WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Teri ~ Glad to hear from you. The challenge sounds interesting. Have a good day! :)

Kim ~ So glad you are enjoying the pool. Know that all the swimming is healthy and hope you make friends with the gals there.

Tracey ~ Cute photo of you and the girls.

Pip ~ Your camp site looks very homey.

Flea ~ Beautiful photo of the evening sky.

Carol in Ga
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It is county fair time here in Illinois. I’m looking forward to seeing it in the near future with my daughter & grandchildren. Humidity has been higher than I expected. I hope it will be cooler when we go.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Melissa ... Welcome!

Barbie ... so glad you got your red car!

Kelly ... hope you're feeling better ...

I have no idea what else I was going to comment on ... :p

Hope you all have a great week!

Beth near Buffalo
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    July 2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate the little things.
    Meditation: daily.16/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

Walking and exercising slowed down because of record heat this month. Emotionally and physically feeling better otherwise.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5989, 6411, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 143/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)58/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 12/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 26/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today. Missed posting this yesterday. So today I am looking forward to my therapy session.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Will do!
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground. Will meditate today to help me do this.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy. I really need to do this today. Did not do this. Had a bad day all around yesterday.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today. I will try.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture. Trying to see my son’s decisions through his eyes.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them. I did not do this.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation. My son is bonding with his uncle and grandmother.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”. I will try to remember to do this. Write them in my journal.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation. I worked on this. I also learned a breathing technique to help.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head. I do this every day, but the triple digit heat is preventing it.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step. I have to think about this.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts. Controlled breathing helped here.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today. I use tenacity often so expect to use it here.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter.
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did talk to Jerry. Of course, he’s going to take the cot. I don’t know if it registered with him that I don’t want the rolling eyes. Well, if it happens, I’ll just say “Jerry, stop it”. I’m sure he’ll say something to the effect of “I have this thing running in my mind” (I don’t know how many times he’s said that to me) and I plan to say “The only thing that should be in your mind right now is how uncomfortable sleeping was before you got the cot and our agreement.” But we shall see if it comes to that. I bet it will.

Katla – when is the fair? Have a great time when you go

Tracey – about the voice activated thing, it would have to be something that can withstand the weather since the gecko is outside. Oh well…. On another note: I have a frog that I bought. It’s solar so the eyes light up. We have it as if it’s looking at the gate. For some reason, the green frog turned a blue. So we have a blue frog. If anything, it’s something different. Great shirts. I like ones with a V-neck. So many t-shirts have the rounded neck

M – I have a table for my sewing machine that has a leaf that comes up and surrounds the machine.

Melissa – welcome! Of course it’s OK that you join! Come back often so we get to know more about you.

Going to go out and shuck the second bag of corn then cook it. It’s noon and Steve still isn’t up. Guess he’s having a good night.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Yes the cookies are humongous!🙃😂. I was thinking like a breakfast cookie.
    Today I think I will do a "mealless Monday" in Lisa's honor. So my next meal is noon Tuesday. For me being hungry isn't an emergency, I'm just resetting, and healing. When I open my eating window it will be a piece of turkey while I chop veggies for a salad. Then later on a serving of sauted zucchini, mushrooms and sweet onions all chopped with a T of butter and blobs of garlic paste and Italian herbs paste, then some pasta and 1/4 cup of my homemade sauce. I will end it with a cookie and black coffee.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Barbie--Love the color of your new car. Hope you have many years of travels.
    We got our car back last Wednesday and so happy. Did not care for either of the rentals we had. They did a good job and you can not tell where the repair was.
    Rebecca--What a nice thing you did for your young penpal.
    Welcome Jenny and Jenny and Melissa, This is a great group for support and friendship. Keep coming back.
    Tracey--Cute shirts and looks like a fun group.
    Flea--Beautiful sunset picture.
    Had a nice weekend. Yesterday we took one of our grandsons with us for the day. Did some geocaching and that was fun.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND ,NE <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back on MFP and feel like I'm more ready now than I have been in the past to develop a healthy lifestyle. I am 54 and hope it's OK that I follow this group. I need the support and encouragement of other women in my same stage of life!

SW 294
    CW 289.9
    GW - somewhere my knees don't hurt!! 😜

Melissa
    Southern Alabama 🥵🥵

welcome Melissa- this is a very supportive and talkative group.
    Jump in and join any of the conversations you want to.

Debbie
    Napa Valley CA
    (lived in Theodore,AL years ago)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Tracey - It's funny, when you said you were making shirts, I thought you were actually making proper shirts, which I thought was hugely ambitious!!! I think we would call your wonderful activity, printing T shirts. Nice T shirts and a lovely group. What fun! <3

Bea pick up tomorrow. Last one of the school year. We break up so late in England. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    Set my alarm for 7:30 for every day to start walking again. After setting it I got a call fro Ezie's mom- grandma will be taking her to swimming lessons then bring her here at 1 but leave her until 5(instead of 4) each day for the next two weeks.
    I could have walked later but I was awake so went out and walked the neighborhood for an hour. First time around here in a years.
    Glad I went when I did. It was warming up already by the time I got back. Wed. will be warmer.
    I plan on walking around here M,W, F to go with Zumba M and W. T andTH I will drive over to the wetlands and walk there for an hour and a half.. I really miss walking there.
    No word if they plan on having Ezie here just two days a week or if they will keep it the way it is for now and switch to 2 days when I want to.

More drama with MIL- wants to go into a home- thinks they will cater to her every wish. She thinks she can take the dog and they will take care of it for her and feed it. She is clueless on the cost- Looks like it will be about $5000 a month if she shares a room. She will not be able to cook any more and will have to eat what they make- not have someone bringing take out twice a day like dh is doing now.
    Talked him into not selling the house right away like she wants to do. She has enough money in the bank to last her a few years there along with FIL's pension (it will pay not quite half). We will have son move in over there so the house isn't empty. Plus, if she gets kicked out of the place, she will have a place to come back to as a last resort. I hope it happens so we can get a little time for us. The verbal abuse she puts dh through almost daily(a lot of times both times he goes over there each day) is not good for him and I am tired of dealing with him and his bad attitude because of it.

Need to go mow the back lawn before it gets much warmer and before Ezie gets here.

Have class tonight that I am looking forward to(have my fan in my car-not enough fans in that big room we use)

Have a wonderful Monday Ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA