JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Hopping on quick to post some goals. I'm over 115 posts behind so I'll have to catch up a little as I can

I managed to tripped backwards in my bathroom into our bathtub, broke my tailbone and hurt my left elbow/forearm, last Friday. So, yeah...that was awesome. Always something. I was having a great day and getting some cleaning done right up to that point. Back at square one sitting on a freaking donut in my recliner again. UGH. One step forward, two steps back...that's what it feels like sometimes anyway. I know it could be much worse though. I'm still just so mad at myself! 🤦‍♀️

@pridesabtch I might be too late for this, because I'm not sure when your husband's surgery date is, but if he didn't have it yet....good luck with Tim's shoulder surgery. I will add him to my prayers for an uneventful quick & easy procedure and recovery. Try to show yourself some grace and self care. You have a lot on your plate!

@cschmitz110515 I actually didn't realize you could buy eggs, bread, cheese and milk at the Farmer's Market. I thought it was veggies, flowers and crafts. Obviously, I need to get my butt to the Farmer's Market this year! lol It's been a few years since I've been and every year I tell myself that this year will be different. I'm just not a morning person so by the time I'm up and moving it's either too hot or too late! I agree with you on the Wednesday night market. I went once and it was like a street dance atmosphere, which I would have loved and attended every week when I was younger... ;)

Weather has been crazy lately. SO MUCH RAIN! The lightening, wind and hail on Monday night was loud as heck! Today sure is beautiful though, isn't it?

Congratulations on the Bellin Run! You did great!

@Bex953172 I saw you posted you are getting your dog's shots for when you go away in August. Are you and Ash going on a vacation? Taking the girls? Where are you going? Inquiring minds want to know! How exciting!

I'll have to catch up more as I go. Hope everyone is having a really beautiful day!

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan.
    • WFPB recipe...research and try one. Look for a basic easy tofu recipe to try also.
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings.
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand
    • PT exercises as tolerated. Walk around block if tailbone allows? Maybe to Stop sign and back a few times instead?
    • Show my home some love: Laundry, dust, paperwork, bills.
    • Evening Routine.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Training until 10:30 :smiley:
    - Email :smiley:
    - Lunch :smiley:
    - Retirement party :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Nap :smiley:
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Pizza for dinner :smiley:
    - Limit 3 beers :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Bed :smiley:

I did pretty well yesterday, even got home early and went to bed early. I've missed taking my meds the past two nights and I'm starting to notice my mood falter a bit. I woke up in plenty of time to get up and make it to work on time, but I just didn't want to get out of bed. I eventually got up. I was late for work, but I just don't care. I have flexible time so I can just stay a little later today.

No real plans for tonight. Hoping to stay home and eat in.

JFT Thursday
    - Work
    - Home
    - Nap
    - Dinner
    - Bed
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Tim's surgery was a couple of weeks ago, and he is doing well. Thank you for the prayers! Hope you heal soon.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

I'm still very behind on catching up reading posts, but I really wanted to respond to a few as I go...

@pridesabtch So glad to hear Tim's surgery went well! Yay!

@mytime6630 I'm right there with you regarding emotional eating...I eat when I'm anxious about my health and future, and it's counterproductive because I'm not eating healthy things...and I emotionally eat when I worry about my children and grandchildren many of whom are not making very good choices, some potential dangerous...(homeless, drugs, changing genders, blah, blah, blah...).
    I emotionally eat over so many things with my family that I want to fix or change, and the truth is that I honestly cannot control what they do, think or say, and my emotional eating only makes me feel better in that very minute when I'm eating...it doesn't change anything for the better...Not one single thing.

Listening to Half Size Me and No BS (old PnP) podcasts help me process the thoughts in a better way. It's okay to feel what we are feeling and we probably need to just let ourselves feel the feelings but then move on in a more productive healthier way. I know that if I don't take better care of myself, I won't be around for any of them if/when the time comes they need me. So I HAVE to get emotional eating under control. And I have to let go of the anxiety and stress. But it sure is hard...

Hugs, my friend. I feel your pain. I truly do. But all the ice cream in the world won't fix the things we eat over... My health depends on my making better choices and is my new "Why". I try to ask myself "will this help me be healthier?" or "will this move me closer or further from goal?" ... Sometimes it helps me stop and think before popping something in my mouth mindlessly...but not always. It's a work in progress. Sending you hugs, love and prayers, Joan.

@Bex953172 I'm so glad to hear you and Ash got to have a date weekend! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

@cschmitz110515 LOVE the photo of you and your siblings then and now! And at the same house! So cool. It's actually such a cute picture---a framer! :)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Thanks for all the nice comments! And so sorry about your trip and fall, I hope you heal & recover soon!

Recap 6/26 W ~ weather not so humid or hot = YAY
    1) Supper? hubby & I divided and conquered the remaining leftovers LOL / log all food / 80 oz. water :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 3.62 mi :smiley: dog got treat from Wed. garbage truck driver, happy dog & happy me
    3) Grocery shop / make Kitty annual appt / call Mom <3 / city band concert 7:00 St. James Park / other? washed dishes / made hummer food & refilled that feeder & one other / reviewed home & auto ins. policy renewal docs online, printed as necessary (wow, replacement cost of our house has shot up, and good side of having excellent credit score is auto insurance policy rate went down) / since we're meeting our financial advisor on Mon. with emphasis on tax analysis in retirement & possible scenarios, decided I needed to get serious about budgeting funds for next year, so worked up spreadsheet with my own options & printed to take to meeting :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 6/27 R ~ beautiful summer day, so nice to see blue sky!
    1) Purchase supper at garden / 1 adult beverage / log all food (best guess) / 80 oz. water
    2) Walked dog 4.1 mi & chatted with Cookie's mom :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) Email aunt with thanks & updates / Market on Military (definitely s/b more produce at that one) / research uses/freezing garlic scapes / 6:00 GBBG concert / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June x
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Having a day where nothing I eat tastes all that satisfying. I likely want something bad for me. Pizza sounds great . But I can't even think about taking myself down that rabbit hole.
    Focusing on water intake, fiber drink and getting my exercise.
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 28
    Options
    JFT for 6/27/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/15) Leave marshmallows for DH.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/21)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 6/27✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz of mozarella cheese ok today, but no other type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/26)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/26)✔️
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 6/26)✔️
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️

Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorriw.

JFT for 6/27/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/15) Leave marshmallows for DH.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1
    5) 2.0 oz cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/26)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/26)
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 6/26)
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Stupid IBS acting up again. Very plain food for me all day today to try and relieve the pain and take back some level of control. Really hoping my gut gives me a break soon, this is exhausting.

My goal for tomorrow is just to survive the work day. Then I can start reading all the books I checked out from the library about starting your own business so I can be my own boss.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Sorry you're you laid up after your accident, cleaning is a dangerous activity! I know that "one step forward, 2 steps back" thing so well.
    I'm another one who comfort eats, when I'm sad, lonely, worried, you name it! I can quite happily eat even when I'm not hungry. But as you say, it doesn't help at all, we cannot influence the lives of other family members by putting food in our mouths!

For the first time in quite a few weeks, I logged my breakfast today. My plantar faciitis is finally easing off and I was looking forward to getting out and walking a bit more. Now I have a new pain, not yet sure of the cause, possibly hip issues? It hurts to walk. I really need to lose some weight for my health. I'm scared of what my future will be like if I don't.

Really don't want to do this but will keep trying!
    JFT Friday 28th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    Pf exercises
    General exercises
    Get house tidied

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB oh my goodness! What are you like!! I hope you feel much better soon, that must have hurt so bad.

Lots of hugs for you! Hopefully you'll be on your feet in no time!

And maybe get hubby to clean the bathroom next time (great excuse to get out of it 😂) I hate cleaning the bathroom. Well infact, I hate cleaning the bath!! It's just so big and then all the tiles. It's so boring. But the toilet and the sink are easy enough lol!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Had another gym sesh this morning, really wasn't feeling it, didn't take pre-work out because I felt anxious already and didn't want to feel worse off it because it speeds your heart rate up anyway.

But did quite a fair amount! Could of done more with pre-workout but still came out with jelly legs. Just couldn't do as much as I'd like on my arms.

Also beasted 250 calories off on the treadmill. Just walking but on an incline.

I WAS doing interval walking/running and Ash was doing the incline and he was burning more calories than me!!! So I thought sod the running, tried it out today and loved it lol.

Still want to get on the stairmill. But scared, only ever lasted 2.5 mins on one hahaha
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Work :)
    - Home :)
    - Nap :)
    - Dinner :)
    - Bed :)

Did little more than the basics yesterday. I don't know why I have zero energy. Well, my Garmin says my sleep quality is typically poor. I get plenty of sleep, but apparently not enough deep or REM sleep. When I first go to sleep, I sleep soundly, but only for 30 minutes or so. Then I cycle between light sleep and awake. Last night was not bad though. I got plenty of REM & Deep sleep. TBH, I'm not sure that today I'm not just bored more than tired. I have little to do at work. I tend to work a half day at home on Fridays because of this. At least at home I can get a few things done in between tasks.

It's a pretty nice day out, maybe I'll try going for a ride early evening. Looking forward to watching gymnastics this evening. We've been watching the track and field Olympic trials the past few days and swimming/diving before that. Gymnastics is by far my favorite summer Olympic sport.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Make rounds :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP :smiley:
    - Sign some things
    - Lunch
    - WFH 2nd half of the day
    - Bike ride
    - No alcohol
    - Dinner
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Shower
    - Bed
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/28/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/15) Leave marshmallows for DH.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1
    5) 2.0 oz cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/26)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/26)
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 6/26)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Got my 32 minutes of weighted vest/incline treadmill session done
    Should be a light day at work but that can change in an instant
    Hoping to start reading a new fitness /nutrition book
    Stay hydrated
    Don't give in to any sweet cravings.. and if they come on strong, drink my celcius water drink
    GET ENOUGH PROTEIN
    Already had two eggs, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a few raspberries but need to get a protein shake in to meet my protein levels for breakfast
    Have a great Friday everyone
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Recap 6/27 R ~ beautiful summer day, so nice to see blue sky!
    1) Purchase supper at garden / 1 adult beverage / log all food (best guess) / 80 oz. water ~ only 64 oz. but est. food ok :neutral: Still not losing any weight, even after very active day with 18,000 steps. Bouncing around the same few pounds and feeling disheartened right now & sad me.
    2) Walked dog 4.1 mi & chatted with Cookie's mom :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) Email aunt with thanks & updates <3 / Market on Military (definitely s/b more produce at that one) :smiley: much better / research uses/freezing garlic scapes / 6:00 GBBG concert / other? gas in vehicle, comments below :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 6/28 F ~ another cloudy, cool, crappy day with occasional showers forecast *huge sigh*
    1) Lunch with hubby & SIL at buffet ~ choose wisely / log all food (guesstimates)? / 80 oz. water
    2) PT exercises
    3) Something productive around house / attend evening concert? one of my favorite bands playing, venue moved indoors due to weather; I was looking forward to sitting along the river & enjoying the music, not so sure I want to sit indoors, even though in a beautiful theatre

Yesterday, two college guys were going around neighborhood with equipment and cleaning outside storm windows for decent price, so we hired them. Hubby removed all screens but two first, for better cleaning. Then hubby decided that, since screens were already out, before replacing screens, we (he & me) should hose off all the screens and clean ALL the inside windows. Geez. I really want upstairs windows open at night for sleeping, while he doesn't really care. That's a big job I did not bargain for when I hired the guys. Anyway, we hosed off all but two of the upstairs screens, then hubby completely removed the inside and storm windows to one upstairs bedroom window so he could tighten screws on shutters. I was so nervous as he leaned out. Then cleaning & replacing each storm & inside window was not as fast as I hoped, nor as simple & easy as hubby claimed (which I already knew would happen from past experience with these old heavy windows). We didn't get very far when we had to quit to clean up & get hubby's supper at market before heading to garden for evening concert. We still have 8 upstairs windows to do, plus all the downstairs windows (6). Geez. Hubby says we can take our time. This will take us at least a week at a decent pace. ACK! I am not a very happy camper today. (Sorry for the rant, if anyone is still reading LOL.)

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        6.24.24 lunch with DE

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Recap 6/27 R ~ beautiful summer day, so nice to see blue sky!
    1) Purchase supper at garden / 1 adult beverage / log all food (best guess) / 80 oz. water ~ only 64 oz. but est. food ok :neutral: Still not losing any weight, even after very active day with 18,000 steps. Bouncing around the same few pounds and feeling disheartened right now & sad me.
    3) Email aunt with thanks & updates <3 / Market on Military (definitely s/b more produce at that one) :smiley: much better / research uses/freezing garlic scapes / 6:00 GBBG concert / other? gas in vehicle, comments below :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 6/28 F ~ another cloudy, cool, crappy day with occasional showers forecast *huge sigh*
    1) Lunch with hubby & SIL at buffet ~ choose wisely / log all food (guesstimates)? / 80 oz. water
    2) PT exercises
    3) Something productive around house / attend evening concert? one of my favorite bands playing, venue moved indoors due to weather; I was looking forward to sitting along the river & enjoying the music, not so sure I want to sit indoors, even though in a beautiful theatre

Yesterday, two college guys were going around neighborhood with equipment and cleaning outside storm windows for decent price, so we hired them. Hubby removed all screens but two first, for better cleaning. Then hubby decided that, since screens were already out, before replacing screens, we (he & me) should hose off all the screens and clean ALL the inside windows. Geez. I really want upstairs windows open at night for sleeping, while he doesn't really care. That's a big job I did not bargain for when I hired the guys. Anyway, we hosed off all but two of the upstairs screens, then hubby completely removed the inside and storm windows to one upstairs bedroom window so he could tighten screws on shutters. I was so nervous as he leaned out. Then cleaning & replacing each storm & inside window was not as fast as I hoped, nor as simple & easy as hubby claimed (which I already knew would happen from past experience with these old heavy windows). We didn't get very far when we had to quit to clean up & get hubby's supper at market before heading to garden for evening concert. We still have 8 upstairs windows to do, plus all the downstairs windows (6). Geez. Hubby says we can take our time. This will take us at least a week at a decent pace. ACK! I am not a very happy camper today. (Sorry for the rant, if anyone is still reading LOL.)

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
      • Always a good idea
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        6.24.24 lunch with DE

LOL I did read all of your rant it made me laugh at the end! God that sounds like ALOT of work and I keep putting off just dusting the blinds because I can't be bothered polishing each strip 😂 suppose I shouldn't complain and just get on with it!!

And that's deffo a man thing, starting "easy" tasks that turn into mammoth tasks. Ash does that. It goes from, "I'm just going to deweed the garden" and before i knew it he had dug up half the garden to made a flower bed!

Lots of my flowers have come through now since planting them in May? I'll take pics tomoz!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan. 😊
    • WFPB recipe...research and try one. Look for a basic easy tofu recipe to try also. 😬 I didn’t find one yet. Need to keep looking.
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings.. 😊
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm. 😉. Drank the water but not before 6:00 pm—still a win!
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand. 😊 YAY!
    • PT exercises as tolerated. Walk around block if tailbone allows? Maybe to Stop sign and back a few times instead? 😊
    • Show my home some love: Laundry, dust, paperwork, bills.. 😊
    • Evening Routine. 😖 Was up late watching the debate. Went to bed without devotionals or journaling.

Hi everyone! It’s late but wanted to be accountable. I hope everyone had a great day!

@Bex953172 My husband’s comment while we were in Urgent Care waiting for them to do X-ray of arm and tailbone was “You’ll do ANYTHING to get out of cleaning the bathroom, won’t you?” 😂. I’m looking forward to seeing the photos of your flowers tomorrow!

@littleblackskirt I know you understand the one step forward, two steps back analogy! I hope you feel better soon. You’ve been hurting for such a long time! How’s your garden coming? Lots of flowers?

@cschmitz110515 Oh my goodness! Like Bex, I read all of your post too. What a lot of work! It will be so nice to have done, but holy cow…. Sounds like my husband…let’s just do this one thing….which turns into an entire day’s project! 😂 🤦🏻‍♀️😬

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan.
    • Take dog to groomer. 😊
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings.. 😊
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm.
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand
    • PT exercises as tolerated. 😊 Walk to Stop sign if feeling okay.
    • Evening Routine.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻

I’ve taken a very long break from using this app but I’ve decided to give it another shot.

Height: 5’4”
    Current weight: 98.4
    Goal weight: 110

Got some work to do. Also still have work to do controlling my IBS which makes everything more complicated and leads to a lot of anxiety around food. But I don’t have quite as many bad days any more.

Goals for 6/24
    - cook tofu with gnocchi and spinach for dinner
    - Yoga
    - 48 oz of water
    - Do better than I did yesterday

Welcome back! I’m glad to hear you don’t have as many bad days as you used to! 👏

I’m curious how you cook your tofu. I’ve never made it, but looking for an easy basic recipe.