JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to figure out how to get to my feed. I used to be able to see updates by my MFP friends when I first logged in. Now, I get a dashboard of my own stats, and no matter what I click on, I can’t find my feed! Is it gone? Do we not have that anymore? If not, then why have friends in MFP if you can’t see their updates? I know I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure it out…. Help? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Options
    JFT for 6/28/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/15) Leave marshmallows for DH.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1✔️
    5) 2.0 oz cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)✔️Didn't eat today.c
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/26)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/26)✔️
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 6/26)✔️

JFT for 6/28/24 (today)✔️
    Going to be flexible today! Going for a day trip with some friends.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to figure out how to get to my feed. I used to be able to see updates by my MFP friends when I first logged in. Now, I get a dashboard of my own stats, and no matter what I click on, I can’t find my feed! Is it gone? Do we not have that anymore? If not, then why have friends in MFP if you can’t see their updates? I know I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure it out…. Help? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

You aren’t doing anything wrong. They did away with the newsfeed.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options

Yeah they took it down.

Alot of people weren't happy about it!

I wasn't too bothered, I don't really use it!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 What a palaver with your windows! It sounds like a huge job. Don't envy you one bit!

@PackerFanInGB I hope your husband took note of the fact it's too dangerous for you to clean lol.
    My garden is looking fine, a lot of my seedlings didn't do well this year, with the wet cold weather, and the slugs eating them! But I have lovely tall foxgloves, and lots of yellow flowers, maybe too many...can you have too many yellow flowers? 🙂

Half of my flower bed...
    stbfx3wpmcze.jpg
  • littleblackskirt
    edited June 29
    Options

Really don't want to do this but will keep trying!
    JFT Friday 28th June

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅ None!
    Pf exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅
    Get house tidied ✅

Really pleased with how I did yesterday. I closed my food diary as soon as my meal was over, and although I did want to snack in the evening I didn't succumb. I also did 5 mnutes of exercises a few times throughout the day. And managed a slow walk to the butchers, just over a mile.

I'll post goals today, even although I know I won't be able to count everything. I have family coming for tea (dinner), we're having a steak pie from the butchers, so calories unknown, and they are bringing a dessert. But posting will keep me right for the rest of the day.

JFT Saturday 29th

Log breakfast and lunch
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/29/24 (today)✔️
    Going to be flexible today! Going for a day trip with some friends.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Bex953172
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 What a palaver with your windows! It sounds like a huge job. Don't envy you one bit!

@PackerFanInGB I hope your husband took note of the fact it's too dangerous for you to clean lol.
    My garden is looking fine, a lot of my seedlings didn't do well this year, with the wet cold weather, and the slugs eating them! But I have lovely tall foxgloves, and lots of yellow flowers, maybe too many...can you have too many yellow flowers? 🙂

Half of my flower bed...
    stbfx3wpmcze.jpg

Wow that's alot of flowers!! Beautiful! Puts mine to shame hahaha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    de9hh2iwzxjo.jpg
    My lupins have come out great (yellow ones) and the daisy's bloomed a couple of days ago! My favourite is the Knopofia (can't spell it) aka Red Hot Pokers. It took a bit off football damage so didn't know if it would come through but it has!!

1dt7lmn28mpi.jpg
    yf93b53w8oy3.jpg
    Hanging baskets are epic lol
    pydrgrha0mmn.jpg

All thanks to Ash if I'm honest, he's the green thumb!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I had avocado and eggs for breakfast today, went to the gym, got back and had a protein shake then we went out for a bit to pick up some new wireless earphones and I got a small cone of chips from the chippy. And since then I've had the worst stomach pain.

It's.mostly just trapped wind, but from my stomach it's turned into sulphur burps which makes you feel like vomming and now my back ends started with some hilarious farts. Sorry for the TMI, the only reason I'm getting away with them with Ash is because they don't smell 😂😂

Had to skip dinner but I'm not even hungry anyway. Just hope my stomach settles before bedtime.. which is soon

LOL! I'm catching up on posts and just saw this. I had to Google what a small cone of chips from the chippy is, because I'm so NOT worldly... Yum! I'd love to go to a real Fish & Chips shop someday.

This story made me laugh...hope you and Ash survived. 🤣😂
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Make rounds :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Sign some things😀
    - Lunch😀
    - WFH 2nd half of the day😀
    - Bike ride😀
    - No alcohol😀
    - Dinner😀
    - Log food😞
    - Stay green😀
    - Shower😞
    - Bed

Yesterday was ok. I didn’t log food, but did alright. Today started off well. I went to the gym to teach spin. Nobody showed up so I just did 30 minutes steady state. Then I went to the bank to get cash. By then the nail salon was open and I got a mani/pedi. Shopped a bit to kill time before my hair appointment, then I got my hair done. Was going to go for a bike ride also, but it rained.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds.

JFT Saturday
    - -Gym by 8:30
    - Bank
    - Nails
    - Hair
    - Lunch
    - Try to get hubby out of the house
    - Shower
    - Bed

oz8g6z38iyge.jpeg
    yq3h0roqi9dl.jpeg
    oow8x0y59hxe.jpeg

• PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan. >:)
    • Take dog to groomer. 😊
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings.. 😊
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm. >:)
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand >:)
    • PT exercises as tolerated. 😊 Walk to Stop sign if feeling okay.
    • Evening Routine. >:)

Wow...lots of >:) . Didn't do so great with my goals but to be honest my tailbone was pretty sore yesterday. I did do my PT exercises and I think maybe that is why I was so sore. Oh well, it's a brand new day.

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today, so I really need to find a way to pull myself out of it. Normally, I would be up in Minnesota for this next week at my dad's place on the lake. It's my happy place. We try to go the week of the 4th of July so we can watch fireworks across the lake and it's just really a nice week to go. I'm not up to the 7-hour trip to get there with this stupid tailbone fracture though. So, all the things I normally would be doing today, and all week actually, I will not be doing--boating, fishing, swimming, walking in the woods, hitting the shops nearby, looking at the stars by the bonfire, and of course the most important thing...spending time with my dad and my stepmom... I know it's not that big of a deal in the big scheme of things. Lord knows I have had way bigger things going on than this since last October with the chemo and all, but it's just something I really look forward to every year and I am feeling sad I'm not there. Hopefully I will be able to get up there before summer is over at some point. Anyway, I"m just venting. Thanks for "listening".

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan.
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings..
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm.
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand
    • PT exercises as tolerated. Walk to Stop sign if feeling okay.
    • Evening Routine.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Half of my flower bed...
    stbfx3wpmcze.jpg

Your flowers are soooo pretty! I don't think a person can EVER have too many yellow flowers!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    de9hh2iwzxjo.jpg
    My lupins have come out great (yellow ones) and the daisy's bloomed a couple of days ago! My favourite is the Knopofia (can't spell it) aka Red Hot Pokers. It took a bit off football damage so didn't know if it would come through but it has!!

1dt7lmn28mpi.jpg
    yf93b53w8oy3.jpg
    Hanging baskets are epic lol
    pydrgrha0mmn.jpg

All thanks to Ash if I'm honest, he's the green thumb!

Pretty flowers, Bex! I love lupins and daisies! We had both of those growing in our yard when we lived in the house before this one. Daisies are my favorite flower. Tim's the green thumb around here. :)
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow except my dose of metamusal
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    seeing the lovely flowers @Bex953172 cheered me up. So pretty, nice job!thanks for sharing
    @PackerFanInGB - I am so sorry you don't get to go spend time at your family cabin to enjoy the holiday. Maybe you and the hubby can find a different way to celebrate, go to local parade or take a drive somewhere for lunch. Its hard to be outside the norm during a big holiday like this. Hang in there and focus on getting healthy and stronger .

Today I just spent the morning catching up on house chores, and making sure I got a work out in. I also met a friend for a quick/short trail ride with the horses which was a nice easy ride.

I have also been considering heavily beginning a GLP-1 as an option to get me over this plateau and help me along so I was doing some research . I am not sure yet if it's worth the expense but I am very frusrated with things. I work out 4-5 times a week with cardio and strength (plus active weekends), eating 1500 Kcals and being very consistent and yet for a month I have gained and lost the same 4-5 lbs. Can't get things to move. I feel like I do ALL the right things (including eating enough protein) and yet nothing. The frustrating part is I had this same problem a year ago when I worked with a nutrition coach. Got stuck at the SAME number . The only difference is that this time I had MORE to lose. I started at 212 in March after recovering from three surgeries and by the end of May I was down to just over 200. I can't work out any more than I already do. I can't cut my calories any more than I do.
    So.. I am trying to figure it out but maybe my premenopausal , sluggish metabolism needs some extra help...

• littleblackskirt
    Options
    I thought I'd posted this morning, must have wandered off without doing it!

@pridesabtch lovely mani/pedi! I think I'd feel weird having a man painting my toenails lol.

@PackerFanInGB Sorry you can't go on your trip, perhaps you can go later in the summer?

@Bex953172 Be patient, your flowers will grow :) Mine were mostly just tiny plants this time last year (only made the flower bed last spring) I love your little dianthus and pansies in the baskets, so pretty.

JFT Saturday 29th

Log breakfast and lunch ✅ also logged tea, making a generous estimate for the bits I was guessing. Finished around maintenance cals.
    No snacking ✅ 2 days in a row
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Day at home today. Got very little sleep last night as seem to be starting a cold. It's summer fgs!

JFT Sunday 30th

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Gardening

Been having a text chat with a friend, she has lost over 2 stone and feels so much better. That will be me this time next year!
  • Bex953172
    Options

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Make rounds :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Sign some things😀
    - Lunch😀
    - WFH 2nd half of the day😀
    - Bike ride😀
    - No alcohol😀
    - Dinner😀
    - Log food😞
    - Stay green😀
    - Shower😞
    - Bed

Yesterday was ok. I didn’t log food, but did alright. Today started off well. I went to the gym to teach spin. Nobody showed up so I just did 30 minutes steady state. Then I went to the bank to get cash. By then the nail salon was open and I got a mani/pedi. Shopped a bit to kill time before my hair appointment, then I got my hair done. Was going to go for a bike ride also, but it rained.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds.

JFT Saturday
    - -Gym by 8:30
    - Bank
    - Nails
    - Hair
    - Lunch
    - Try to get hubby out of the house
    - Shower
    - Bed

oz8g6z38iyge.jpeg
    yq3h0roqi9dl.jpeg
    oow8x0y59hxe.jpeg

You know I've NEVER had a pedi. Couldn't bear someone to touch my feet 😂 the nails look amazing though I love them!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/30/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/29) Leave marshmallows for DH.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1
    5) 2.0 oz cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/26)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/26)
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 6/26)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.