If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't cause diabetes or obesity...
    Too many calories cause obesity. Sugar has calories. Thus too much sugar causes obesity. Aspartame has no calories. Ergo, replacing sugar with aspartame decreases obesity.

See how I did that?

Well played.

(This is called satire, ladies and gentlemen.)

Thanks, jonnythan. What would we do without your confirmation of what's good and bad?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Too many calories cause obesity. Sugar has calories. Thus too much sugar causes obesity. Aspartame has no calories. Ergo, replacing sugar with aspartame decreases obesity.

See how I did that?

Well played.

Thanks, jonnythan. What would we do without your confirmation of what's good and bad?

Put our kids at risk of debilitating or deadly disease because we rather listen to actresses than doctors, apparently.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

Well played.

Put our kids at risk of debilitating or deadly disease because we rather listen to actresses than doctors, apparently.

friday-damn.gif

That's cold. True. But cold.
  • earthymom
    Options

See how I did that?

Well played.

Who said anything about actresses? I researched. On my own. I don't even watch TV. You should try it.

I just noticed you have early 5,000 posts. I guess you've got a lot of time on your hands? Perhaps because you're generally not tolerable to people in person? I can't imagine why. As are your 'pals' who also have thousands of posts on here to bash any possibility of a free-thinker. Not my kind of place. Peace, and good luck on your weight loss.
  • xsix
    xsix Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Aspetame is horrible I am still pissed that it was ever released to public to begin with.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1665

However, in 1985, due to the conversion of aspartame to formaldehyde (even while stored in the can or bottle), the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA) recommended to the FDA that “aspartame NOT be approved for use by people in soda.” Aspartame is lost at higher storage temperatures (especially above 86 degrees), causing an increase in the amount of formaldehyde in the beverage. An increased presence of formaldehyde in the body has been found to cause negative side effects such as “headaches, joint pain, memory loss, numbness, tinnitus, hearing loss, vision problems, weight gain, rashes, seizures, fatigue, muscle spasms or dizziness, asthma or chest tightness.”

This human body is 98.6 degrees do you get whats going on when you use it? People consume Aspertame on a daily basis, please do not blow off any stories about the negative impact of Aspertame on the human body. It does lots of bad things and while this story may be a little much........ the truth of the matter is that is not really fit for human consumption and should of never of been aproved by the FDA!
  • jonnythan
    Options

See how I did that?

Well played.

Who said anything about actresses? I researched. On my own. I don't even watch TV. You should try it.

I just noticed you have early 5,000 posts. I guess you've got a lot of time on your hands? Perhaps because you're generally not tolerable to people in person? I can't imagine why. As are your 'pals' who also have thousands of posts on here to bash any possibility of a free-thinker. Not my kind of place. Peace, and good luck on your weight loss.

1) Not sure you really know what "research" means.

2) When you run out of logic, insult the other person. Always works.

3) I'm trying to gain weight, not lose weight. But thanks!
  • earthymom
    Options
    Aspetame is horrible I am still pissed that it was ever released to public to begin with.

However, in 1985, due to the conversion of aspartame to formaldehyde (even while stored in the can or bottle), the National Soft Drink Association (NSDA) recommended to the FDA that “aspartame NOT be approved for use by people in soda.” Aspartame is lost at higher storage temperatures (especially above 86 degrees), causing an increase in the amount of formaldehyde in the beverage. An increased presence of formaldehyde in the body has been found to cause negative side effects such as “headaches, joint pain, memory loss, numbness, tinnitus, hearing loss, vision problems, weight gain, rashes, seizures, fatigue, muscle spasms or dizziness, asthma or chest tightness.”

This human body is 98.6 degrees do you get whats going on when you use it? People consume Aspertame on a daily basis, please do not blow off any stories about the negative impact of Aspertame on the human body. It does lots of bad things and while this story may be a little much........ the truth of the matter is that is not really fit for human consumption and should of never of been aproved by the FDA!

I agree with you, but brace yourself for some alien, harsh criticism. It's a tough crowd.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    getting more appropriate by the minute

366fmi.jpg
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    MFP could start up their own farm with all the manure they harvest in these threads.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

Well played.

April 2011-September 2013= 880 days roughly. 4942/880=...Not even 6 posts a day.

Yep. Look at all that free time.
  • earthymom
    Options

366fmi.jpg

Says the self-proclaimed "general bad *kitten*".......
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

366fmi.jpg

Coming from the self-proclaimed "general bad *kitten*".......

That's Dr. General Bad *kitten*, actually. Go vaccinate your kids.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

I read your link. Amusingly, the only reputable sources it lists (CDC, IFIC, and perhaps the ACSH) are all saying that Aspartame is safe. Everything it says against aspartame links to the usual mumbo jumbo conspiracy sites.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I read your link. Amusingly, the only reputable sources it lists (CDC, IFIC, and perhaps the ACSH) are all saying that Aspartame is safe. Everything it says against aspartame links to the usual mumbo jumbo conspiracy sites.

Well it's no secret that aspartame leads to formaldehyde content. When aspartame is digested, it is broken down into a pair of amino acids and methanol. Methanol digestion in the body leads to formaldehyde and formic acid, which is a quick process. Formic acid itself is toxic and tends to stick around relatively long.

Sounds scary right?

Well here's the kicker. The methanol present/produced by a can of soda is significantly less than a similar amount of fruit juice or beer.

On top of that, formaldehyde is routinely produced by our cells. Methanol is required by our bodies for several processes, including DNA replication. This methanol is metabolised into formaldehyde the same was as the methanol we get from digesting aspartame.

The bottom line is that the methanol, formaldehyde, and formic acid that result from ingesting aspartame is not only dwarfed by the amount naturally produced by our bodies, but it's also less than that we get from drinking a glass of OJ.

In other words, if you have a problem with aspartame because of methanol or formaldehyde, then you also have a problem with drinking orange juice. And you also have a major problem with, well, existing.
  • jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree. I read the Snopes rebuttal, but I wonder if we can actually trust the feds to tell us the truth...That would be the rub here. I cannot believe that any of these chemicals are actually not harmful. I say it again. Water is the best. Now...which water?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I agree. I read the Snopes rebuttal, but I wonder if we can actually trust the feds to tell us the truth...That would be the rub here. I cannot believe that any of these chemicals are actually not harmful. I say it again. Water is the best. Now...which water?

The feds? You can read the original research. There's a ton of it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

So what you're saying is that it wouldn't matter what research or evidence you were presented with, you still wouldn't believe that they aren't harmful?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Don't listen to jonnythan. He's just a little angry right now. And just a TAD one-sided.

I think it's great that you're wondering and thinking and making your own conclusions. Water is best, and yes, good question..... Which one?

Telling someone they have the option to read the original research to better make up their own mind is biased and makes him angry? :huh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

Don't listen to jonnythan. He's just a little angry right now. And just a TAD one-sided.

I think it's great that you're wondering and thinking and making your own conclusions. Water is best, and yes, good question..... Which one?

Sometimes reality is one-sided. The sun never rises in the west, there are no aliens abducting people, Armstrong and Aldrin did walk on the moon in 1969, AIDS wasn't created by the government as a weapon, and aspartame is not a deadly poison.
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    OMFG I'm dead.

I didn't read it. Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.