5gkfxoz2tnxr.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    Options
    5mak1rs813vm.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Allie – we have the kind of Roomba that goes back to the base when it is full and empties itself. I like using it, especially when we were at 4 cats. There was always litter around the house. Even tho we have a mat outside the litterbox, some still clings to the fur.

For some reason the cleaning solution isn’t coming out of our Swiffer. The batteries are good and we have a new bottle of fluid. Also tried putting a pin into the sprayer nozzle on the front in case it was clogged, still doesn’t work. Vince is working on something inside the Swiffer hoping to get it to work. I can’t believe it’s defective since it worked fine when we first got it. He says it’s leaking on the inside.

Vince made the “perch” for the toucan. I’m wondering if we should spray paint it brown? I don’t know if the white will stand out when we put it out. Guess we’ll find out next year. We have this “holder” for the wasp traps out by the pool. Vince made them out of PVC pipe (I swear we should own stock in the company that makes PVC pipe!) and we spray painted them brown to blend in with the fence.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    Went to church- ran 45 min late- guest pastor(thought we would get out on time beings it was a guest. Regular pastor tends to run 20-30 min over). Came home and got dh and headed up to do a merchandising job then some shopping.
    Job was simple, they didn't have any back stock for me to inventory and he had just set up the display today so nothing messed up.
    Went across the street to Lucky's- found the best deal in a long time on chicken- $5 each when you buy 5(most regularly cost $8-$9 each) THEN, each of them had $4OFF(close to pull date and they had a ton). We bought 10 packs( about a pound each give or take). boneless skinless breasts, wings, tenders and boneless skinless thighs. so, 10 packs for $10. Got steak for dh which were on sale but still ended up being half our total bill but that is ok. Got some veggies on sale for .97 lb(baby carrots, red bell peppers, broccoli crowns, etc) . Shrimp was $3.98 a pound for the two pound bag. 99cents for 1 pound chubs of ground turkey-(for the cats)A few other things.
    Came home and started cooking. Turkey cooked, divided up and in the freezer. Chicken all repackaged into Ziplock bags so they don't take up so much room. Shrimp cooked for dinner along with the steak.

Heading up to do two other jobs tomorrow near mom so we will stop in and see her for a quick visit. Have to be back in time for dh to go to his mom's, me to go to class, but also to beat the traffic.
    A quick visit is better than no visit.
    She was going to a memorial service for a friend of her's today. The lady was just 59- Got covid twice over the summer, in the hospital a total of 7 weeks but didn't make it- it effected her lungs and she couldn't beat it.

Now to go catch up here while I have some of my Sweet and Spicy herbal tea.
    Didn't realize how late it was.
    Haven't even turned the tv on this afternoon.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,317 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :) One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn in life is about acceptance. I have to accept things the way they are and stop praying/wishing/demanding that they be different. Many of us have situations like that right now. Mine is the puppy who needs to be taken out at two very inconvenient times in the middle of the night and has to be watched all the time for her safety and for the safety of the house. Once I was able to say, "this is my life even though it is inconvenient" things got better. As long as I try to hold on to my old ideas of how things should be, I'll have no peace.

:)MIchele, the toucan is beautiful.

:)Lanette, great plan with the rugs on your porch. Yesterday our neighbor brought us two big bags of maple leaves that she raked from under her tree. Jake uses them to discourage weeds in the raised beds.

:) We filled out our ballots yesterday and will drop them off today.

<3 Barbie in NW WA