WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options

Michele
    - any chance your painful tooth could be from grinding your teeth? Seems like when I have a tooth giving me trouble I can put in an el-cheapo Plackers "Grind No More Nightguard" and after a couple nights, things have calmed down. I used to get them at the Dollar Tree. They haven't carried them for a while. So I order them from Amazon. The package says use for three nights and I'd get a month out of them because I didn't chew them to pieces like some folks must do. Just pour mouthwash over them or brush with a toothbrush.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I grind my teeth ... one in front has ground down quite a bit and I think I've worn down a couple in the back. I've had a lot of work done on my back teeth because of the grinding ... I've shattered teeth.

I do have a custom mouth guard (the off-the-shelf kind were too big for me) and wore it every night for the first 6 months I had it, then I began skipping nights and stopped when I had the first of 2 nose surgeries in mid-2020. I really need to wear it more again now that my nose is pretty much OK from the second surgery. I did wear it one night recently, and it was OK.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    📍Step 1.
    Imagine you are at the end of the year. Think of the one thing that you would like to be able to look back at, at the end of the year, and say 'I did that!'

☘️ Terri

3ou68297rpoz.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,681 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Lanette ~ So proud of your first chickee egg! :) I'm glad you are able to lure them back into their coop.

Machka ~ That is a pretty dress!

ETC ~ Egg looks very comfortable.

Annie ~ I hope you have a successful trip on the interstate and hope your dad gets the computer fixed or a new one.

Carol in Ga
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding weight loss goals, I measure it in weeks rather than weight quantity.

When I started on a mission to lose weight in 2015, I had 15 weeks from the time I started until we went to Canada. So I stuck to the plan, weighing and logging all my food in MFP, logging all my exercise in various places like I have done since April 29, 1990 and netting 1250 calories a day.

I didn't know how much I would lose and didn't pick a number. I just wanted to lose some. The first 10 days I lost nothing! But I was determined to stick with it for at least 5 weeks. By 5 weeks I had lost 5 kg and by 15 weeks I had lost 15 kg. Surprised me!

This time in early May I knew I had about 6 or 7 weeks till the conference so I cut back on what I ate, but didn't log and I exercised more and of course I did log that. I lost 4 kg in those weeks. That was all right. 😀

Now, I am not quite sure what to do. I would rather not cut back more food ... but I might have to.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Terri,
    Loved reading your journey. Each step you've taken is mindful, with intent, and that's really admirable!💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Went to the gym and did a body pump DVD then stopped at Dollar General but they didn’t have any towels. Then I saw a bunch of cars at 5 Below and since I’d never been in there, I thought they opened at 8 only they open at 9. It’s where all the stuff is in bins and you are to search thru the bins. I have no desire to do that. Also, everything is $1 today, so that’s why there were so many people. Then went to Hamricks because they have pet toys on sale, buy 1 get 2 free, only they didn’t have any cat toys, so I went to Gabes next door and they only had 4th of July towels so I went to Aldi, Now home and have the dentist at 12. Made chocolate bran muffins

Lisa – so glad you got good news from the tests

We’re supposed to go to this music bingo tonight. It’s going to be 50’s and 60’s music. One lady said that she’s sitting next to Vince because he’ll know all the 60’s songs….lol We’ll have dinner at the place, I’ll probably have fish. I’m going to look at the menu online first

Terri – awesome chart! I used to do something like that only I got bored with my weight always being in the same range

Off to the dentist now

Michele NC

Here, we have a place called Falling Prices that does the bins and changes prices each day of the week- They are an hour away for the closest one so we don't go often. Usually go on Wed $4day, Thursday is $2 I think. Friday is $1 and Sat. is .50. Such a mess and crazy on Sat. We went once and that was enough. Lots of overstock and returns from Amazon there. That is where I got the first box of my favorite Sweet and Spicy tea and also my sleep aid from Highlands- so sad they discontinued it. It worked so well.

Five Below is like a regular store but things are SUPPOSED to be $5 or less- we just got one in town and saw some stuff was $7.77. We did pick up some nice marker sets for $5. A friend bought a t-shirt that I wish I had seen when I was at the store- would have bought it for son. It is a Japanese tsunami and a bowl or ramen w/chop sticks. I will pick it up if they have it next time we are on that side of town. Would get one for dh if they had his size. Not sure if they run that big there or not.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 15min 51sec, 2.68ap, 108elev, 83ahr, 107mhr, 6.16mi= 694c
    Strava app= 755c
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Vicki - I'm a little worried about your swollen right foot. If it doesn't get better right away, please have it checked out. <3

Lanette