Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Quick shout out to Allie- It looks like Myles first day at care was fun for him (aka successful). BUT, drop offs might always be hard. He is over a year old and knows that his "normal" has been to be with mom/grandma. He will most likely cause a ruckus at drop off for the next few days. For most of my kids, the first two to four weeks is a big adjustment period.
    Kids also go through seperation anxiety at different stages in their lives. From time to time, I will have kiddos who have been with me since infancy start to cry and cling to parents at drop off. And that is okay. They would rather be with their family, who they love more than anything. Totally understandable. AND they are usually fine by the time mama or daddy pull out of the drive.
    Tell Tracy to hang in there; if this is his behaviour. It will get better. <3 KJ
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    majork29 wrote: »
    Yesterday was one of those day that start out great and then fall apart. Got up and had a good chat with hubby while he was getting read to go golfing with a friend. Called my mom and chatted with her, dad is doing a bit better and showing a bit more interest in things. Had a doctors appointment. Going back on my anti-depressants for a while. Did some work then came home and went to bed. Just simply not feeling well at all. By dinnertime Hubby and youngest all felt the same way. I slept the clock around, they are still sleeping.

Hope you all feel better today, and that it's a good day.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Well came back after dropping Alfie off and went back to sleep..feel a bit better but not much..
    The stress test isn't until Thursday 🙄sheesh I can't keep up.brought some dog food over to Toms for Homer.. bless his little heart still trucking along at 17 1/2
    And Tom just like his dad,constantly working on projects.. good for him
    Im just hoping whatever I have goes away soon..this is getting on my last nerve lol
    Rori- so happy that a little happiness has dropped into your life,well deserved..s8q45t55kk53.jpg
    Second day the same..but instead of an afternoon nap he took an earlier nap ,think he is finding his routine..
    Like Kelly said it will take some time.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Worked then went to CVS for the cereal for Vince. I got 2 large boxes of Cheerios for 41 cents. The gal brought by the supplies for the pool party. Now making breakfast for tomorrow and then I’ll probably go in the pool. Eye MD appt this afternoon.

Rori – oh how wonderful that guy sounds! I’m so happy for you

Will do a body pump DVD tomorrow

Vince says he’s feeling old mow. Yesterday he just went into the donut hole….lol

bonhalp – you will certainly be able to do this with all the motivation here

Michele NC
    who is off to the pool
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    July 2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate sales.
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month. Emotionally and physically feeling better otherwise.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 7/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 130/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)56/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 8/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 25/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture. Trying to see my son’s decisions through his eyes.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them. I did not do this.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation. My son is bonding with his uncle and grandmother.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter.
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Today is sunny with a gentle breeze, an excellent beginning. DH is doing well & I am encouraged by his progress in physical therapy. I’m looking forward for spending time in the garden later today.

Katla in Illinois
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Heather--So nice you have friendship that have lasted for years. I know I have a couple and they are worth so much.
    Barbie--Excited for you and your new car. Hope it all goes without any problems.
    Rori--They always say things happen when we are not expecting.
    Thanks for all the positive comments on my picture with my brothers. I am only 5-1 and I find I am looking up at more people all the time. My hip is getting better and I go back to the chiropractor this afternoon. Only working until noon today.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

when former hubby and I got married- I was 4'11" and he was 6'2". I was always looking up to him. I did grow an inch. Hit 5' a little later. His whole family is very tall. Dad was 6'6" w/ 54" chest. He has shrunk a lot, mostly in chest size. I didn't even recognize him when I saw a picture of him after not seeing him for 20 yrs. Mom is the shortest at 5'9"

We joke that my older sister got all the height, 5'8" and there was nothing left for my younger sister and I. Beverly is about 5'1 or 5'2". Mom and dad were/are both short- dad was 5'7" I think at one time but by the time he passed away, he was at most 5'4". Mom is about 5'3"

Debbie
    Napa Valley ,CA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Fun to see someone you grow up with and actually babysat a few times as an answer on Jeapordy!!

4ty7wkql6jpc.png
  • dlfk202000
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Good morning from overcast SW WA State!

Rori - I am thrilled for you. :) Remember the film "Same Time Next Year" with Ellen Burstyn & Alan Alda? I'm not implying you're going to have yearly romantic interludes :p but love the idea of occasional meet-ups and catch-ups with someone you really like and want to get to know. They say the best romance takes place in our heads anyhow. :D DH and I courted via letters and hours long telephone calls off and on for years before we even met. Long story I'll tell some day if I haven't already.

I picked a big container of blueberries at Roger's house early this morning. I'll be able to put a lot in the freezer, Roger's wife is overwhelmed and says "get all you want and then some!" What a great year for all kinds of berries and tree fruit - last year was dismal, this is making up for it.

Just got back from a walk with neighbor D. Our walks have dwindled to about once a week, which is fine since right now I prefer my solo walking at 5 am or as soon as it gets light out, me and the birds and the sun peeking up. I know I've mentioned on here that as I pushed to cut back on the nearly daily walks as my yard duties were getting overwhelming, plus I just preferred time to myself, she was disappointed. But she and her husband started going to the gym early in the mornings - he's diabetic so needed the exercise, and she gets a chance for some strength training. So it's all working out.

That's it for now. Make it a wonderful day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lanette-
    First hubby and I courted via letters too.
    We met when I was in 7th grade. We saw each other once a month at youth rallies for the Baptist churches around. He lived about 40 min. or so away. His youth group and ours would go out after for a bite to eat and we would smile at each other, rarely actually talked- both too shy. Did get to know his a bit better the following summer. He worked in the kitchen at church camp. After that, we wrote a lot.
    Actually only had one "one on one" date before we got engaged and only saw each other twice the year we were engaged. He was going to college in Riverside,CA then went into the Coast Guard.
    Wish we had taken more time to get to know each other better but I didn't want to wait longer. Didn't want to let him get away. Got married the weekend after I graduated from college and moved across the country a few days later. We were poor but didn't realize it- we had everything we needed and then some.

Wish our fruit trees did something this year- no nectarines or plums. The nectarine I didn't spray well enough- terrible peach leaf curl this spring and has barely any leaves on it. Plum tree looks great but maybe one plum on it and I am sure the birds will get it before it ripens all the way.

Raspberries are doing pretty good with more coming on. Not enough to freeze yet but enough to share with mom and MIL(she liked them the first time but after dh told her I grew them, she doesn't like them anymore)
    Ezie, my daycare girl LOVES going out with a bowl and filling it up to go with her lunch. Can't get any fresher than that. Most get put in her bowl but some get eaten right when she picks them.

Debbie