1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    (((Beth)))

The neighbor with the new garden asked if I could water for 10 days while they were gone on family business. I said no and told them about two reliable young people in the neighborhood they could hire. I got a thank you for the week I did for them. The other neighbor did give me a gift card. I am willing to do a few days ten is just too long especially since doing that other week for them. I figured it out if I had said yes it would have meant I added another watering chore to my chores for a total of 4 weeks when I am already watering my own two gardens. We are in the middle of a severe drought.

When we're in the middle of a severe drought, we're not allowed to water our gardens.

In a mild or moderate drought, we can water gardens between midnight and about 4 am - we have an automatic watering system.

There are 4 Stages of water restrictions ...
    https://www.taswater.com.au/news/restrictions/water-restrictions-stage-4

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I am on the hunt for very comfortable dress shoes that I can walk in.

Lowish heels
    Not slip on or ballet flat
    Preferably with laces or adjustable straps
    No pointed toes
    Good soles for walking
    Not boots ... I love boots but I need shoes.
  • renewtoday
    renewtoday Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Margaret ~ Congrats on having the courage to say "NO" to something you did not want to get involved in.

Heather ~ Congrats to your son and to Bea!

Beth ~ Hopes and prayers that your son's health will have a silver lining.

I am icing and elevating my ankles and taking extra strength acetaminophine.

Carol in GA

@1948CWB I hope your better soon!

Jolene
    CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Carol - I do hope the ankles calm down. I sprained mine a lot when I was younger, and it's quite painful. Hope the ice and elevation. Flex Tape can be very helpful, as it keeps things steady while you're walking, and the compression is helpful. This is a link to directions on how to tape your ankle, including a video.

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Heather-congrats to your son-that is quite an accomplishment! And Bea sounds like she was also most accomplished!

Machka-I have found these to be good. I can put my orthotics in them. A bit pricey but last forever. They have a variety of other styles. https://dansko.com/collections/womens-mary-janes?page=1

Margaret-I see nothing wrong with you directing them to some kids who could do it. It would be one thing if they had the garden and something unexpected came up-but sounds like when they put garden in they knew they wouldn't be there the whole summer.

Beth-your son is fortunate you and DH can provide assistance.

Lisa-I didn't pay our house off as quickly as you did (in fairness, we did a couple of refis over the years and paid off a couple of cars at at the much lower mortgage rate), but after DH passed and I could see the end clearly in sight I doubled up and got that out of the way. Too bad they don't give us the paper deed any more so we could have the old "mortgage burning party"!

Need to go get a couple of things done for work before family gets here.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    July 2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate that my children still come to me for help.
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 4/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 129/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)56/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 3/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 24/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter.
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Proforrm’s Get Strong Sexy and Skinny DVD then went for a walk. Then to WalMart. Made the pie for the gal at ceramics. I might take it with me tomorrow because I bet others are going to bring something on Wednesday.

Tracey – great shopping

Heather – congrats to your son and Bea

Yesterday Vince said he was sitting watching TV and suddenly his big toe stuck straight up. It wasn’t gout because he’s had gout and he knows the feeling. We’re thinking it was just cramping. Then he said that after a while suddenly his toe was on the ground

Barbie – I’m with you, I hate to waste food. The bad thing is that I’ll eat something just so it won’t go to waste. The freezer is my absolute friend.

Cloudy today, been spritzing all morning. Think I’ll go power wash the patio below for the pool party. I just know that if I get in the pool, it’ll start to rain.

Michele NC