☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Beth -

On that pleasant note, today was, without a doubt, the best interaction to get a car repaired ever. I went in with a positive attitude, because I had flipped my thought process this morning to think about it as positive... and, as a result of walking in happy. This meant I was open to engaging the service writer in conversation about lots of geek things - computer codes in cars, television and Amazon subscriptions, for instance.

I also let him instruct me in the extra repair they found needed doing, which was a sensor that needed replacing, with a $550 price tag. Happily, it was covered under the extended warranty we bought with the car. Believe me, I hadn't the foggiest what it did. (Still know only vaguely, but I know more than I did when I walked in!) He was a really nice man, not just to me, to everyone.

And, even better, because they did the warranty work on the sensor, he was able to wiggle the system and charge me absolutely nothing for the code we needed, They reset the whole system for us and even gave us the code in case it happened again. Walked out with a smile and a zero bill. Lessons for Lisa. Start with the positive, you never know what can happen. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Great job Lisa!!!

• pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Allie-the animals are a great idea for the kids.
    Lisa-look at you with the positive attitude and having it all work out! Trying to stay positive does help. Good luck with the room addition!
    Beth-I am so glad we own a brick house. I can't imagine doing siding with my husband-but we did tackle some projects when we were younger. Go slow and take breaks when you need them!
    Bonhalp-welcome!
    Lanette-I'm trying!
    Rita-hope son's bonding is positive for him.

Staff member who started in early June had massive stroke over weekend, put on vent, taken off vent Monday evening and passed. In her 40's. Another staff member (longer term) had surgery and they determined endometrial cancer, stage III c. We never know what may happen. . . .

Heading off to bed-have to start tomorrow with a meeting (yay me!).

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny- I am so sorry about your co-workers. You are right, you never know what will happen.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Everything went fine at the eye MD She didn’t even dilate my eyes! I think it was more to check the pressure than anything else. Cut the grass tonight. Vince said “it’s nice at night, you don’t sweat” I just said “oh REALLY?”

Didn’t go for my walk because we cut the grass. I did find out (via my pedometer) that I walked about the same distance (2 miles) and took about the same amount of steps

Lanette – from what I understand, Jerry set his tent up behind BK, probably so he can walk to work. One of his problems with like going to the soup kitchen is that he doesn’t drive. That’s why he needs to go someplace that he can walk to work. Before this happened, someone picked him up and drove him home. And sometimes he had to just sit there for hours until someone got off work. Which was why he liked it when I drove him home since I usually finished around 10-11. But after he blew up at me and gave me the finger (I don’t care if it was the beer talking), there is no way I will take him home. Well, there is one way but this won’t happen. If he joins AA and is truly working the program. But that’s not going to happen in this lifetime.

Carol – we had to get a new roof and a new hot water heater lately. Vince kept saying “well, we probably won’t ever have to replace them”...lol

Ginny – I’m so sorry about your staff members. You’re so right, we never know…..

Debbie – love your spice rack. Do you have them alphabetized?

This is prime day at Amazon so I was checking some of their deals. Really, I didn’t see any “deals”. I guess some people feel it is a deal, but I don’t (maybe I’m too cheap...lol)

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Tracey - It's wonderful when they are creative, but it is full on. Plus expensive!! It does warm my heart though. Edie now has a date for painting her wooden boxes. She's asked me to get lavender, green, blue, and beige paints. Well, I did ask! I do have some 30 year old acrylic paints, but I will have to go through them properly to see which are not completely dead. Some still seem to have some squidge in the tubes. :p
    I'm thinking I might be inspired to paint one of my own.
    I still have one that my parents bought me for Christmas when I was seven. I discovered it, covered up, at the bottom of my bed before the day. When it appeared in my Christmas stocking, it was covered in red check Fablon, and contained a sewing kit, with two woven skeins of thread.
    My first husband took off the Fablon and painted it for me. Flowers. I still have it, with old jewellery inside.

As my son said the other day, there are no cheap hobbies! As Annie is finding! :p Money seems to follow them. Watch out Annie!

So glad your Michaela is creative. It's wonderful. Follow your bliss. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    <3