Tips for College

Options
Hello! I’m just starting college and along with that starting to better myself and lose weight by trying to eat better and work out often. It’s been going well so far, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding eating healthy (especially with dining halls surrounding me), exercising, or just living a healthy lifestyle in college!

Replies

• Farnorthfarmer
    Farnorthfarmer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Make use of the facilities if they are available! Try to plan a workout into your class schedule.

As for dinning hall, plan out your meal before hand and stick to it or pack your own meals if you are allowed.

Have a cheat day will help avoid super cravings. Use this day for any get together or social drinking but still recording it. Yes you might be over but a day once a week or every other week will still keep you on track.

Best of luck with your studies.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I would agree with @Farnorthfarmer. Planning ahead is going to be key.

Try to make as many meals as you can yourself. You can do something as easy as instant oatmeal in your dorm room for very little calories (I have Low Sugar Quaker Oatmeal, blueberries and a cup of coffee for like 175 calories each morning). Make your own sandwiches for lunch so you know how many calories are in them (sliced meats, tuna fish, whatever you like). Have lots of low calorie snacks available (fruit, nuts, cheese, veggies). Like stated above, give your self that one night a week where you have some pizza with your friends (have SOME pizza, not a WHOLE pizza ;) ).

Planning ahead will be key so you don't get put on the spot to make a decision you'll regret. It can be done it'll just take a little practice and planning. Once you get into a routine it'll be a lot easier to manage.

Good luck!