Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hour commitment - Well, I'm ashamed to say I just had one of my really rare binges. Just too much stress and I couldn't stop eating the chocolate we had from the event we went to a couple of weeks ago. It had been building, though. Oh well! Now I won't eat again until after 5pm and no more desserts today. Got that yucky feeling from too much sugar! Can still have my dose of metamusal.

Partly wanted to try all the flavors and get it out of my house. I think there could have been better ways to get rid of it then through my stomach. It did cross my mind to vomit it up, but nope, not going to do that. Moving on.

Don't be ashamed, as you said, these moments are very rare! And straight away you're back to your goals!
    I'm glad you didn't vomit it up! That shows great strength and I know I don't really know you personally or all the ins and outs of what you've been through but sounds like to me you made the right choice!
    Just a momentary blip.
    Be proud of all you've achieved!
    ❤️

@more_freggies76. I agree with Bex! You’re doing so good! Just a “life happens” moment, as life tends to do. I am proud of you for making the good decision not to purge. Moving forward…. 👏💥
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,991 Member
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,588 Member
    @more_freggies76 Ditto from me on the "really rare binge" moment, you've been doing great. Very good you didn't vomit, and love the ending to that post "moving on". Exactly!

@PackerFanInGB I am addicted to watching Olympics! Sometimes, the lesser known sports are more fun to watch than the big, hyped up events. I love that 3 U.S. male runners won medals in the mid-distance track and steeplechase events, SO fun to watch, and I'll bet a huge shock to some!

Recap 8/7 W ~ weather has been great yesterday & today
    1) Walked dog 4.24 mi & dog got treat from garbage truck driver :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Orange roughy & cabbage for supper / log all food / NO crazy snacking ~ small bag of popcorn (benefiting the neighborhood association) at concert / 80 oz. water :smiley: a good day
    3) Call Mom <3 short call since aunt had just arrived / update bank acct records & budget / read / watch Olympics / 7:00 city band concert at park (take food pantry bag) / other? :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 8/8 R
    1) Walked dog 3.75 mi, not too warm and just a teensy humid but still I came home dripping, very happy dog & happy me :sunglasses:
    2) Figure out supper / log all food / no crazy snacking or sweets / 80 oz. water
    3) Activate Petcare Rewards card / realized we're low on milk, so need to meal plan & make grocery list for tomorrow / text sister (her stepdaughter, only 9 yrs younger than she is, still hanging on) / wash dishes / read / watch Olympics / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x; Aug
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drive Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (ugh)
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
        8.1.24 belated bday lunch with PZ
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Thank you all for your comments! ..and thank you for being here. Commitments keep me going.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Training 8-2 :smiley:
    - Eat lunch :smiley:
    - Home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Nap until 5:00 :smiley:
    - Drive to Cambridge 5:30 7:00 :smiley:
    - See my kiddo :smiley:
    - Drive home :smiley:
    - Bed :smiley:

Yesterday ended up being rather stressful. Mom texted me and told me to call her, but her phone isn't working so I left work early and drove over. One she had questions about her phone. I ended up bringing it home and spent 2 hours online with Verizon today. Unfortunately, she needs a new phone. Fortunately, I had a protection plan on it so the new phone is free. Unfortunately, number 2, she freaks out when she gets a new phone. It should be here tomorrow and I will set it up for her before I give it too her. I have most of her apps linked to my email which makes it easier to do than last time. Last time, we were counting on her to know passwords. That did not go well.

The other thing she needed to talk to me about was her car. She said it didn't run right. I took it for a drive with her in it. It runs fine. She described her issues which all had to do with shifting (it's an automatic so just P, R, N & D). She was trying to drive with it in Park and Neutral. She was so confused and didn't know what any of the letters meant. I ended up taking her keys and telling her she couldn't drive any more. That was tough. I'll go over today and go get her cat food and things to try and ease her into not being able to get around. I may look into a home helper to drive her places twice a week, but last time I looked that was quite pricey. That and she isn't very nice so I'm guessing it would be hard to keep someone. For now its on me, which will be fine, but is not exactly ideal.

Other than the things with mom, the day was pretty ok. Today is my father-in-laws birthday. Depending on how long I spend with mom I may make it over for cake and ice cream. Honestly, I'd rather just go home and cry. I know I am very blessed, but this stuff with mom is very tricky.

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00am :smiley:
    - Training 8:00 - 2:00 :smiley:
    - Lunch :smiley:
    - Call Verizon / order new phone :smiley:
    - Leave work at 3:30
    - Go check on dog
    - Go to mom's
    - Go to in-law's
    - Home
    - Shower/shave
    - Bed
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/8/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 8/7), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/6)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 8/12✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/4)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/4)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/6)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/5)✔️
    14) Don't eat more that 600 calories at lunch today.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Crockpot chicken ok today.(last 8/5)✔️
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️

JFT for 8/9/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 8/7), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/6)
    4) Don't weigh again until 8/12
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/4)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/4)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/6)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/8)
    14) Don't eat more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Can finish crockpot chicken ok today.(last 8/8)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

[/quote]

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited August 9
    @PackerFanInGB I'm glad your maintenance treatment is going well. I haven't been watching the Olympics, seems like it's been a whole summer of sport.

@pridesabtch I feel for you trying to help your Mum. Telling a parent they can't drive any more is a difficult thing to do. How did she take it? Both my parents had to stop driving, but I never had to push it. It just slowly became the accepted thing, but even when dad couldn't walk downstairs any more he didn't agree to selling his car.

JFT Thursday 8th August

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ❌ need to do better
    Paperwork ✅ I have a clear table!
    Haircut ✅
    Nurse visit ✅
    Walk ❌ wet again, so only walked to my appointments

JFT Friday 9th August

Log everythnig
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk

I thought it was to be dry today. The washing machine has just finished and it's raining again! Feel sorry for the team of guys who have been digging our pavements up all week. Maybe it will pass over.
    No weight loss this week 😒
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,743 Member
    August: :

~ Continue with Solid Habits
    👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
    👌

~ Focus on body flexibility
    🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️😊🧘‍♀️
    🧘‍♀️

~ Weigh less at the end of the month
    1 July: 138.1
    30 July: 142.1
    2 Aug: 141.6
    6 Aug: 141.5
    8 Aug: 141.4

@PackerFanInGB I lead a Creative Writing group, so write in lots of different genre, but my favourite is poetry. Here’s one of my favourites

Words
    (20/3/2022)

I wake up in the wee small hours
    disturbed by creativity’s powers
    Insistent thought, my sleep devours

My muse goes into overdrive
    mischievous, she will contrive
    my peaceful rest to rudely shrive

Words scampering through my mind,
    resistant to being caught or confined,
    and by my creative will defined

I herd, cajole, and separate,
    until they’re in a settled state
    subdued, the chaos will abate

illusive, flighty, running wild,
    now, organised, and neatly filed,
    by intellect they have been styled.

tension banished, I breath a sigh
    Relaxed again, abed I lie
    Sleep returns by and by

(C) 2022 - Terri Richardson

🦋 Terri 🐬
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member
    JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00am :smiley:
    - Training 8:00 - 2:00 :smiley:
    - Lunch :smiley:
    - Call Verizon / order new phone :smiley:
    - Leave work at 3:30 :neutral: 4:00
    - Go check on dog :smiley:
    - Go to mom's :smiley:
    - Go to in-law's :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Shower/shave :(
    - Bed :smiley:

Was quite busy yesterday evening, but I got most things done. Didn't get a shower, but I should have time to do that after work today. Leaving around 2:00pm today after training. I'll grab a quick shower and head out to volunteer at the River Trails and Ales Festival. I'm working the booth this evening and driving a SAG vehicle tomorrow morning. Then tomorrow evening is the Ales portion of the festivities. Y'all know how I enjoy my ale... After my shift this evening I have folks coming over to the house for a movie night. All good stuff.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Training 8-2 :smiley:
    - Lunch
    - Home by 2:30
    - Clean house a bit
    - Shower/shave
    - RTA Fest
    - Movie night
    - Bed
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/9/24 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/4)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/6)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/8)
    16) Can finish crockpot chicken ok today.(last 8/8)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/9/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 8/7), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/4)✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/6)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/8)✔️
    16) Can finish crockpot chicken ok today.(last 8/8)✔️

JFT for 8/10/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/9)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/8)

Sample

[/quote]

• cschmitz110515
    edited August 10
    Late to post, but want to be accountable.

Recap 8/8 R
    1) Walked dog 3.75 mi, not too warm and just a teensy humid but still I came home dripping, very happy dog & happy me :sunglasses:
    2) Figure out supper ~ made stuffed peppers yum! / log all food / no crazy snacking or sweets / 80 oz. water :smiley: another good day
    3) Activate Petcare Rewards card / realized we're low on milk, so need to meal plan & make grocery list for tomorrow / text sister (her stepdaughter, only 9 yrs younger than she is, still hanging on) / wash dishes / read / watch Olympics / other? TA-DA! :smiley:

JFT 8/9 F ~ planned rest day
    1) Leftovers for supper / no crazy snacking / 80 oz. water
    2) Min. 5000 steps
    3) Haircut 10:30 / grocery shop / read / watch Olympics / bake zucchini chocolate cake / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drive Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (ugh)
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        6.24.24 lunch with DE

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member

JFT Friday 9th August

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ❌
    Walk ✅

Had to estimate my evening calories as family suggested a chinese takeaway. I agreed as it meant I would meet with them and get caught up on their news/start planning their moving in with me. I estimated high and was surprised I was still in the green.

Tonight is another family get together, so will be estimating again. There will be birthday cake :)
    My goal for today is
    Don't overdo it, small portions only!
    Still log the rest of the day
    Clear the garden shed out

Have a good one everyone!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/10/24 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/9)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/8)
    16) Can eat dinner early if we take FIL.

Sample

• cschmitz110515
    edited August 10
    Recap 8/9 F ~ planned rest day
    1) Leftovers for supper / no crazy snacking ~ doing well with this lately / 80 oz. water ~ only 64 but that's still good :smiley:
    2) Min. 5000 steps :smiley: >6000
    3) Haircut 10:30 / grocery shop / read / watch Olympics / bake zucchini chocolate cake / other? not really TA-DA! :smiley:

JFT 8/10 Sat.
    1) Pan-fried perch & roasted brussels sprouts (both from farmers market) for supper / log all food / no crazy snacking / 80 oz. water
    2) Yardwork with hubby / walk dog if time
    3) Farmers market ~ done / wash dishes / read / call Mom / watch Olympics / other?

Lately, I've been recalling how I managed to lose 50# years ago. (Of course, I've gained the majority back over the years, but not all LOL.) I remembered that I allowed only certain foods for snacks and planned my meals, and did not let myself deviate, knowing it was only temporary. Plus I really stuck to portion control. I'm starting to get back into that mindset, and I think I'm seeing the early results of that. Time will tell.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      • Always a good idea
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        6.24.24 lunch with DE

• PackerFanInGB
    August: :

~ Continue with Solid Habits
    👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
    👌

~ Focus on body flexibility
    🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️😊🧘‍♀️
    🧘‍♀️

~ Weigh less at the end of the month
    1 July: 138.1
    30 July: 142.1
    2 Aug: 141.6
    6 Aug: 141.5
    8 Aug: 141.4

@PackerFanInGB I lead a Creative Writing group, so write in lots of different genre, but my favourite is poetry. Here’s one of my favourites

Words
    (20/3/2022)

I wake up in the wee small hours
    disturbed by creativity’s powers
    Insistent thought, my sleep devours

My muse goes into overdrive
    mischievous, she will contrive
    my peaceful rest to rudely shrive

Words scampering through my mind,
    resistant to being caught or confined,
    and by my creative will defined

I herd, cajole, and separate,
    until they’re in a settled state
    subdued, the chaos will abate

illusive, flighty, running wild,
    now, organised, and neatly filed,
    by intellect they have been styled.

tension banished, I breath a sigh
    Relaxed again, abed I lie
    Sleep returns by and by

(C) 2022 - Terri Richardson

🦋 Terri 🐬

I love it! I can see how you lead a Creative Writing group! Very nice, Terri! 👏👏👏❤️
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/10/24 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/9)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/8)✔️
    16) Can eat dinner early if we take FIL.✔️Didn't do today.

JFT for 8/11/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/9)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/10)

Sample

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 8/11/24 (today)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/9)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/10)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• PackerFanInGB
    Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. :flowerforyou: I know it's late, but I typed this out earlier, got distracted and did a bunch of housework and just now saw I never posted it! Oy!

Yesterday was one of our grandson's birthday party. He invited friends over for pizza, cake and swimming and then wouldn't you know it...the weather wasn't nice for swimming. It was on the cooler side and their pool doesn't have a heater. They still all had a fun time playing, but I felt bad for them because they were all looking forward to it. It was a nice time though. Lots of laughter.

Friday we took a ride up north to the hunting lot. DH cut the grass in the clearing and picked up some branches, and I walked our dog.

Have a great day!

Just For Sunday:
    1. 24H Plan & Assess. 😊
    2. 64 oz water by 7pm
    3. Close all 3 activity rings. Walk with Maddie or swim?
    4. 5 things declutter (house) 😊 Desktop, mail pile, spare room recliner stuff.
    5. 5 things declutter (digital) 😊 Purged over 1,500 emails. Long overdue!
    6. No BS Coaching Call. 😊 Really good call by Coach MJ
    7. Clean fridge and build my salad bar fixin's before produce goes bad. DO IT! STOP PROCRASTINATING! It's not that freaking hard. 😊 Done
    8. PLACEHOLDER -- DO ON MONDAY -- Call Derm for appt, call re: Livestrong program, message to PT for ok to do Livestrong at Y.
    9. PLACEHOLDER -- DO ON MONDAY -- Donation drop off
    10. Journal food and close diary at end of day
    11. Early to bed to wind down. Evening routine beginning around 8:30 pm.

Ta-Da's (One of these days...)
    • Sew backing for quilt
    • Take Lesson 1 in crochet.
    • Knitting - fingerless gloves, finish up.
    • WIP's - table runner, dog couch quilt, my Jenny quilt, Claire's quilt, Terry's Scott quilt, Bob's pillows, Kelly's Scott quilt, Bob's Scott quilt, Jamey's Scott quilt, wonky log cabin quilt, granny square quilt, Erica's QAL sew sampler quilt.
    • Go through Sew Sampler boxes and sort
    • Subscriptions/CC

2024 WOTY: Heal. Health. Thrive.