If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• genellenellie
    Options
    Why would you say wheat belly is ranked in twilight? Research has been done by this doctor and I can say personally along with other friends and family members....getting rid of wheat works! I have so much more energy and my joints do not ache and I have also lost 10lbs in 4weeks!

Were you eating at a deficit...or did you eat the same amount just minus the wheat/gluten stuff?

I am not eating in a deficit...I have just got rid of all bread, flour, pasta. I don't even really exercise. I have a an active job and this is the only calorie burn I get.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Why would you say wheat belly is ranked in twilight? Research has been done by this doctor and I can say personally along with other friends and family members....getting rid of wheat works! I have so much more energy and my joints do not ache and I have also lost 10lbs in 4weeks!

Were you eating at a deficit...or did you eat the same amount just minus the wheat/gluten stuff?

I am not eating in a deficit...I have just got rid of all bread, flour, pasta. I don't even really exercise. I have a an active job and this is the only calorie burn I get.

Do you track your food?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is the single, most researched food additive ever - there are not any credible studies proving it is dangerous. The closest you'll get are rat studies where equivalent dosage would be near 50 cans of diet soda in 24 hours.
  • genellenellie
    Options

Do you track your food?

Not really...I do eat a breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner. But when I do eat it is only when I am hungry and it is wheat free. By doing eliminating wheat I do not crave and feel full faster.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    There is so much crap in a lot of things we eat and this crap causes SO MANY health issues. I recently read a book called "Wheat Belly". Its a real eye opener as far as how wheat has been genetically altered over the years and one of the MANY things it causes is for your appetite to be out of control. Along with wheat/flour/gluten it causes IBS, allergies, diabetes, joint pain, skin issues, intestinal problems, acid reflux, high blood pressure, etc......... I highly recommend this book. Try going wheat/gluten free for a month and see how you feel.

Effing wheat belly. That book ranks somewhere around Twilight on the "books I wish had never been written" scale.

It's so sad that people are so rude here. I think gluten and highly processed foods cause people a lot of problems. Good luck to you!

I think lots of things, doesn't make them true or worth sharing.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There is so much crap in a lot of things we eat and this crap causes SO MANY health issues. I recently read a book called "Wheat Belly". Its a real eye opener as far as how wheat has been genetically altered over the years and one of the MANY things it causes is for your appetite to be out of control. Along with wheat/flour/gluten it causes IBS, allergies, diabetes, joint pain, skin issues, intestinal problems, acid reflux, high blood pressure, etc......... I highly recommend this book. Try going wheat/gluten free for a month and see how you feel.

Effing wheat belly. That book ranks somewhere around Twilight on the "books I wish had never been written" scale.

It's so sad that people are so rude here. I think gluten and highly processed foods cause people a lot of problems. Good luck to you!

What does gluten have to do with processed food? Gluten is a natural protein found in wheat. Gluten is as natural as natural gets.
  • genellenellie
    Options

I TOTALLY AGREE! There is no need to be rude and there is a lot of people that benefit from this and a lot of people don't know. So if I can help one person with a health issue its worth posting.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Do you track your food?

Not really...I do eat a breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner. But when I do eat it is only when I am hungry and it is wheat free. By doing eliminating wheat I do not crave and feel full faster.

That's great. And I'm not saying that isn't possible. But we really don't know if you are eating the same intake as before. Chances are, you aren't.
    If its working for you and it's sustainable, fantastic! It just doesn't mean that gluten/wheat is bad.
  • Achrya
    Options

Because twilight and wheat belly both made me question all I believe about the intelligence and gullibility of the average human being. But in Wheat Belly' s defense there was only the one book, which is an upside.
  • magerum
    Options

A natural protein strain found in wheat has what to do with processed foods? :huh:
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • Achrya
    Options

I TOTALLY AGREE! There is no need to be rude and there is a lot of people that benefit from this and a lot of people don't know. So if I can help one person with a health issue its worth posting.

I sincerely hope people with legitimate health issues are consulting doctors and not just deciding based on someone's internet testimonial (an evidence devoid testimony at that) or a for profit book.
  • genellenellie
    Options

What does gluten have to do with processed food? Gluten is a natural protein found in wheat. Gluten is as natural as natural gets.

YES...it is natural but they genetically altered it over the years and our bodies can't handle it. This all started about 30 or so years ago and look at the obesity rate since then! Diabetes has sky rocketed! All cause of the so called "whole grain wheat is good for you". Take a look at your ancestors pictures and there is pretty much NO one overweight!
  • magerum
    Options
    6% of the 7 billion people on earth have a gluten sensitivity. They all seem to be on MFP
  • magerum
    Options

YES...it is natural but they genetically altered it over the years and our bodies can't handle it. This all started about 30 or so years ago and look at the obesity rate since then! Diabetes has sky rocketed! All cause of the so called "whole grain wheat is good for you". Take a look at your ancestors pictures and there is pretty much NO one overweight!
    :noway:
    LOLWUT?!

The first evidence of a calorically important domesticated crop I'm aware of was about 11,500 years ago in the fertile crescent. They were cultivating an early ancestor of wheat called emmer. Other grains popped up independently in what is now China (rice; ~10,000 years ago), and central America (corn; ~9,000 years ago).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    6% of the 7 billion people on earth have a gluten sensitivity. They all seem to be on MFP

Amazing!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I had a can of Diet Coke tonight. It was yum.
  • genellenellie
    Options

I sincerely hope people with legitimate health issues are consulting doctors and not just deciding based on someone's internet testimonial (an evidence devoid testimony at that) or a for profit book.

I have nothing to do with in profiting on this book. I am just interested concerned reader that happened to have this book recommend by a family member. AND...yes, always talk with your doctor, but eating all natural, unprocessed food is not bad for you.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Amazing!

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/5-signs-your-gluten-allergy-is-fake-2/
  • whooter
    Options
    A KILLER IN YOUR FRIDGE... devil

SWEET POISON..A MUST READ !!! indifferent

This is where I stopped reading.
This discussion has been closed.