WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    July 2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate my coffee.
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 4/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 126/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)56/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 3/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 24/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter.
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Jolene great loss! Slow and steady wins the race.

Majork29 ooh that sounds like a big furball of cute puppy! Just old enough to get into things but still a sweetie. My little Teddy is twelve years old and sixteen pounds. Just a white hairy lapdog, very affectionate.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Outside bike ride- *new saddle* - 2hrs 4min 47sec, 352elev, 68aw, 13.7amph, 135ahr, 158mhr, 28.5mi= 1044c
    Strava app = 569c
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I really hope you’re right. I worry.

Michele - I have a crystal collection. My grandmother started it for me the year I was 16 and received my hope chest for Christmas. I had always pretended to drink champagne out of a glass of hers that looked like crystal. I was drinking ginger ale. I guess I got so attracted to it probably from the soaps, especially Dynasty and Dallas. 😂. I’m sure my girls won’t want it, but I can tell where every piece came from.

Barbara - that’s a rough day. Mirrors aren’t cheap, although we found one for our daughters car for 60 on Amazon and the dealership wanted 200.

Debbie - I wish your DH would get some help too. It’s not healthy for you or him.
    My DH’s family resolved things at the top of their lungs. He is very calm and quiet. I think he didn’t want to be like that. I have a foul temper, it takes a lot to get me there and it’s probably only come out about 3 times in our marriage thankfully. I don’t like myself like that.

Allie - I understand the stress their family dynamics puts on you, Carmine isn’t going to be able to get her problems fixed without Kyle getting his fixed. It’s a terrible situation and I hope they get help soon.
    I hope you feel better soon, my SIL apparently woke up sick today with a cold/flu.

Kylia - maybe it’s the meds causing the infection. I haven’t had one for years but used to get them all the time.

Heather - beautiful painting.

Margaret - well said.

Rebecca - out cable and internet are close in price to yours. We are looking at how to lower the cost without losing services. It’s always such a game with these companies.

Lanette - DH now has a 2017 Dodge Ram. The road to credit rebuilding has started I guess.
    Great news about your car. My brother swears by Toyotas. He is a mechanic.
    I just saw your comment about driving your DH’s truck. Yesterday, DH told me he didn’t know if he would let me drive his truck, I told him that I’m sure I would be the first time he needed something that he didn’t want to go get and wouldn’t fit in my vehicle. Tonight, he came home from work, put on lounge pants and remembered he needed gas. So I’ve driven it already.
    One of my previous jobs required me to drive all sorts of trucks, the biggest was a Dodge 3500. It was a bit much, but I did it.

Pip - What a hassle losing a wallet. It takes so much time to get things replaced.

Rosemarie - we signed up for Paramount Plus through Amazon easily on the app on my phone. I spent 2 hours trying to cancel it last week, turns out you can only cancel through the Amazon website not the app. They always find some way of trying to get you.
    I set a calendar reminder for a few days before the membership renews so I can cancel if we’re not watching. I just cancelled a few last week. Right now we have Apple TV free.

Annie - I agree with Lanette, about $500 for rotors and brakes on my car last year. I would have thought prices were cheaper in the States, but not so much.

I just saw that there is a 5th Toy Story in the works. That is my favourite animated movie series of all time. I also like Shrek. Inside Out is one that I keep waiting for a sequel. That one came out the year my Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and it made me cry. Our eldest daughter thought she should have had royalties, because it explained so much about how she felt when we moved her across the country at age 8.

I have crafted most of the day, trying new things. I’m not done to my satisfaction yet so will have to finish tomorrow probably.

Tracey in Edmonton

It is pricy! We are blessed that its just one out of three bills we need to pay. Son pays for electric bill. We could always cut out cable and have the three or four major channels. Then just watch our videos and CDs. Check out movies and series from the library. I would be totally ok with that. So just the modem use. As much as I turn on the tv these days, its really only on when husband has a meal. That seems a wee bit sad, but its intentional viewing not just a drone noise in the background.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    The plan for tomorrow is to do ProForm’s Get Strong Sexy and Skinny DVD. Church tonight. But first want to go in the pool then take my walk.

Rebecca - got dinner ready. I'm taking your suggestion and having just 1/3 of a Kodiak waffle.

Heather – that is so nice of you to help out

We do have sirius in all the vehicles. I especially like it when I’m traveling far from home (like going to FL). I sometimes listen to it on my walk (when I’m not listening to a podcast)

Cut up the store cards that I don’t use. I’m only down to 2 store cards – Belks and Kohl’s. And 3 credit cards. Don’t really want any more.

Off to the pool

Michele NC

What do you do with the rest of the waffle?😁. I eat most things one at a time. I'm the only one eating it, so they don't really reheat well without turning into a rock.🙃
    Great cutting of cards. 👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Carol so sorry your ankles are bothering you. Time to sit back and elevate them. Take care of yourself!

Allie, you too! Hope that chest cough is nothing serious.

I just went through and updated all my phone calendar reminders to better reflect my life. And I squeezed some slots for biking and meditation in there. Now I am feeling so organized! I still have several paper piles I need to handle.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Beth oh my gosh! What a scary episode with your son! Glad it settled down.

Lanette when I got on my bike I remembered the sweet things you said. Thank you!

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,388 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Beth - So glad your son is OK! Hope losing the migraines was the silver lining of an incredibly dark cloud, and hope the heart thing is temporary too. So stinking scary. I'd be indulging in a little stress eating myself.

We don't have other forms of entertainment besides streaming shows and reading books, either. We haven't gone out to a restaurant in months, and have no real plans to, and haven't gone out to a movie in years. Unfortunately, our other entertainment was weekend drives, and those are not a good thing in this part of the country when bathrooms need to be very available for me still. Hopefully this too will pass.

Corey's having fun making "Millionaire Spaghetti," but I did convince him not to put a stick of butter in it, as the recipes call for. It's basically just lasagna using spaghetti noodles, except for the butter. He took over the crystallized ginger, too, which I was happy to let him do. I peeled it and sliced it first. :smiley:

And, speaking of streaming, I've finished all but the last two Father Brown shows, which aren't available yet... and Lanette, you were right about the changes coming. Do enjoy that show. Not fond of Endeavor. I find it hard to stick with the darker ones, and haven't found one yet that adds humor and brightness like Father Brown and Sister Boniface. Still looking. At the moment, I'm watching a piece on Lord Lucan, interviewing his wife. Definitely NOT bright... but only one.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,364 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, Beth. Scary! Sending hugs. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Beth-Very scary with your son. I hope they are able to find out something.
    Allie-good news on x-ray. I know you will miss watching Miles but it sounds like your body has been telling you you need to rest for some time.

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options