A one year commitment….

Options

Replies

• whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely focus on the progress and accomplishments! One step at a time, not the whole race.

It’s beautiful that you have your creative endeavors to focus on! That’s a place where I struggle.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,062 Member
    Options
    I admire your persistence....keep going!!
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you @itladyee !!

2/7/2024 -Day 61
    Met my goal - don’t have much else to say today.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    edited February 10
    Options
    2/9/2024 - day 63 over ate a bit… still under maintenance but over goal…. That lazy feeling crept in for a little bit but I kicked that junk out and did a little late cardio to trim in those sails properly…
    Ended on point !! Under goal!! Staying the course …⛵️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,325 Member
    Options
    2/9/2024 - day 63 over ate a bit… still under maintenance but over goal…. That lazy feeling crept in for a little bit but I kicked that junk out and did a little late cardio to trim in those sails properly…
    Ended on point !! Under goal!! Staying the course …⛵️

Day 63? You're doing fine. Most people don't last so long, seems like . . . plus you're viscerally understanding some concepts like "a day under maintenance but over goal is still a loss".

Looking good for long term success, seems like. Keep up the goodness!
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    @AnnPT77 thank you !!
    2/10/2024 - day 64
    Experiencing a nice side effect of the initial Pounds coming off - it came in the form of extra energy to get a few home improvement tasks completed. Feeling a bit more hungry and once again I had to counteract the over 1500 allocation with some treadmill work. Then at 5 I drove to Staten Island to watch my older son race. (Typing this from the bleachers now as his group hasn’t started yet). Deciding to close out the day now so I will stay at goal.

• 54ShadesOfBlue
    edited February 11
    Options
    2/11/2024 - day 65. Feeling off today, a missed racquetball opportunity with my younger son started things on the wrong foot and unfortunately, I couldn’t see the bright side of things in general after that…. I did meet my calorie goal. Tomorrow is another day.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    2/12/2024 - day 66. For some reason, I have been noticing more feelings of hunger over the last few days. Especially today. Ate a little bit over goal, but my gym session tonight will bring things in line.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    2/13/2024 day 67. Met my goal after accounting for exercise. Two small changes I noticed. First I didn’t bother to fire up the snowblower to clear out my driveway. Shoveled it without an issue. Second , I took the boot camp class tonight and, an able to do more and keep up. All good things !
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    edited February 15
    Options
    2/14/2024 day 68. - met my goals - that’s all I have to say about today.
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am 54 and gained 10 lbs in 6 months. I started a challenge during the pandemic and lost 12 lbs. I felt great. I need so much support now. I've tried to lose weight on my own without success. It would be great to lose 10- 15 lbs. My main issue is sugar and nuts. I am better controlling the nuts. It is so difficult with the sugar.

I currently have the flu and feeling terrible, however, my husband gave me chocolates for valentines and ate them all. Not even the flu can stopped me from eating sugar.

Starting weight- 165
    Goal weight- 150

February
    02/14-165
    02/19 -
    02/26 -
    02/29 -
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    2/15/2024 day 69 - was over goal even with exercise today but netted out under maintenance. Hunger was really strong, I suspect this is due to me pushing harder with bigger deficits… most likely my body pushing back at me for getting too greedy too soon. Also had brain fog so bad I wound up walking into the woman’s locker room instead of the men’s when I finished. I stated to panic a bit when my lock wouldn’t open - it wasn’t until I realized the numbers on the lockers were wrong (I have a distinctive bronze lock, and consistently take the upper right most locker, so I really navigate by position ) well it turns out there is a woman out there with a very similar lock and the same navigation lol… fortunately there was no one else in the room !!! I also need to add the order in which the rooms come at my normal club is reversed.so I have a tiny excuse.. it also goes to show how much I must leave to auto pilot lol.
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    @54ShadesOfBlue

You have done a great job to keep up with you r healthy living! It is so easy to give up but you haven’t.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    @paz922 thank you ! I started this thread to post to daily and share my ups and downs with a public promise to do the best for my health for 1 year. 365 days of commitment!
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    2/16/2024 day 70 - at goal. Thank God it’s Friday. Today marks 10 weeks so a little less than 1/5 of the way there. Overall I feel pleased with the way things are going. Probably in the best shape I have been in for about a year at this point.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    2/17/2024 - another day in the books. Stayed within goal. Traveling to Arizona tomorrow with my younger son to check out a school. I haven’t been to Arizona since I was his age ( over 35 years ago) so I am sure this will be interesting. I am looking forward to the one to one time with him 😀
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    edited February 18
    Options
    2/18/2024 - day 72. Arrived in Tempe Arizona with my son. Did a lot of waking and exploring, including a hike up a little hill which was humbling to say the least, so glad I wore my new running shoes but even do my feet and ankles are angry with me. Definitely feeling my age and the fact I still have a long way to go. Also am wondering if I need to see a podiatrist as I am less certain this foot and ankle pain is weight related… But the bottom line is I did finish the hike. Not something I would have been able to do 3 months ago.
    Food and activities are going to be a best guess today and tomorrow. I am pretty sure I’m going to above goal but below maintenance…
    It was such a treat to have Mexican style food from the southwest today. I have not been to Arizona in decades… but the tastebuds still remember…

Here is the hill that I didn’t die on 😀
    ivnjkmhy1hp3.jpeg

• 54ShadesOfBlue
    Options
    2/19/2024 - day 73.
    Made some memories with my younger son - a very good trip. Leaving tomorrow afternoon. Tried to estimate food and exercise as best I could. I feel it’s safe to say over goal and under maintenance again today, and probably will be the same case tomorrow being an air travel day.