• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Machka: I can empathise with missing the exercise. I tend to get twitchy if I cant stay active.
    Barbie: Glad that you are enjoying the new car. DH and I are toying with getting electric for our next ones.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Why I cycle ... when I can cycle ...

5hmrai9q4f78.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Machka are you using a knee brace? That might help a bit. It must be aggravating to not be cycling and stair climbing. It's such a big part of your life!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,268 Member
    Options
    Sending sympathy about the knee, Machka.
    All the best,
    Heather UK xxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    Options
    Supposed to go to Riverfront park for concert tonight,here is hoping the thunderstorms stay away and the smoke does too.
    Going to get some things done today.
  • Machka9
    Options
    6n1o0am1lhtf.png

Thank you for your sympathies! :heart:

It's not the end of the world that I can't exercise right now, but I do get restless. :)

Plus I walk for transportation which has been more challenging.

Watching the Time Trial in the Tour de France right now. :)

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    Options
    Makes me smile every time I look at it. Not mine, I might add, it can be found here: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/jul/14/the-2023-comedy-pet-photography-awards-in-pictures

on36nmmzegho.png

• Machka9
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Machka are you using a knee brace? That might help a bit. It must be aggravating to not be cycling and stair climbing. It's such a big part of your life!

Annie in Delaware

I have several different knee braces and hate them all. They all feel like they're restricting some part of my knee and causing pain in different places. Most of them feel like they're dragging down my patella (knee cap) and I start feeling twinges of Patellofemoral pain syndrome.

I am supposed to be wearing one now, and may have found one that might be tolerable, but it has the least support.

If I could, would redesign knee braces ... and I have a pretty good idea how I would design them.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    I am at my highest weight ever! Before the pandemic I weighed 166 and now 174. Pip...Need your boot. Poor food choices and too much wine. Exercise is almost out of the question because I seem to injure some part of my body each time I try.
    Tomorrow is a new day and I pray that I will get back to learned habits from the past.

Carol in GA

:::::strapping on da boots:::::