WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,024 Member
    Options
    Machka - You look so serene in that picture. Glad you have the time and energy for the long rides that make you so happy.

Later, y'all,
    Hope it's a good weekend for everyone...
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

That might also be the double scoop ice cream I had just eaten. :)

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I feel more ready to deal with this tooth issue. Lisa, thanks for bringing to focus the time I have to decide what I want to do. I'll have the extraction tomorrow and have time while the area heals. Ginny, the estimate of an implant from my dentist was $4300. That doesn't include the $390 for the extraction tomorrow. I'm in a better frame of mind taking this one step at a time. Lanette, how sweet you will one day have the neighbor you really liked back in your life. I've outlived six of my neighbors and I told the couple next door they aren't allowed to die or move. They cracked up. They are the best neighbors and are leaving tomorrow for Arizona for six months. I watch their house while they are gone. I am thinking they will move in the next few years because they both get so cold here in the winter.

Tracey hope the surgery goes well.

Joy, your floor looks amazing... I love the grains showing.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Betsy in NW WA
  • teklawa1
    Options
    Annie, our posts crossed each other and I had to go back and find yours. Wonderful you had an informative meeting about your Mom's future care. Glad you have time to access going forward. Such a convoluted time when roles get reversed. I watch how you deal with the challenges and I admire you very much.

Betsy in NW WA
  • teklawa1
    Options
    Lanette, that chicken pizza.... Please come cook!

Betsy in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    Lanette Thank you for sharing information on MMC. My DH suffers from awful gas (along with those of us around him). Maybe I can get him to stop snacking for 3 hours at a time.
    Lisa Thank you for the insight on exercising. I am currently concentrating on stretching. Main focus being hips and IT bands. Still using tennis ball on wall too. One more week until I am back at masseuse!
    Rosemarie HUGS!!! I too am happy you are seeking help.
    Allie Well done and adorable.
    Beth <3 your encouraging words to Betsy.
    Betsy HUGS!!! Remember we are here for you too. One of the amazing things about this group is that someone has most likely experienced what is happening in our lives. Knowing we aren't totally alone helps.
    Carol Getting those little things done is amazing. It feels wonderful!
    Lanette We have had the smart meter for a year and if anything our bill seems to stay more level.
    Allie I am proud of you! That is quite the accomplishment. Like Heather I tend to just get mad at electronics.
    Barbie Annie is beautiful
    Annie I too think you are doing well with everything on your plate. A cup of tea sounds like a good choice.
    UTIS i got them lots when younger. Then my dr put me on a profilactic antibiotic for a year. Have only had a couple since my 30's. I will keep D Mannose in mind though.

I am going to post this then write another.

Love,
    Kylia in sunny but chilly Ohio
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,899 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate the ladies on MFP, they are so caring and understanding and have much empathy. They have helped me deal with problems that I thought were insurmountable.
    Meditation: daily. 20/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 20/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 69 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, 7203, 7906,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 216/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1) My mom called me for a change.
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)74/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 19/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 44/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust. did not do this.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently. I have accomplished coloring pages, making doctor appointments, calming my nerves by taking some actions I never tried before, and more.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. This is hard for me.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. With everything going on around me and in me this will be hard, but I will pay attention to good news.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing. The obstacles I have cannot be solved by me, but by family members.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation. I will have to think on this. I posted pictures of the eclipse that happened here on the Friends Group FB page, and sent some pics to my son and grandson.
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted. I got up in a thankful mood today so I should be able to do this. The eclipse yesterday couldn’t have gone better.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting. I will color, walk, and meditate-all things that are fun and uplifting to me.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society. Teaching adults computer use provides a positive change in my community.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead. My biggest hope for the near future is a holiday without depression and ‘drama’ caused by my family.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future. I think my tenacity will always be helpful to me and others.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time. This will have to wait as I am not feeling too good today. Fall cold.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you. I have been working on this, so this will be in progress for a while. Because I did this, my mother finally called me to see what was up after 3 weeks of missed calls from me.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague. Will do here in spoiler because of size. I really need to figure out why the iPad won’t let me size these things!

23. pabxqe05q8q2.jpeggrgoz9xl9lm2.jpeg

4negwmdc4rdt.jpeg
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.

RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.