JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options
1787980818284»

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan. 😊
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings.. 😊
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm. 👿
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand. 😈
    • PT exercises as tolerated. 😊 Walk to Stop sign if feeling okay. 😈
    • Evening Routine. 😊

Hello everyone! I hope everyone’s having a wonderful weekend! it’s such a beautiful day here in Wisconsin. We are able to open windows, hear the birds and neighborhood sounds of kids playing outside and my husband’s radio playing in the garage. The sounds of summer…I love them. 🥰☀️🌺🌼

I spent some time out on the deck this morning listening to some No BS coaching calls and the sunshine felt so good. I’ve not been outside much AT ALL this year. Normally by this time of the year, I have a nice tan from being outside so much. I know it’s been a different kind of year for my husband and I, and mentally I’ve been struggling since the recurrence of the breast cancer, but I think that’s probably normal, right? I mean, who wouldn’t get depressed over that? Plus, now I’ve fractured my tailbone, so although I was starting to regain some strength after chemo, I set myself back again with that! So, although I think it’s probably normal I’ve been isolating and feeling some depression & anxiety, I can’t let myself live there! I mean, what’s the point of going through chemo and fighting if I’m just going to sit in my recliner all day and watch life pass me by? So, today I am picking myself up and brushing off my knees and getting back to it. It’s a new day.

Sundays are kind of a reflection day for me because I consider it my new week…I weigh myself and make my weekly plans…and I didn’t like my assessment of last week, so I took a look at the facts. The facts are that I gained 1.8 lb back. I gained it because I wasn’t eating because I was hungry and to fuel my body…I was eating for entertainment, soothing my emotions and not listening to whether I was actually hungry. I ate past enough because either I didn’t want to waste the food or it just tasted “so good”. I also gained weight back because I didn’t drink my water. I didn’t pay attention to whether I was actually hydrating my body. I gained also because I didn’t move enough…I sat on my butt (well, actually on a blow-up donut) and felt depressed over things I want to do but cannot, rather than focusing on and finding things I CAN do…

So today is my restart. I really need to do this. With the cancer diagnosis, my quantity and quality of life actually depends on getting healthy and strong for as long as I can. I need to do this for myself, my husband, my kids and my grandkids. I need to build some healthy new habits and stop pretending this stuff didn’t happen.

I’m sorry if this sounds all melodramatic, but I needed to write these thoughts out so I can refer back to them and give myself the kick in the *kitten* I need right now! If you’ve read this far, I’m sorry for the rant! But I really need to get my *kitten* together! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😉😊

Just for Today, I will:
    • Make a 24-hour food plan and journal every bite. I will close my Food Diary at the end of the day and assess how I did on my 24 hour plan.
    • Self Care: No BS content. Kris Carr ICW content. Journal. Readings..
    • 64 oz water before 6:00 pm.
    • Close all 3 of my activity rings on my Apple watch...Cal, Exer Min and Stand
    • PT exercises as tolerated. Walk to Stop sign (if tailbone agrees) feeling okay.
    • Evening Routine.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday
    - -Gym by 8:30😀
    - Bank😀
    - Nails😀
    - Hair😀
    - Lunch😀
    - Try to get hubby out of the house😀
    - Shower 😀
    - Bed 😀

Clean sweep yesterday. Felt pretty after my day of pampering. Went out to dinner with hubby. Not often that I do hair and makeup.
    kaacyu4ayeir.jpeg

Hubby and I went out, but had to come home early because my daughter called and told us we had a water problem at home.

Slept in this morning and just kind of bumming around. May go for a ride later.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,524 Member
    edited June 30
    Options
    No recap, since I didn't have the time to post yesterday. I made an early run to the farmers market downtown (city's largest, actual farmer's market, with lots of real farmers and produce). Got home in time to put stuff away & eat quick bowl of Cheerios & fresh fruit, then shower and off to church. Special day with the installation ceremony of our new Associate Pastor. Lots of music, including choir, so I had to be there at 10:20. Ceremony at 11, followed by lunch in fellowship hall. I think I chose food wisely, limited my desserts (I can't just skip) but didn't log bc too many guesses. At home, hubby had cleaned 4 of the upstairs windows & replaced screens while I was gone, so yippee! Then he took off to visit his two sisters, and I did chores, including hosing down & cleaning the last 10 window screens. Yay! I also picked up sticks from under all our trees (very breezy), depooped the yard, and refilled several bird feeders. Since it was too warm, no dog walk. But she and I relaxed in the back yard once chores were done.

@PackerFanInGB You are a fighter! Hugs to you!

@littleblackskirt @Bex953172 Love the flowers! Thanks for sharing your photos.

@pridesabtch Very pretty! Like the saying goes, you clean up nice. :smiley:

JFT 6/30 Sunday ~ a cool day, but breeze finally died down & SUN is shining! :sunglasses: happy me!
    1) Church service 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Hubby & I made BLTs after church ~ yum! / not sure of supper / log all food / no crazy snacking / 80 oz. water
    3) Already done: while hubby on his webinar, I cleaned all the single pane windows (upstairs master bath, patio doors, kitchen sink, front panels by door) and replaced three window screens. Whoever said I'll say the windows project was worth it, once we're done, was right. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel LOL. Also cleaned (really, dusted) around 2-person tub (which we never use... whoever thought that was a good thing to install is nuts, it was here when we bought the house), pulled yard doodads, depooped & de-sticked yard again for hubby to mow. Emailed aunt that I'll bring my walking togs when I visit parents Thur-Fri.
    4) Still to do: wash, cut & freeze garlic scapes / boil eggs / read / two upstairs double-hung windows with hubby? / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June x
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    JFT for 6/30/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/29) Leave marshmallows for DH.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1✔️
    5) 2.0 oz cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/26)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/26)✔️
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.Over by 50 calories.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 6/26)✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 7/1/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/29) Leave marshmallows for DH.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1
    5) No cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/30)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/30)
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 6/30)
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,524 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Decided to post tonight for tomorrow, another busy day planned...

Recap 6/30 Sunday ~ a cool day, but breeze finally died down & SUN is shining! :sunglasses: happy me!
    1) Church service 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Hubby & I made BLTs after church ~ yum! / not sure of supper ~ more window cleaning due to hubby's push, so no time to fix supper & we made run to Culver's (I had single burger no cheese, fries & milk) / log all food / no crazy snacking ~ none! / 80 oz. water ~ sad me, too busy & low on water
    3) Already done: while hubby on his webinar, I cleaned all the single pane windows (upstairs master bath, patio doors, kitchen sink, front panels by door) and replaced three window screens. Whoever said I'll say the windows project was worth it, once we're done, was right. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel LOL. Also cleaned (really, dusted) around 2-person tub (which we never use... whoever thought that was a good thing to install is nuts, it was here when we bought the house), pulled yard doodads, depooped & de-sticked yard again for hubby to mow. Emailed aunt that I'll bring my walking togs when I visit parents Thur-Fri.
    4) Still to do: wash, cut & freeze garlic scapes / boil eggs / read not enough time in afternoon, no desire to in evening / two upstairs double-hung windows with hubby? yes plus at hubby's insistence, last two, so all done upstairs except window above hubby's office bookcase, which we have to empty/move first ~ happy me / other? Reset all the doodads & refilled watering cans from rain barrels, looked up interest info & updated budget s/s :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 7/1 M
    1) Log all food / no crazy snacking / 80 oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Wash, cut & freeze garlic scapes / boil eggs / wash dishes / 3:00 meeting w/ financial planner (75 mile drive one way) / MCM in Italy 8:00 / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June x
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 978 Member
    Options

JFT Sunday 30th

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ❌ 22 cals over
    No snacking ✅ 3 days
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅
    Gardening ✅front garden sorted

JFT Monday 1st July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk

Today I get my son's dog for the week while they go on holiday. Looking forward to it, although it looks like it's going to be a rainy week. So might be wet walks instead of the lovely sunny ones I'd envisaged.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,114 Member
    Options
    Went gym again today. Much more confident than when I first started. I know what I need to use and how which is good.
    The majority of my muscle groups can lift in a range between 25kg to 40kg depending what I'm doing.
    But I told Ash I wanted to be able to achieve a pull up, and he told me the best place to start was to work on my shoulder muscles before starting to do pull ups.

Well, my shoulders are weak as anything 😂 9kg and struggling and my right is stronger than my left so couldn't even lift it level.

I've noted down everything I did though today, going to get it onto a spreadsheet and track my progress now.

I do feel like I've over ate today though,. It started well, but then had a McDonald's, then made some pulled pork wraps and I wasn't even hungry?

But it's already done now. I'll just have a smaller portion at dinner time I guess!

Hope everyone else is doing okay!
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 7/1/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/29) Leave marshmallows for DH.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1
    5) No cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/30)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/30)
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 6/30)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Had a very small portion for dinner, just a few pieces of chicken in the curry sauce and half a large naan.

So calories may have balanced out (Maybe not with the McDonald's😂) , I haven't actually been logging, just making better choices and I've changed my meals alot.
    No more brown toast or cereal for breakfast.
    I now eat eggs and avocado or natural yoghurt and berries.
    Lunches consist of salads with some sort of protein. Or chicken and rice. That sort of thing. Lots of proteins and good fats. Low carb and apparently sour dough is the healthiest kind of bread ingredient-wise, but I even keep that at a minimum.

Dinners are generally more veg, less carb when portioning but we've made less restrictions there, it's too hard to change everything but a healthy breakfast and lunch is done us both good!
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    well today was scheduled to be a but nutso and I was SUPPOSED to drag my butt out of bed early to get my workout in but that didn't happen. Didn't sleep well until about 5 am so stayed there until after 6 and had to log on for work by 7 am.. tonight, after work I have some committmenets so I won't be home until 7 pm or later , which honestly is probably too late to get a work out in . That would be two days with no workout since yesterday was a rest day. Trying not to stress over it and just be extra cautious with the food . So far so good

Salad with steak strips tonight..
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 7/1/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/29) Leave marshmallows for DH.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/27)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 7/1✔️
    5) No cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/25)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/25)✔️Didn't eat today.

10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/30)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/30)✔️
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 6/30)✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 7/2/24 (today)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until after trip.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 6/30)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/30)
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 6/30)

Sample

• Bex953172
    Options
    well today was scheduled to be a but nutso and I was SUPPOSED to drag my butt out of bed early to get my workout in but that didn't happen. Didn't sleep well until about 5 am so stayed there until after 6 and had to log on for work by 7 am.. tonight, after work I have some committmenets so I won't be home until 7 pm or later , which honestly is probably too late to get a work out in . That would be two days with no workout since yesterday was a rest day. Trying not to stress over it and just be extra cautious with the food . So far so good

Salad with steak strips tonight..

Two days isn't so bad! Double rest day!

Your dinner sounds nice! Salad and steak strips!! Mmmm
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday 1st July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅ 4 days
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅
    Walk ✅ 50 minutes, rainy

Today I get my son's dog for the week while they go on holiday. Looking forward to it, although it looks like it's going to be a rainy week. So might be wet walks instead of the lovely sunny ones I'd envisaged.

Must admit I was tempted by a takeaway last night. However, I had to stay in to wait for elder son calling in, he'd been to A&E with an injury. So takeaway averted.

JFT Tuesday 2nd July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options
    Didn't post yesterday, but it was a busy day. Work, Lunch with retirees, Give blood, Teach spin, Crash on couch... Plan was to just call spin class as I was running a little low after giving blood, but I had a new guy and needed to show him to help him understand. I was tanked after, and moving slowly. Stopped and got a Gatorade on the way home, but didn't feel well enough to eat. Still a little tired today even though I went to bed at 8:00pm.

JFT Tuesday
    - 7:00am meeting :smiley:
    - More meetings
    - Log Food
    - Stay green
    - Maybe bike ride
    - No alcohol
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:00
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    I'm starting vacation today! Will be flexible with times and foods. Will do hour commitments as needed.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.