Goal weightloss 75lb - struggling to start

Hi, I’m a 42yr old who just keeps gaining weight… I’d love some friends on here to keep me on the app and tracking. I can’t do it on my own. I’ve been overweight for 15ish years, with an upcoming wedding.. 2 small kids and my health to consider I really want to take control and succeed at this, thank you

Replies

• DayDreams1996
    DayDreams1996 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! My name is Dreamer, nice to meet you! This is a great platform to be able to get to know and meet people around the world. Such a nice community and uprooting. You can message me anytime, I check mine regularly. Nice to meet you!
  • MamaBear5445
    MamaBear5445 Posts: 61 Member
    Join an accountability forum (such as October 2023 Weight Loss Challenge).
  • hermia181962
    hermia181962 Posts: 6 Member
    I know what you mean. I’ve lost 3 stone now and want to loose another stone but my motivation is low. I’ve managed to maintain for a month but would really like to loose the remainder. I go to the gym but have a shoulder injury at present so walking is my go to. If you fancy chatting just do me. I’m in England.
    Lisa 😃👍🏻
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,318 Member
    I've been on this site for 16 years. People on my "friend" list come and go. Really no one is still here that I interact with.

The forum has a Challenges section and lots of ongoing threads where you can get to know people and/or post daily for accountability. I'd suggest that would be a good way to feel plugged in. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

I lost 80ish pounds 15-16 years ago. It took about eight months to lose the first 65, and it took me another nine months to lose the last 15 pounds. It takes a lot of adjustments, and many of them are uncomfortable but if you want to lose the weight some things have to change. Just start. Log food, study your food log and how you feel, how hungry you get, what you ate, etc. For instance, getting enough protein, fat, and fiber is important to keep from feeling hungry.

There's a lot of info in the "Most Helpful Posts" at the top(s) of each subforum in case you have a specific issue to solve in the middle of the night. Plus there's just really good posts there.

Welcome. Log your food today. Set reasonable goals and don't try to change everything at one time. You'll get there. For me it has often been two steps forward and one step back.

Go! :flowerforyou:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I'm a terrible "feed friend" but like interacting here on the forums. Lots of good advice here.

This is a good place to start: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1