WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ What a month you have had! Much sympathy for you and all that is going on.

Pip ~ WOW! What a beautiful new camper.

Ginny ~ So sad about the school bus accident! Hoping that you and the others do not have Covid as a result of exposure.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Pip- WOW- that is amazing
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Pip, NICE!!
    Kim, sorry you’ve had such a rough August! Happy belated birthday! I turned 65 in July!
    Lisa, so nice to see Kelsey and the kids looking so happy!
    Tracy, great tees!

The memory has failed…..sorry to those I’ve missed😔
    I’ve been tracking and hitting the gym for just over a week now and, surprise !, I’ve lost 1.2 pounds. Amazing how that works, smh!
    Grandkids the next two days, last week they were a challenge, hoping this week will be better. Grandson has his own mind and doesn’t like playing by the rules, which frustrates me immensely. He’s seven, going on thirteen!

Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the new gals!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Rebecca gratitude for Owain’s call is flooding my heart. Rejoicing he’s safe (and repentant).
    Heather Thanks for your insight and for sharing your honest replies to Edie’s and Bea’s questions.
    Lisa :love: the happy in Hawaii pic.
    Kay Think I’ll pass on Contexto, but may try Phrazle and give Connections another try.
    Cynthia your joy in your new trike shines through!
    Allie hope the card comes through quickly and you can get some relief. Easier on your innards than Tylenol to be sure.
    Kim ((hugs)). For you and for Levi.
    Ginny SMH at your SS’s attitude. Even if COVID is “just like the flu” doesn’t he understand how bad that could be for you? SMH
    Betsy ((hugs held extra long))
    Vicki praying your doctor can find out what’s causing your pain and resolve it quickly.
    Pip WOW that’s quite a BIG change ;)
    There were more I wanted to respond to but … falling asleep.
    Gardening: I love to look at seed catalogs but lose interest in weeding and watering about this time of the year. Grew a bumper crop of red romaine from a six pack bought at the master gardener’s sale, shared lots with T before it bolted. Also got some snow peas, all from pots. Didn’t plant anything in the side yard this year. Joe is keeping the dwarf fruit trees alive with the water from the puppy pool and dog’s water buckets.
    Today’s gratitude: electricity and internet, unlike our neighbors to the south in Smith River and Crescent City where the power company de-energized the lines because of the Smith River Complex fires.
    08/21: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, line dance class, A-D walking. Steps:8535
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=7 CI<CO net=491
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, library, post office, Dollar Tree, drop in on DS. Wt:130.2
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. August: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,440 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Welllll, we did it, our new purchase
    02yuh73f71d0.jpeg
    5j76a0gux2mr.jpeg
    26a52h2xt290.jpeg
    qj5nbwoz8uah.jpeg
    klasoa7vlkqs.jpeg
    0jj7p3nesx87.jpeg

That’s brilliant. And a slide out as well. Looks so spacious.

We’re up early ready to go do the weekly grocery shopping. Just popped in to say good morning.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,218 Member
    Options
    Pip - Wow, fancy! :D<3

I think next year I might try growing some 'cut and come again' salad mix in a big pot we have. Can fill the bottom with cardboard etc and then some home compost, them won't have to buy much commercial compost for the top layer. It's the one thing we are always running out of. A smaller pot for rocket, (arugula) one of my favourite things. We have a 12 night cruise in April next year, so could sow just before we leave and hope for rain. We don't have rabbits round here, or deer, so they should be safe enough. Worth trying, and if it doesn't work, not a lot lost. Next to the house we only get the sun in the mid afternoon, so it's a good spot for salads.

French Circle in the park this morning. I actually had a shower this morning, having been encouraged by seeing the girls. I prefer baths because I can put Oilatum in it, and that avoids the 'ants' in my legs coming on after a shower. It's horrible! Today I smothered my lower legs in thick hand cream, and that seems to have worked! :D I've had this problem with 'ants' since university. Hate showers.
    This afternoon it's Edie and Max. I'm going to have a Little Women session with her. I said 'We can do acting the parts.' She said, 'No, you can act the parts, I'm not going to.' :p Max is going to try out DH'S solution to the pentagon problem. He explained it to me this morning. I nodded.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Ants?
  • Machka9
    Options
    So tired today.

Was up a bit late last night getting things done, then woke up at 6:30 am.

When I wake up then, it's often hard for me to drop off again and sleep deeply till 7:30 am.

However I do stay in bed and try to relax. No way am I about to get up! But it leaves me tired all day.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    The 'ants' in my shins , Machka, feel like a swarm of ants on my shins, biting me with little stabs. It drives me crazy. Hence I avoid showers. Recently I have had some success with oiling or creaming them beforehand and today it worked!

Kate UK - Welcome back! I've missed you! <3 Sorry to hear about your husband's ill health. Getting old sucks. It sounds as if you are ready to get a grip on your own health, which is all we can do. Sending hugs. <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,440 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Ginny - I chatted for about an hour and a half in French. :D I make loads of mistakes and have to ask for words I've forgotten, but I shamelessly soldier on. Most of the group are not perfect either, but the French woman who runs it is very sweet and helpful. The café nearby makes decent coffee and wholesome food. I spoke with my new friend Rose, another person I didn't know, and a man who is just about to set off to Ireland on a trad music MA. :p I was pleased to find shade to sit in as it's hot and sunny today.
    A stranger asked me about the group, so I told her how to find it on the Internet.

Kim - what a lot of challenges!! Roll on a new season!. <3

Grandchildren arriving soon.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up and going to get a mani/ pedi soon.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Australia's only honey sommelier Jessica Locarnini on appreciating local flavours
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-21/australia-only-honey-sommelier-jessica-locarnini-local-flavours/102753258

What does honey taste like? That's the question Australia's only honey sommelier likes to ask people as she travels the country.

"Most people will say 'sweet', or 'like toffee', or 'caramel'," Jessica Locarnini said.

"The answer should be: Which honey?

"Because the flavours are so different. They've got anything from warm flavours, fresh flavours, floral flavours, fruit flavours, woody and everything in between."

Ours tastes like Stringy Bark. :)

M in Oz