• suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Came here to offer help.
    Saw OPs responses to previous posters offering help
    Realized that some people don't know how to accept help
    I'm outta here

FijpZpu.gif

LOL..so true..people flip out for no reason..why ask for advice if you want to get only advise that you want to hear...OP wants someone to say lose 3 pounds per week and eat less than 1000 calories.

I guess if OP really has more than 75 lbs to lose(based on how she is fighting people who say she has only 56 to lose), its not possible to get less than 1200 calories to eat for 2 lb loss per week..Am i guessing something wrong here?
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

My goal is not aggressive....It's set at 1200 cal...Just like many other people on here......
    Best of luck to you! If you have the time, search or browse the forums for topics with things like "1200 and not losing", or "I'm eating under goal, but not losing" or "set on 1200 but can't stick to it, so hungry, so tired, no energy, burnt out" etc, etc. Many of us have been here for years and we see these types of posts on a daily basis. We offer tried and true advice.

But do it your way - and like I said, best of luck to you, I hope you get the results you want. You asked why MFP wouldn't let you do something and we answered with what you didn't want to hear. I don't know what else to tell ya.
    Ok....like I had said, I'm following what MFP has suggested I do...I've never complained of hunger or being tired or whatever it is I've read other people say about that set amount of calories. All I asked was why it wouldn't give me the 2lb goal...I'm happy with my loss and energy I have. Good luck to you as well!

It's just a mathematical equation. MPF just simply isn't going to give you less than 1,200 calories. If you don't like it, then just adjust your numbers to your liking.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You know your body more than any of us so it doesn't matter if anyone says you can't or you shouldn't. MFP does request that we eat at least 1200 calories per day but their isn't a limit on your exercise. Simply put, you can do your 1200 calories but exercise more to get to your goal of 2lbs/week.

I ate my required calories of 1270 per day and worked out twice per day and burned about 1,000 per day. At the end of the week, i lost over 2lbs.

lul whut?

Not sure OP is srs or just taking the pi*s