WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I went and picked up the meds and got my first dose in..im going to lay low the rest of the day.. i did get the garbage together for Dan.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Diana – welcome! Aren’t frozen grapes fantastic? I like the red ones

Rebecca – my waffle iron makes small waffles. I make like 6 at a time and just put them in the refrigerator. Try putting your waffle in the microwave for a little bit (maybe a minute on a lower power setting) and then in the toaster. I tried this last time and the center came out soft while the outside was crunchy, like when you first make them.

Allie – hope you’re better fast. You need to get better for your cruise! Update: glad the x-rays didn’t show anything bad

Beth – how scary that must have been to see! Glad your son is better now

Went in the pool then walked around the block. Had to leave for church so didn’t get to go back in the pool. Probably will be able to tomorrow. Vince is talking about cutting the grass Tues. since we have the Newcomer pool party Saturday. Update: I have an eye MD appt Tues. afternoon, so it may be Tues night or during the day Wed. since we have to go to the ceramics studio to pick up Vince's tree trunk. That's also the last day they will be open. I'll need to make the pie for the gal on Tuesday, probably before the eye MD or maybe at night, I don't know, whatever works into the schedule.

Anne – I HATE underwire bras. Hate with a capital “H”. I won’t buy one.

Michele NC

Nice! Yep I nuke for 30 sec then in toaster on lowest setting. These are frozen waffles really huge!
    I tend to eat them more like a slice of toast than a waffle. Yesterday I used Bisquick mix and make banana bread. Just sugar, egg, oil, mix, and vanilla. Came out really good.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    My two bananas that I were waiting patiently to over ripen, did, so I added them to 2 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup milk, 2 cups + 2/3 cups Bisquick mix. 350' for 30 minutes in my mini loaves pan. Made 8 loaves. So yummy!
    I cut and warmed one up this morning with a smear of butter and honey. Happy.
    Eating my tomatoes with most every meal. Today was putting a slab atop a toasted bagel with garden herbed cream cheese. Glue of the Gods is what I call it.😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Keep the pretty photos coming. Enjoy seeing each and every one. Heather, that Bea💖. I remember when she was a baby! And her older sister with Dad, priceless. I agree with Lisa, they are two peas from the same pod.💖
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 4hrs 32min 45sec, vacuum, Dust, make hummingbird food, water plants, empty/clean/refill front patio water fountain, make massive batch of tea, laundry fold/put away etc= 1268c
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    M Some of the suburbs are under restrictions. Last year they went to even odd days. Might happen yet.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Barbie - Michele - one reason I got chickens is that I got tired of throwing away produce. The recycle crew either eat it or scratch it into nice bedding. Better than going in the garbage can. This afternoon they got a golden kiwi that had been hiding in the fridge. They ate it, skin and all.

Ginny - way to go with the walking. :D Seems it wasn't that long ago, after covid, it took you a while to get your energy back. Now look at you! :p

Ginny - Barbie - Pip - Heather - Machka and you other walkers out there - what kind of shoes are you wearing these days? I'm in a fairly new pair of New Balance with Powerstep insoles. My right foot has been bothering me - I think when I broke my baby toe a year ago I might have done a little other damage. I hadn't been wearing the Powerstep in my right shoe, but I'm going to. I put them in tonight.

I've been using the Bob & Brad resistance bands to do some upper body work - rowing, back exercises. What I like about them is that I'm also working my core - as I lean in (or out) more of my body is engaged than if I was just using free weights. They have some good demo videos. I still like free weight for bicep curls. And using ankle weights for legs. I might change as I become more familiar with the bands.

Pip - this one's for you.
    8mxvvouftbov.png

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Awwww, I’ve seen those
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Barbie - Michele - one reason I got chickens is that I got tired of throwing away produce. The recycle crew either eat it or scratch it into nice bedding. Better than going in the garbage can. This afternoon they got a golden kiwi that had been hiding in the fridge. They ate it, skin and all.

Ginny - way to go with the walking. :D Seems it wasn't that long ago, after covid, it took you a while to get your energy back. Now look at you! :p

Ginny - Barbie - Pip - Heather - Machka and you other walkers out there - what kind of shoes are you wearing these days? I'm in a fairly new pair of New Balance with Powerstep insoles. My right foot has been bothering me - I think when I broke my baby toe a year ago I might have done a little other damage. I hadn't been wearing the Powerstep in my right shoe, but I'm going to. I put them in tonight.

I've been using the Bob & Brad resistance bands to do some upper body work - rowing, back exercises. What I like about them is that I'm also working my core - as I lean in (or out) more of my body is engaged than if I was just using free weights. They have some good demo videos. I still like free weight for bicep curls. And using ankle weights for legs. I might change as I become more familiar with the bands.

Pip - this one's for you.
    8mxvvouftbov.png

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

HOKA trail running shoes. Love them. Wish I could wear them all the time.

My next favourite footwear are my boots. I wear them at least half the year. I have a pair on today.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    B) Today is a bright, bright sunshiney day. I’ve already seen a hummingbird at the feeder.

😊 ❤️ 😊

Katla
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette, New Balance 813 V3 and New Balance 1300 V1 I've worn the same ones for several years. I order them through Amazon.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    BETH ~ Thinking of you as the news reported heavy flooding in NY. Hope you and your family are safe.

LANETTE ~ Your exercise with bands sounds great. My core is where I need to do the most work. I tried doing chair sitting exercises on Youtube last week that are supposed to trim the core and those seem to be what messed up my ankles.

I so admire all of you who take long walks and exercise!

Carol in GA