WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Debbie - those cream puffs look great. Glad they are at your house and not sitting on my kitchen counter. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State - where some rain is expected tomorrow. Hope it doesn't poop out, lol.
    Lanette-
    They didn't stay at my house very long- Filled them this morning and put them in the freezer for an hour then took them right to church. Came home with an empty container(and I took all but 4 of the 6 dozen with me)
    I do have some of the filling left but not very much.
    Now I keep thinking of other flavors to try with all the seasonal fruit we have. Peach or raspberry or blueberry or black berry-so many that sound good to me.
    One of the guys at the table I was sitting at split one with his wife then went back up and got 3 more!!
    Next time I will make more and if I have room in the freezer, I can do them the day ahead and freeze them. They would be defrosting while we are in church.

Evie- the flowers are beautiful. The gift card to a place you like is better than something you will not use

Pip- if you were closer, I would gladly share- what flavor or flavors would you choose? Any other suggestions??

Kim- I would love to see fireflies too. I never saw them when I lived in Mobile. We just had fire ants and "no-see-um's"

Got a text from Ezie's mom.
    Looks like they will not be pulling her from daycare AND not only do I get her two days a week but she is changing her work schedule so I have her the two days I asked for. I will be making less than half of what I was but I am ok with that and dh is happy to not be loosing the tax write offs.

Dinner tonight for me was salmon, teriyaki tofu and a green salad. I will have a peach and a cup of sweet and spicy tea in a little bit.
    Dh ate pizza at his mom's and son is out with friends at a movie.
    He can have salmon, rice(I skipped the white sticky rice-not a fan of it unless it is covered with furikake) and the tofu when he gets home and dh can have some if he gets hungry later before going to bed.

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    congratulations Tracey.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Well my friends I think I have finally caught the creeping crud.Covid
    Low grade fever stuffy ,cough etc... will message my dr and see if I can get paxlovid.
    And the lady that was supposed to drive us up to the bus for our trip on Sunday has backed out.

Oh, Allie. Do you have a positive test? You said you "think." Paxlovid is contraindicated for people with severe kidney disease. If you do have it, be very careful. It is not to be given to someone with an eGFR of under 30.

Your cruise is next week?

Take care.

Felicia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I think I have mentioned I have been swimming, and I think I am stronger for it, and am getting close to ½ mile in about an hour or so…. I am stopping every 30 min for a 2-3 min breather….BUT I know I am not doing myself as much good as I could be as I get out of the pool, drink the better part of my 32 ounce water bottle, and then am STARVING and am making horrible choices. I stopped at the market on my way home today – swimming and this market are both on the other side of town. I bought and ate on the way home 610 calories of an ice cream treat! What the kitten was I thinking…. Today was the worse choice yet, but for some of you exercisers what do you do about the after exercise hunger? The protein bars are almost inedible in my mind the texture is to gloopy, gummy, sticky for my taste. And I do have a sweet tooth ( or maybe more than one – so sweet teeth)

Kim in N. California

Depends on what time it is.

If it's near lunch or dinner, I just have lunch or dinner.

If it's in between, I'll have a piece of bread with cheese (like one slice of bread and one slice of cheese) or a piece of fruit.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    1bvwo422x7o5.jpeg
    My birthday was on Friday and our son and his family brought me this lovely bouquet! And a gift card to Michaels, they are my enablers, lol!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Happy Birthday!!

• Machka9
    Options
    Ok well Paxlovid is out..i have a covid test that expired in March,ive tried all of them and I'll use the last one just for ha ha's
    No since all these ladies have me up for dinner and I haven't really had them down i booked a bus trip to Lake George for a champagne brunch cruise.. here is hoping i feel better by then.

Go get tested properly to find out what it is.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Rori: Such a great job! Taking your final comment literally!!! 😝

https://youtu.be/-dJolYw8tnk

Ginny: Phew! Close call. Glad you are taking precautionary measures.
    Lisa: Long may your mojo play 😂
    Rebecca: Great news about son.

Pg 55
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rhody on our most recent weekend away. :)

9s60p0mr8vz8.png

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Still agitating myself over this trip to see DH's daughter. :# I have gone back to the original plan of having three nights in Lyon. DH and I have decided on dates, so all I have to do is book the flights and train . ;) I hate pressing that button to commit. My perfectionism always kicks in and I have to get it 'right'. Unfortunately easyJet, the flight operator, makes it incredibly hard to change or cancel anything. It's a one-shot and that's it. I find it very scary.
    So, not going to do that today. Going to enjoy Edie who is coming for lunch and to paint her wooden boxes. :D The cleaner will be here, but I'm sure we can work around that.
    DH has cricket this week, but I think at least two days are a washout because of the rain forecast. He is going tomorrow, and in the evening I have my first visit to the 'Death Café'. It's an occasional meet up for people who like to talk about death in any aspect. Refreshments are available, but I'm no carb, so will eat beforehand. I'll have to leave something for DH. No idea what to expect, but it should be interesting!

Tracey - Crossing everything for your daughter. <3<3<3

I haven't worn a bra in years, but I am not well-endowed! I wear a tightish camisole, which keeps everything tidy. Plus Brighton and Hove is an 'anything goes' type of place.
    I don't wear short dresses often. My lower legs are not my best feature, so I need to wear full length black leggings with them. I can't go bare legged. White and blotchy, with lumpy ankles. :# I do wear maxi dresses occasionally. I loathe tights (panty hose) with a huge loathing, and haven't worn them for many years. I do, on the cruise only, wear hold up stockings with a lace top for formal nights. They are bearable in large. I hate not being comfortable and bras drive me crazy!

The good news is that my low simple carbs regime has resulted in me losing a couple of pounds. That is without tracking . I am also getting a better grip on the alcohol. I am encouraged to continue.

Kim - I am the same as you as regards blood sugar. Hypoglycaemia. If I am going to swim like that I would need to eat something beforehand, like a banana, and eat cheese or something straight afterwards. I cannot allow myself to go low on blood sugar or it's a disaster. At home we have breakfast before our gym session, and on the cruise I always had half a large banana. Low blood sugar ruins the whole of the rest of the day for me. I have had to train friends and family to understand my problem as they have no idea how it feels. I have to eat at scheduled intervals, no exceptions. Protein is your friend and you could eat some before your swim.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    z078yom6lbwr.jpg
    And here ya go.. stupid me .. in and out of drs appointment ,labs,xrays etc...
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Allie - Take care of yourself!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Evie happy birthday!

Kim, I eat a yogurt (mostly) when I am extra hungry. It was hard at first, but the hunger diminished after a few days of harder biking. It would be a good time to double check calorie counts and see if you need more.

Annie in Delaware