JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    I think I'm gonna pass on this 5lb challenge this time. I know I always do it but still feeling under the weather and I've got a lot on this month.

Saskias in her last year of Primary school! So it's all SATs and i need to apply for highschools before the deadline on the 31st oct.
    Then I'm paying for a school residential trip so she can go to this place for 3 days (2 nights) and do lots of activities (that's not till March but I pay the deposit today and then £50/month over the next 4 months)
    AND I've got Ash's health benefits to sort out, and Ash's birthday and Halloween.

I was gonna say can't wait for November but then it's bonfire night and gearing up for Christmas. I hate being so busy.. there's always something. Why can't I just chill 😂

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,445 Member
    Yesterday was nice we stayed in and Tim cooked a healthy meal, Korean rice bowl with veggies and steak. No beer, no bread, no snacking... Then we cooked some homemade chicken noodle soup for a cook off at work today. Last year we did chili, this year soup. Tim made the broth early evening and then I made the noodles later, 10 eggs worth of noodles takes some time to roll, cut and layout to let them rest/dry a little (if you skip the last step they tend to stick together in the pot. We didn't get things put together to cook until nearly 10:00pm, then there was clean up. Making noodles by hand is a messy thing. There is also a dessert contest which I didn't enter. There just wasn't time. Besides a potluck usually has plenty of desserts.

Tonight is puppy classes. Merlin is doing very well with his early training. We have "sit", "down", "come" and a short "stay" figured out. He hasn't had an accident in the house in the past few days either, AND he isn't biting me any more. Wins all around.

I'm a little annoyed this morning, we had a 7:30 meeting but because so many people were double and triple booked they moved it to 10:00 - 12:00. Not that big a deal, but Tim would have liked me to be home a little longer with Merlin this morning.

JFT Wednesday
    - work by 7:15 :smiley:
    - 7:30 meeting :neutral:
    - 8:00 meeting :smiley:
    - 9:00 meeting
    - Meeting through lunch 10-12
    - Lab clean up day
    - Log food
    - Stay in the green
    - Soup for lunch (guess at calories)
    - Home around 12:30 for puppy
    - Work until 4:00ish
    - Pick up gift cards for cook off prizes
    - Home
    - Dinner at home
    - Puppy Class at 7:00
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:00
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 227 Member
    @mytime6630, @pridesabtch, @cschmitz110515, @beachwalker99
    This weight loss journey is HARD and for me it requires being on a routine. For the last month, my routine has gotten shaken up a lot as my parents came to stay for a month long visit. They are elderly , mom has disabilities and dad can have a challenging personality. Not to mention they definitely don't eat the way I need to or want to so we have had way too many sweets in the house. Dad is getting ready for cancer surgery in a week so they head home this week.

My weight blossomed (212) in the last couple of years and I was STUCK, but I realized I was stuck mentally. I had myself convinced that it was just how things were going to be for me, as I aged and dealing with menopause. I sort of resigned to a lie that doctors had put in my head in a way because when I would go see them and ask them what I could do, they said eat less, exercise more.. (which I was already doing) I think I just got discouraged and gave up at some point, But then I had a bit of a wake up call with an injury. My ortho doc said I needed to lose weight and get the added burden off my joints or I would be facing issues for the rest of my life. I don't know why what he said resonated so much but then he said , just losing five lbs is like 15 lbs off your joints. I thought, well I could work on losing 5 lbs.
    I started my effort in May as soon as I recovered from knee surgery . All I could do was ride a stationary bike at the time and do upper body weights but it was something. Did it suck? Yep, 100% sucked . I hurt, I was tired, and didn't love it . But I knew I didn't love feeling that way and the only way to improve was to keep trying.

I am now 30 lbs down from my original weight and I want to lose another 30. I am no expert in any of this but I have learned a few things that help me that maybe will help others. Some days I have no motivation but then I look at a photo of myself at my heaviest and I don't want to look that way so it helps me stay on track.

Figure out your BMR and Calorie deficit first (using MFP and the BMR calculator online) Set your target calories. MEAL PLAN . I hate it and as much as I hate to admit it, it does help. I find that at the end of the day, dinner plans were my weak point. I have to have something ready to grab because I don't love cooking .Drink more water than you think you ever want to , and find a good water flavoring powder with vitamins if you need something tastier than plain water, get a good daily pre/probiotic. Get 25-30 g of fiber per day. Metamucil has been a lifesaver for me. Journal and make notes . Track everything you eat. Even if its bad.

Some days are HARD . I find setting small attainable goals on those days help. Go for a 20 min walk with the dog, drink one extra glass of water, etc. Find something I can be successful at and then I build from that on those tougher days. Often times I end up realizing I can do more and end up doing more.

Hope this helps someone.

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,033 Member
    edited October 2
    JFT for 10/1/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 9/29), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/27)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/3✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/27)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/22)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 9/30)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 9/28)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) No turkey patties ok today. (last 9/30)✔️

JFT for 10/2/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 9/29), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/27)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/3
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 10/1) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/27)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/22)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 9/30)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/1)
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Turkey patties ok today. (last 9/30)

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee until after 7:30 am.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 966 Member
    Tuesdays are pretty full, so squeezing in time for exercise is a challenge. No chores either, but I caught up on grading and had dinner with my daughter. Today it's down to Mom's, so I probably won't get much exercise again. Didn't sleep well or enough, so I'm dragging. But the weather is lovely, and it looks like a good day to get Mom out for a bit. She's really only up to one or two small activities each day, so most of the time I'll be relatively sedentary.

Almost forgot to step on the scale this morning but remembered just before I hit the shower. Then I almost wished I hadn't - 207, only 5 lbs under my highest weight ever :( Lots of work ahead of me, so it's back to basics.

Recap Tuesday 10/1
    Log - :)
    Healthy choices - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    Chores - No
    Grading - :)
    Relax - :)
    Sleep - Fair

JFT Wednesday 10/2
    Log
    Healthy choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Chores
    Grading
    Relax
    Sleep
  • beachwalker99
    @Bex953172 - Thanks, Bex! I think the nicest thing about this group is that we are all accepted and supported just as we are. <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    I think I either lost my goals yesterday.. but doesn't matter.. I completely blew the day. So heres to another start.
    I want to respond to many of you... but also... by joining the challenge does not mean we all have to try and lost 5#. For me.. especially this time of year, to just not gain is a win. I so understand how hard it is.. and not having a normal schedules makes it worse. So for all of us, hang in there! We all SO understand how hard it is. But for me, the challenge will just make me be more aware of what I am eating
    I just need to get back to logging my food.. no matter what. And that's what I've quit doing. I've tried to write it in a notebook instead of on the computer.. thinking this would help. It didn't. I tried another app... ha.. thinking that would motivate me. That didn't help either. Ha.. I guess its in my mind, not in what program or method I use.
    So, back to logging again, and keeping track.
    JFT, Wed, 10/2
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on protein and water. I need at least 100 gm of protein, and 90 oz water. I know I won't get that many, but aim for as much as I can
    3. concentrate on low sugar, and lower carbs.
    4. tiny habits: water for each bathroom break
    5. brush teeth after dinner
    My good friend fell last week and broke her hip. She needed a 10 inch rod and screws to repair it. She is very small, so for her weight is not the issue. But for me, I know, having 30 extra pounds is just adding stress to my bones. Another reason to get this weight off! I've never had knee problems so far, and at 73, hope not to. But have you ever tried carrying a 30 pound bag of dirt... its so heavy. And to think thats what I carry all day long.
    so... going to give it my best shot today to meet my goals.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow. Still need to have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630

JFT, Wed, 10/2
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on protein and water. I need at least 100 gm of protein, and 90 oz water. I know I won't get that many, but aim for as much as I can :)
    3. concentrate on low sugar, and lower carbs. :) Protein: 121; carbs 170; sugar 43; calories 1559
    4. tiny habits: water for each bathroom break >:)
    5. brush teeth after dinner :)
    My good friend fell last week and broke her hip. She needed a 10 inch rod and screws to repair it. She is very small, so for her weight is not the issue. But for me, I know, having 30 extra pounds is just adding stress to my bones. Another reason to get this weight off! I've never had knee problems so far, and at 73, hope not to. But have you ever tried carrying a 30 pound bag of dirt... its so heavy. And to think thats what I carry all day long.
    so... going to give it my best shot today to meet my goals.

SO today I looked at my protein, carbs, sugar, and calories. OMG.. my carbs were at 170!! And my sugar was 42, which that might not be too bad.
    So I need to concentrate more on carbs.
    JFT, Thurs 10/3
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on protein, water, and carbs
    3. tiny habits: drink water each bathroom break
    4. go to gym

• more_freggies76
    edited October 3
    JFT for 10/2/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 9/29), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/27)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/3✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 10/1) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/27)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/22)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 9/30)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/1)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Turkey patties ok today. (last 9/30)✔️

JFT for 10/3/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 9/29), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (no more of French chocolate, none of French fruit candy, peeps, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/27)
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 10/7
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 10/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 10/2) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/27)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/22)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 10/2)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 10/1)
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No turkey patties ok today. (last 10/2)
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee until after 7:30 am.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• HappyDonkey75
    JFT- Stay focused.. minimize further distractions
    Today has been an emotional day so far. My parents who have been visiting for a month left for their trip back home. It was rough seeing them go. Dad is headed for cancer surgery next week. To be honest, I was dreading this visit when it began because I didn't love the idea of having them here for various reasons that I won't get into. Looking back I am somewhat ashamed I felt that way . Overall, we had a nice visit and I am so grateful we had the time to spend together . I may not be able to see them again until Christmas time or later which seems so far away.

So, I have a big day of meetings at work ahead and trying to stay focused. That is my JFT .. Stay focused
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,445 Member
    Yesterday went fairly well. Got home from work around 4:00, played with the pup and the big dog. Later was puppy class. He did really well in class. We did go out to dinner after, but I skipped the beer and limited the chips and salsa/queso.

Today is a bit busy, but it will end on a high note. Up early with pup. Lots-o-meetings, run home at lunch to give big dog meds, back to work until 4:30. Go to mom's. Meet Tim and doggos at the vet. Get dogs home. Meet my friend from Pittsburgh at a local pub. I will drink a beer or 2, but not to excess.

JFT Thursday
    - Stay in my lane
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my cantaloupe, I won't eat again until after my hair appt. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,601 Member
    edited October 3
    @beachwalker99 Welcome back! We can all bump along on the struggle bus together LOL.

@HappyDonkey75 I like your insights into weight loss. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes to your dad on his surgery. @HappyDonkey75 Almost forgot: Congrats on your 30# weight loss so far!!!

@littleblackskirt Boy, you have a lot going on! Do what you can, but please take care of yourself!

JFT 10/3 R ~ planned rest day
    1) California crunch roll for lunch (bought while grocery shopping) / make stuffed peppers for supper / log all food / net calories green / 80 oz. water
    2) Min. 5000 steps
    3) Done: grocery shopping / topped up both bird baths (really makes a difference when humidity drops) / emptied paper recycling containers into large bin / assisted hubby as he enrolled in Medicare (he just became eligible to enroll) / refilled soft soap & tp in powder room / put away clean dishes (that hubby washed while I was away <3) / voted in Coolest Thing (down to top 8) / wash towels (in progress)
    4) Finance tasks / read / digital declutter / Brewers wild card game 7:38 / other?

I got home last evening later than planned bc youngest brother's car blocked my car in parents' driveway while he mowed their lawn. That was ok, glad I got to visit with him too. Earlier that morning I walked with aunt 4.14 mi, farther than I anticipated, but happy to do. Had a good overnight visit with Mom & Dad, next visit planned in 3 weeks, followed by (probably) all family visit for Dad's 90th birthday in early Nov. Love that I still have both parents around, unlike practically everyone I know my own age, who may be lucky enough to still have one parent alive. Counting my blessings!

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
      * moussaka America's Test Kitchen tv show ~ very tasty, nice size portions & filling, though complicated with four distinct layers & many prep steps ~ nice to have an alternate eggplant recipe
      * peach cobbler (BH&G) used qt fresh peaches grown in Ripon
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    August: 5 days x1wk, 4x2, 1x1 {hot/humid & scheduling conflicts}
    September: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x2 {including Annual Bridge Walk (double-crosser on The Mighty Mac), prep & colonoscopy last full week so limited exercise}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x; Aug 1x; Sept 0x; Oct
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • Getting close to completion 9.30.24 only 200 km to go!
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July / Aug / Sept /
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Annual Bridge Walk on The Mighty Mac w/ C, S, A&D on 9.2.24 & we became double-crossers :star: Fitbit 24,044 steps for day even with 8 hours in the car
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / drove Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drove Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (be there 15 min. early ~ ugh) / saw eldest brother both days & aunt on W
        ~ overnight visit 9.11-9.12 / saw youngest brother after he mowed folks' yard
        ~ overnight visit 10.1-10.2 / aunt visited w/ C's 2 dogs (while C&J in Germany), next morning walked 4.14 mi with aunt & late afternoon saw youngest brother after he mowed folks' yard
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
        8.1.24 belated bday lunch with PZ
        8.15.24 long phone call with sister
        9.2.24 Annual Bridge Walk at The Mighty Mac Bridge with C, S, A&D ~ Weather was perfect, we became Double Crossers & it was awesome! :star:
        9.14.24 farmers market & The Attic with PZ
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • beachwalker99
    Didn't get much done yesterday, but I had a good visit with Mom. I'm late with today's post, but I want to get it in anyway.

Recap Wednesday 10/2
    Log - :)
    Healthy choices - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    Chores - No
    Grading - Did some prep
    Relax - :)
    Sleep - Fair

JFT Thursday 10/3
    Log
    Healthy choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Chores
    Grading
    Relax
    Sleep
  • mytime6630

So I need to concentrate more on carbs.
    JFT, Thurs 10/3
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on protein, water, and carbs Prot 117, carb 108, sugar 62, cal 1415
    3. tiny habits: drink water each bathroom break >:) Was outside most of the day power washing, so not much water today
    4. go to gym :) But only a very short workout since I planned on powerwashing

JFT, Fri 10/4
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on protein, carbs, sugar, calories, water
    3. tiny habits: drink water each bathroom break
    4. finish power washing
    5. gym or bike ride if time

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,042 Member
    Ooops, forgot a daily goal...

JFT Wednesday 2nd October

No mid morning snack ❌
    No mid afternoon snack ✅

Seems I didn't post yesterday. I was out of the house early, and away for most of the day. Managed to not snack between meals, so a tiny win.

JFT Friday 4th October

No mid morning snack
    No mid afternoon snack

• HappyDonkey75

@cschmitz110515- thank you.
    @beachwalker99- nice way to list out simple attainable goals. Some days small wins are all we can manage.
    @littleblackskirt- you have a lot on your plate, give yourself some grace

@mytime6630- sorry about your friends hip. That's rough. I think your focus on your macros is smart. I try to plan hitting my protein and carb goals as close as possible and adjust as needed.

JFT- Today is finally friday. Busy week .

Get a work out in (only did a short 30 minutes on stationary bike yesterday)
    Water and Fiber
    Hit my protein and Carb goals
    Meet farmsitter for upcoming over night stay mid month
    Keep my head down at work and stay focused on Friday reports that are due to clients

This weekend is my 22nd anniversary . We don't have anything major planned. Maybe take a drive and have a meal out somewhere but its hard to be excited about eating meals out anymore with my focus on nutrition, and not to mention usually the restaurants are so overpriced and the food isn't all that great.