Stagnated phase

Options
GunjaChandna
GunjaChandna Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys
Since over a year and a half I have been on and off the fitness regime. I worked out let’s say about 3 workouts a week on average, walked an average of 3 kilometres a day and also played squash on and off in this journey. My body reciprocated well in terms of weight, I have been weighing consistent for all these months.
I would like to reduce my weight, however despite much consistent efforts (specially in last two months) did not yield me any hope of weight reduction.
I eat nutritional food and very rarely have cheat meals.
I am currently also trying to keep a tab on my calories and want to actively track it in future.
I 100 % feel that my weight is stagnated and I really want to loose about 10 kgs over a course of 5-6 months.
I am looking for suggestions on what could I do differently, or how can I add structure to my efforts that it shows!!
Will appreciate your suggestions!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    If you start logging your food and counting calories, I'll bet you'll figure it out.

If your weight has been stable for a month or two (or more), extremely high probability that you've been eating maintenance calories (on average) daily.

That's true no matter how supposedly healthy a person's food choices are, how much or in what way(s) they exercise, how much water they drink, whether or not they're eating what some calorie calculator or fitness tracker recommends, etc. (I ate mostly healthy foods and had a vigorous workout schedule, even competed as an athlete . . . while saying overweight/obese for around a dozen years. Once I got my foods' calories to the right level, weight loss was very straightforward. Maintaining that loss has been equally straightforward.)

Weight loss - fat loss - is about balancing calorie intake with calorie expenditure, leaving intake a manageable bit below expenditure for long enough to reach goal weight, then keeping the two roughly equal on average long term to stay at a healthy weight.

The mechanics of doing that may present some challenges, but the basic requirement is that simple.