WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Kim – I called the historical society who thinks they will be able to use it. We need to put it together and then I’ll take a pic and send it to them. That’ll make Vince feel good knowing that it went there.

The Humane Society called me, they would like the Home Theatre System, even tho it doesn’t have the DVD player. It has everything else. They can probably sell it on their online auction.

Terri – do you play mahjongg online?

Debbie – if you do loan Ezie’s step-grandpa money, I’m sure you’ll be sure to get it in writing. You’re so right, it should NOT be a secret

Took a walk around the block and had some excitement. One firetruck came into the development but then a second one did. I saw that they were on our street and then I saw they were at the house across the street. I know the family is gone and her mother and aunt are there so I got worried, especially when a medical vehicle came. But it seems that they hit the wrong button. I’m thinking that they must have one of those “Home Alert” thing – you know the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” thing.

Off to take a shower and then watch some TV if I can.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends!

My router has been up and down, and now just down. Dad messed with it without supervision. Now there's a technician coming tomorrow morning. I just need to clean up a few cords first.

So no music. No exercise videos. There goes the sister challenge. And my three year Spanish streak in Duolingo is in jeopardy. I'm cranky.

Annie in Delaware

Go for a long walk outside ... no need for music or exercise videos, and your sister challenge is still on. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    michele -
    I don't remember you chatting about the crib before.... but i recently saw some repurposed furniture ideas, so went to pintrest and put in repurposed crib and some goofy stuff showed up BUT how to turn it into a patio bench, a cool looking patio table (with storage under) great as a drinks table by the pool...

so just another possibility.

Kim

Yes ... like these:

b3k71un1q4y3.png
    https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=606765251555754&set=pcb.606767738222172

djn4wh7vzz57.png
    https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=606765641555715&set=pcb.606767738222172

av9u19e6emiy.png
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=606765578222388&set=pcb.606767738222172

99ir25m8qfid.png
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=606765611555718&set=pcb.606767738222172

• Machka9
    Options
    I have done WW 4 weeks and have only lost 3 pounds. I don't keep enough food in the house and snack on bread when I run low on food. I don't exercise every day. On the days I go to the rescue I eat an extra croissant to fill me up to give me energy. This is an extra 28 points a week that is not nutritious.
    So i have gone from 190 to 187.

On a better note I went to the gym and did 7 miles in 64 minutes taking some 8 second breaks. The course was a computer program that was rated moderate but was probably a little too easy. My buttocks hurt from the seat of the bike and they hurt the next day. My knees seem okay. I was pretty pleased overall. I hope to go again tomorrow.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

3 lbs in 4 weeks is great!

Machka in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Music bingo last night was a hoot. The biggest problem I had was that I’d be singing the songs and would miss them on my cards to mark! Tonight we’re supposed to go to NY Hibachi and meet women from Newcomers to return the unused supplies.

Went to the dentist yesterday, he said that all’s fine, so that’s a relief

Shredded cabbage for coleslaw. Hey, I have to use it up! At 49 cents/pound, I HAD to buy it. This weekend I’ll probably make some soup with the rest of it.

Had a grilled chicken sandwich last night and only water to drink.

Allie – awwww, Miles isn’t one yet, is he? Miles’ daycare reminds me so much of what I envision KJ’s to be like

Debbie – that 5 Below sounds just like your Falling Prices place. Yea, same here, I just can’t be bothered hunting thru those bins. But was it ever crowded since it was $1 day. Yes, it seems that they do change the prices every day. And there were Amazon returns.

Rebecca – you are one of my favorite people on this thread. Well...you and everyone else that is! Looking at your pantry – what time should I be over????

Tracey – I think you’ll be great working with young children.

KJ – I’m so glad to hear how much your childcare parents appreciate you by bringing things for you. Am also glad you’re feeling better

Lisa ETC – your posts always make me smile, even when they’re about things that aren’t the best. You have such a way with words! I’m farther west, so no tornado problems here.

I know this makes Vince sad, but I called the Historical Society to see if they’d be interested in his crib. We really do need to get it out of the house. No one will use it. Denise never. Probably not Jess. It’s just sentimental to Vince. Even if the Historical Society doesn’t take it, I wonder if there’s a way I can tell him that they did and get rid of it on my own. It will probably make him feel better if he knew the Historical Society had it. There was a Home Theatre System that I’m going to call the Humane society’s restore and see if they’d be interested in it. They are more up-scale than the Salvation Army or Goodwill.

Michele NC

Awe anytime any of you make it to my island, I will do my best to feed you! Sadly the only rule is no pets. Not our rule but the managers rule.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Lanette - You have no idea how happy the idea of a chicken named "Gladys" makes me.

Allie - So glad that Miles is adjusting... He looks the same little happy boy. Grandma hasn't been replaced, she just gets to be Grandma now. :wink: It's a good thing for all of you.

Vicki - I hope your foot's better, it is a little worrisome...

Tracey - I love that dragon, but yes, I see a little of the feminine in it as well... It's absolutely gorgeous.

Rebecca - I love the peek into your pantry... One of the reasons I fell in love with Corey was the fact that he absolutely loves food and loves eating. Watching his face turn to bliss over a bite of food still makes me happy.

Love y'all,
    Lisa ETC

Lee was really out of wack taste bud wise back in 2012, so I get lots of joy since he has his appetite back.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Flat Fire now over 15,000 acres with mandatory “Leave Now” evacuations in place for the Oak Flat area 4 miles south/southeast of Agness. Not heavily populated but perhaps 40 structures in the area. Smoke not as bad today. Progress made clearing old breaks but zero percent contained after 5 days.
    Belated welcome back @jennysikma Jenny. So sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) Best advice is to just start. Weigh and log everything that goes into your mouth so you know where you are. It’s a real eye-opener. Find an activity you enjoy so you can move more. Keep coming back here for inspiration, motivation and shoulders when needed.
    Belated welcome @ragtopmama2781 Jeanne in VA. We’re happy you’re here too!
    Belated welcome back @misslissa1969 Melissa in AL. That’s a great GW :}
    Heather love the beach painting. You’ve really found another of your gifts. NEVER raddled old hag. Accomplished, powerful woman!
    Rita thanks for checking in. You’re in my thoughts.
    Lanette Bulimia? Thankful you survived dear friend.
    Kim Hallucinations? WOW. So glad IV glucose fed your brain what it needed. ((hugs))
    Barb :love: the pic of you and your DH on the AT.
    Debbie I had the same thought when I saw Allie’s pic of Miles’ rainy day play :naughty: Not selling your MIL’s house until she’s truly settled in wherever she wants to go is very wise. Thankful your DH took your advice and that there is hope he may be relieved of some of the stress she puts him through.
    Pip :love: your setup, especially the pooches’.
    Barbie :love: “planned exceptions” and avoiding things that make you feel guilty instead of powerful.
    Katla yay for the fair with the grands!
    Tracey great group photo at the camp out. I’ll get the watch when the time is right ;}
    Tere good to see you popping in again.
    Machka two meetings at once? One in each ear?? My head aches just thinking of it.
    Terri that Hogwarts Holiday Challenge sounds like fun. Yay team!
    Allie sorry for your dark thoughts on the 17th. I came home in the darkest mood I can remember after dance class Tuesday night. Gonna blame it on the dark of the moon in Cancer. :{
    Michele I’m with Tracey and Vince about the gecko. Hope he can figure out some way to protect it from the elements… ;)
    Rebecca you are a great gift to your pen pals, us and even to your Chief despite his stinky timing ;)
    Through pg 42, sat long enough.

7/15 gratitude the too-long separation exercise at dog group finally ended. ;}
    7/14 gratitude chiropractor!
    07/14: Move: 1 sets PT w/d, dogs to powerline, stroll with D. Steps:10778
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp= -19
    CI=1427 CO=387
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF. Hymns, chiropractor. Wt: 129.6 WOW
    07/13: Move: 2 sets PT w/d walked from body shop to library, Grocery Outlet and back, dogs to powerline. Steps:10430 yay!
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=8 CI=1450 CO=591
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, car to body shop. Library, Grocery Outlet, coffee/chat with D. Wt: 132.7 [/spoiler]
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. July: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Annie - I do Duolingo on my phone on the app . If you have any data, it's no problem.
    I've given up with streaks. What a pain to be hassled.
    I've also given up with tracking, and hardly ever weigh myself. I feel that I know what feels right and good for me. I used to be meticulous. Nowdays life is too short. However, I am in favour of whatever works for you, and I know some people enjoy facts and figures and charts. I am not a detail person and I'm learning to go with the flow. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Heather: Love the heat gun idea. I wonder if this will work?

Machka: I love the second dress as well! It is interesting that your office dresses up. I thought most offices had gone business casual. I don't own a dress or skirt at present. I use to wear them all the time in my thirties and forties.

I am up and about. Plan to have lunch with a friend today and go to the gym. I will see what else the day brings!

Best,
    Rosemarie

Australia is more formal than North America ... in some ways. We dress for office work, for going to the movies (which took me by surprise), and often when we're out and about.

Most Australian children wear uniforms to school for 12 or 13 years. Then many jobs, including office jobs, have uniforms. Thank goodness my office doesn't require a uniform but we do dress up in business attire. Except for Fridays. We can go a bit more casual on Fridays.

That said, the bogans will insist on wearing pyjamas or thin leggings and short tops when they are shuffling round the shops. :neutral:

I love skirts and dresses. So much more comfortable than dress pants. I wear some length of leggings under them ... mid-thigh leggings ("bicycle shorts") in summer, knee length in spring and autumn, and long in winter.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Did an upper body workout again today.

Sorting things for next month's conference.

Colouring.

Watching Tour de France.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Hot off the press
    Tony Bennett has passed away..almost 97 yrs old bless him ,loved his music..
    Tracy told Josie she has to cool it with sugar,he doesn't get it at home. He had syrup on pancakes and she gave him 1/2 a cannoli,and Tracy wants to make sure that the fruit is washed,if not she will send some with him..