WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    z078yom6lbwr.jpg
    And here ya go.. stupid me .. in and out of drs appointment ,labs,xrays etc...

If you have COVID, you should probably plan to stay home with NO contact with others for at least a week ... possibly more.

Do you have COVID at home or telehealth services where you are?

M in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Oh, Allie. You should call your doctor immediately, if you haven't already. So sad for you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Hidee ho from the ER.. drs office to busy,she thought I would need bloodwork..
    No
    They giving me a anti viral and sending me home.. which is a beautiful thing
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Allie hope you feel better soon! Take care!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    1bvwo422x7o5.jpeg
    My birthday was on Friday and our son and his family brought me this lovely bouquet! And a gift card to Michaels, they are my enablers, lol!

Lisa, I’m so glad to hear you have more energy and are feeling better in general after your procedure. I hope it continues!
    Rori, your job just sounds wonderful! The variety of events would definitely keep boredom from setting in!
    Kim, I’m in shock that your mom would even suggest her moving in with you! And $300 a month?? Yikes!!
    Michele, I didn’t realize PJ was almost 4 already! Hope Denise gets back to you about a date for you to go up there. Have you suggested that you and Vince could look after PJ while her and Pete go to his grandmothers house?
    Rebecca, I have to comment on an old comment of yours, something about being the weirdo in the group. That may be true, but you are our weirdo and we love you just the way you are!
    Lanette, loving the chicken stories and pics! So nice that at least one of them has started laying!

Once again, I’m sure there are many other posts I wanted to comment on, but memory fails yet again! Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any new gals!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Your token weirdo. I like that! A post I will gladly take up, wear proudly, sticking it directly on my forehead!😁🤗. Love ya!
    Well today its rainy, and gray out. My nose told me before I even glanced outside. I don't need no weatherman! My sinus-odometer works fine with any climate change.🙄
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Up early to finish the cream puffs for the potluck at church today.
    6 dozen filled and in the freezer to chill for an hour before heading to church.
    First potluck I have been to in a long time
    2kqhwkhbcr4i.png

Four flavors to choose from- lemon, mango, pineapple and chocolate.
    Also made a gallon of unsweetened iced tea. Usually they have water or sweet drinks(lemonade, punch, sweet tea)

Will bake salmon tonight-was going to last night but son went out with his friends from elementary school(LOVED hearing the four boys in the room laughing again. One is on leave from the Navy after being stationed in Japan.Known these boys since son was in kindergarten or first grade.) and dh ate at his mom's.
    Will make rice(dh has to have his Japanese sticky rice) and some veggies- tons of fruit to choose from- cherries, peaches,grapes, melon, tangerines, bananas and apples.

Having my tea now before getting dressed. Glad I got up when I did so I am not rushed.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

I want some

Me too!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ Your flowers are always so pretty! :)
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, Happy belated Birthday to you! The flowers are gorgeous!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Today is Monday, you know what day that is?!! Its mealless Monday! So my eating window opens up tomorrow at noon. A day to not fix meals, kitchen is only to get black coffee and water from. Hopefully I won't be fixing too much for husband. I am just a line cook if I do. Not my time.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, Besides trying other protein bars, how about cheese or peanut butter. Sugary treats just fool your body into thinking they are helping. I see others have already made excellent suggestions. I am a fan of string cheese, apples, and Isagenix bars.

:) I avoid listening to or reading any news at all. The world will be neither improved nor worsened by my knowing or not knowing what is going on. I need to protect my own sanity and stress level in any way that I can.

:'(Barbara, I am sad to hear about fires in your beautiful part of the world. I love all those trees.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! <3

Evie
    - happy belated Birthday. <3 Lovely flowers. Interesting about Cardone - I agree, I get rid of/ block negativity whenever and wherever I can. Like Lisa - don't watch local or network news, get the weather report from the internet and local news from the online newspaper - even that isn't worth reading very often so I check the obits, lol. Best part - it's all free. :)

Kim - an idea for something when you finish swimming (way to go!!) and are famished - I am hooked on those Oikos Triple Zero yogurt cups. 90 calories each, 15 grams of protein, sweetened with Stevia. Of course the finishing decadent touch, for me, is a little squirt of Reddi Whip - I haven't found any sugar free so I go for the original. Only 1 gram of sugar so I don't fret. Maybe if you have a little cooler you could take one or two of these little cups along? (Again, thanks to Katiebug).

Carol - I am so sorry your knee is now bugging you and getting a replacement is hard because of your DH's own problems. Are there visiting physical therapists or nurses that could come to the house? I think about challenges with recovery from surgeries too since I have no one in the house to lean on. Right now I know Roger's wife would be glad to help me. In a year or two? I try not to worry about what may or may not come down the pike. Things have always worked out.

Margaret - thank you for sharing that bouquet of flowers from your garden. And the vase is exquisite. <3

Heather - those boxes are adorable. What nice keepsakes or gifts. I see similar for sale at craft shows.

Flea - glad to see you popping in. Glad you had some time off and sorry your mom's estate is still wearisome. Sending you energy!

Rebecca - great news about your son being in Japan and your housing settled. Happy for you! Loved your food "stash" in your cupboards, by the way. We share a lot of the same tastes. :)

Rita - it's humid, cool and light rain falling right now (Hooray-we needed it.) But, my house really smells like dog. And I'm sure it's a source of my allergies too. If my budget can take the hit, I need to look at getting the carpeting replaced next year. I'm torn - while there's nice laminate and wood flooring available, there's also the warmth that carpeting brings to floors and the fact that it dampens noise. I have time to investigate all of this.

Machka - don't you have an MRI for your knee coming up shortly? Glad you could get some riding in.

Allie - glad you went and had your "cold" checked out. Hope the meds get you feeling better fast.

Getting ready to make "hamburger steaks". I found an old package of frozen ground beef in the freezer that I'll spruce up with egg, breadcrumbs, and some spices.

Have a fabulous Monday!

Lanette <3
    SW WA State