grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Rainy yucky morning,here in Ct
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    We heard today from John's daughter in France, who we went to see in October. She had his younger daughter, their mother, (John's ex) , and her ex over for Christmas. All staying! The mother had bad toothache! On their way home the motorway to the airport was blocked by an accident, so they caught a train from the nearest station, but the train was delayed. They missed their flight! Oops. Had to stay the night at an airport hotel and buy new plane tickets. What startled me was that the ex husband and their mother had no travel insurance at all. The mother is 80 next year.

Did my exercises and my book this morning. o:)
    Now it's raining, but John has gone out for his usual walk. We have the tail end of a storm which knocked out Scotland.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,538 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Interested in your opinions: Oral surgeon has taken me off Alendronate/Fosamax as it could interfere with jawbone healing from extraction in March. PCP wants me to start taking estradiol and progesterone as an alternative support for my bones. When I read the Progesterone paperwork, I said to myself, NOPE! Seems it can increase chance of blood clots, stroke, breast cancer and heart attack. Yup I already have spongy bones, but… Since I’ve already had a DVT, my bio mom perished from a stroke, she and half sister both had multiple bouts of breast cancer and bio dad perished of a heart attack, that’s just too many possibilities for me to be comfortable with. Left a voicemail, will be interested to hear what the PCP says. Might be time for a new doctor.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Barbara, I don't know if you need a new doctor, but you definitely need to school the one you've got! I had to do the same with my VA doc - I thought he would see in my records that my Crohn's diagnosis started with a bleeding, ulcerated colon, most likely due to the NSAIDS I'd been taking for 15 years for arthritis. I thought he also might click to the fact that I was on low-dose opioids to replace the NSAIDS, so that I could stop that bleeding, which also caused my anemia. Then he prescribed me a prescription cream to help with the arthritis pain... and thank goodness I looked it up before I used it. It was an NSAIDS. And those creams do absorb into the system and can cause ulcers in those who are sensitive to NSAIDS. I told him why I didn't use it, and he just nodded and wrote me the acupuncture referral. Lordie.

Our parents thought doctors knew everything. We know better. Luckily, we have at our disposal the information so we can fight for what we need and keep our own risk factors within reason. I'm with Kay and Margaret on this one. We have to do our own research, and we HAVE to fight for what's necessary, both for us and those we love. Beth and Annie, and everyone who fights or fought for your loved ones care, too, so much respect.

Kylia - More and more problems are being recognized with the "gentle parenting," technique that assumes the child's feelings are always the most important. It's kind of like the super-cleanliness movement that turned out actually to be of detriment to children's immune systems. A little dirt don't hurt, apparently, and neither does being told "no."

Machka - I worked for three organizations at one time or another that shut down over the winter break, and I looked forward to that every year. U.S. company vacation options always start skimpy and get better as you stay with them, so I was usually on the losing end of that equation. The Christmas break would be my longest time off of the entire year.

Sue - I just about fell down laughing when I read that your oven was possessed. I've got an overhead light much like that in my craft room... Sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's on, but very dimly, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it goes off without warning, and sometimes it just flickers enough to make you believe you're having a seizure. I really need to ask Corey to replace it. I've got a fixture somewhere.

Vicki - So glad to hear your SIL is going home. I know it's been a scary time for her family.

Allie -Report your neighbor to the condo board! Every single time he does that mess. Maybe it will stop him. You can't be the only one he's annoying.

Annie darlin' - It's good to see you posting, and so glad the cousins are stepping up! You need to have someone at your back, it's a lot.

Tracey - That was plenty enough, and my stars, you're tired because you've just successfully hosted a singular, massive event for the whole family!

Margaret - I LOVE that expectation vs. reality image. Totally legit.

Michele - Actually, there are two cream soups I will eat - a really good cheese soup and clam chowder. Never actually eaten lobster bisque, but I might like it. It's the broth-type soups are completely out of the question. Sounds like Vince and I might have something in common! :smiley:

Welcome to those who are new! Keep an eye on the thread, speak up in any conversation where you feel comfortable, and our fearless leader will post the new thread for the new month on the 31st. We look forward to seeing you both here and there!

More later, my chickens,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Barbara I am confused....I thought Fosamax was for bone building? I am on estradiol and have been for 10 years. No problems with it, but also have no history of clots etc. Definitely need more information.

Margaret Yay for you in standing up for your DH's health decisions. My DH totally trusts the doctors. It can be really unnerving for me. I do go into all his appointments mainly because what DH hears when doctor is talking is....wawawawa. I am also the one that questions.

Lisa I can't take nsaids either. I am in pain from the minute they hit my stomach all the way through intestines. And no, it is amazing how little they actually read in charts. I miss my old school doctor. He was a true believer in natural remedies, prevention, and follow ups. Actually, I have had two doctors like that. I currently have one that I am not a fan of.....probably should look for new. Will put it on my list.

I got two totes of misc stuffs sorted and dealt with before work this morning. Finished laundry and put away what isn't laying in pool table drying. Vacuumed base boards, dining room chairs, and bathroom (lots of hair). Productive morning so far....let's see if I can transfer that to work work-haha!

Hugs!
    <3
    Kylia still in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate our dogs.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap! And eye surgery.

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    5 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777, 4325,5916 (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 231/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)107/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 17/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 51/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal. I didn’t do this.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you. I always thank people for being kind. I appreciate kind people always.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Will do!
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. I pray for this every day.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh. 🤪
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself. I try to do this always.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature. My daily job! :)
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat. Calling my son. It’s his birthday toady and he lives in Connecticut.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy. Will try!
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • kevrit
    Options
    Hallo everyone , only just found mfp community but struggling to control my compulsive eating so here I am .
    I live in Tasmania, Australia

Matcha, You live in Tasmania also, don’t you?

Welcome Kathrynhunt282. We have people from all over the world and help each other through support. No judgements. Great thread! I’ve been on this thread since its start about 10 years ago!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Funny about the coal for Christmas.. I went to Walmart yesterday and was walking through the Christmas clearance and saw a bag of the candy ‘coal’! Same size and type I bought 30 years ago for my kids!. I came this🤏 close to buying them as they were only $1 and half off that! But was smart and didn’t. I was surprised they still had it!’

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Pg 63 read. Our heater went out. Have to go get a new one. I’ll continue later…..

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Debbie the family drama is why I live so far from family. It got to me making me have panic attacks along with depression so bad that I kept losing jobs. Moving to TN then to the RV were the best things I did for my health. I’m so sorry you have to go through all that with your family. Maybe you need to take a vacation away for a couple of weeks, just you to relax. Tell me again WHY your DH has to go there twice a day? It seems to just make things worse for everyone. Can he not just go once a day and taper that off as well? I know culture plays a big part in this, and can be very hard to deal with.

RVRita

It started over a year and half ago- mil fell twice in two days-(disoriented because of UTI which they diagnosed after the second fall) first one broke bones in her hand and wrist, the next day 3 ribs.
    Then she needed dh there 24/7. I helped when he had to work, working one or two night shifts a week.
    As she got better he has cut back to going over twice a day- making sure she takes her pills and taking food over to her.
    Now, she doesn't NEED the twice a day but she pretty much demands it. IF he misses one, she takes it out on him for the next week.
    Why he sits there for an hour or so each time, so she can just chew on him , I have no idea- I keep telling him to just do the basic and leave but he wont.
    She says that isn't enough- that she wants to hire someone because she wants more help(wants someone to just sit there and let her talk *kitten* about us or complain to them) Not only does he go there twice a day but does all the shopping for her daily(always something she needs), does her bills, takes her to dr appointments,etc. She still tells everyone she is all alone, no one to help her with anything, just her and her dog- while dh is standing right there. We did hire a lady- she was shaking in the corner the second morning.

Why does he do this- out of obligation because he is the only one here and playing the martyr- so people will feel sorry for him I guess.There are other options but it is up to him to do it- I can't make him- I suggest things and they are always wrong/won't work......