myself this week, even though the alcohol hasn’t changed much. Hmmm….. so, only 2 AF days this month, but now it’s not bothering me! I’m not sure how to feel about all of this!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Love and hugs to those who need it!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @MissMay

Congrats on the new job!

@Womona
    Best of luck with the Tennis tournament. Have fun : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Thursday July 13 - AF - I seem to have a new friend at the LTC/Retirement place job. She says that she has a teaspoon of vodka in a large glass with ice, tonic water, and lime juice each night. I think that even that amount would affect my energy levels which are dicey at the moment. I will be AF again on Friday. Planning drinks for Saturday after 2 jobs are complete. Whew. Not taking ANY shifts for Sunday, my garden really needs me. Thankfully we had a downpour of rain yesterday so at least it is watered. Absolutely no time for it this past week. I also really need a midweek lake day (weekends are too crowded), so am going to figure that out for the coming week while it is still really hot, and still summer.

Rolling total: 8AF days out of 13 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    @MissMay good for you to realize it’s time to leave that job. The hotel is lucky to have you!

@Womona glad you’re feeling better this week and sounds like you will have a great time with tennis. Yes, the vortex of family drama is real. I have learned to put myself first and detach when appropriate, finally……

@dawnbgethealthy the vodka story is kind of cute. But she doesn’t have your work shifts! I personally take more supplements when I have a packed schedule. - maybe more Vitamin C and electrolytes would give you the extra plug right now.

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 9
    A - 4
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    6 A and 8 AF
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hey Quiche long time, no see! Glad to see you are back! I haven't been on so much. I have been having a hectic summer but keeping alcohol at the minimum. As many people know here, I've been on Wegovy since April 1. I've lost 20 lbs but it also curbs addiction so it is not hard for me to stop at one drink. I am a bit concerned about what will happen when I stop taking it but I don't want to take it forever. We will see.

Is this who was normally known to me as Foo Foo way long ago...?? OR is this Jen lol