WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Sunny and warm already at 8:30 am. It's supposed to get to 29C / 84F this afternoon ... and windy which is not good. There will be bushfires.

I'm wearing a mask, of course, because of the COVID, and am finding it a bit hot.

Day 2 at work about to begin!

Machka in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Did some errands ,but alas no one had distilled water will have to go to Walmart on Wednesday.
    If you all are the praying type ,Smiley Miles will be having surgery tomorrow its outpatient.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    Ladycopnh1: (((hugs)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- *Chispa walked 2.5mi, no hopping, I carried her in sling the rest of the way* 1hr 44min 7sec, 127elev, 2.85ap, 84ahr, 104mhr, 5.11mi= 585c
    Strava app= 626c

Slowly getting Chispa back to walking again. She did 2.5 miles, no hopping, used all 4 paws, she could have gone more but I carried her for the rest of the way.

We are bad parents, we missed yogi’s 10th birthday. It was on the 8th, I thought it was on the 14th, he was born on 2014, oh well.
    5byhqg5ia3t3.jpeg

I’m sure yogi won’t realise if you celebrate a day or two late. 😂

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Pip- at least you know his birthday. All 9 of our cats are formerly strays/feral so we don't know some of their exact ages let alone actual birth date.

Shopping this morning with dh for his mom and then for us. He worked last night so went after he got off, went to his mom's then came home-that gave me time to get up feed all the cats, clean up their messes and do a breathing treatment and rest before he got home- supposed to not go outside in the cold for 30 min. after one of the treatments so I stayed in bed and played on my phone.

Best deal shopping was a 13lb spiral ham that was on sale for $5!!! I will portion it out, have some on a big chef salad for my dinner tonight. The guys will be having pizza(dh is picking it up for his mom, that is what she wanted, and dh will bring the leftovers home for him and son).Dh picked up steaks so I will cook them tomorrow for him.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Hope – so sorry you are dealing with so much, but glad you found a set of exercises to do.

Vicki – so glad the mess isn’t in your office. But still...what a pain

Allie – did you try Dollar General for your distilled water? Many times they do have it. It’s someplace I wouldn’t have thought of when I first saw it.

Poor Yogi – to be forgotten :(

Jess came here and brought Shadow. Left her in our garage and called to tell us she was there. Jess said that she was coming here this weekend to pick Shadow up. By then she’ll be out of quarantine.

Guess I’ll go spend the night with Shadow. She is in a different place so this might help her.

Still occasionally get those cramps in my stomach, but not nearly as much as earlier. I’m wondering how much the new antibiotic is doing. I have 3 more days of taking it and my gum still feels swollen. Wonder if it’s supposed to feel this way.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My dad loved the Red Sox ,i bought a Red Sox urn for 450.00 and we rented a pine box for viewing ,but then he was cremated and we buried him on hos borthday the year after he passed at the Veterans Cemetery.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Thinking of you as you work through each of the realities of the days to come. Many hugs.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    ((((hugs)))) our dear sweet Margaret! My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Options
    Heading home early with my laptop and stuff. I started to feel very tired. In the morning my coding was going well although I felt like I had lost an engine. In the afternoon everything started shutting down.

Gorgeous Day! 30C / 86F. I love this sort of temperature outside!

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    Barbara - that looks like a nice tray, I swear the reasons we never heal fast or properly is because we just keep doing.

Machka - my neighbour had to run three electric heaters because her furnace couldn’t keep up with the cold for a day and a half waiting for a furnace tech to come. According to rant and rave there are a lot being used to help keep pipes from freezing. I have two here ready to go if necessary, I may need to to keep pipes from freezing.

Rosemarie - I bet the handyman can get those things done rather quickly.
    I am very bad at just “motoring through” things, but over the last few years when I have been in pain in one area of my body or another I have learned small bursts work best. I also treat my house like a job, I work during the day but evenings are for leisure. It has given me an even keel that seems to be working.
    Right now it isn’t because I have things disorganized because of my classes. My one room has one too many pieces of furniture in it, my desk and it’s throwing the whole thing off kilter.

Heather - your story of Edie and your books, I think I was 12 or so when I snuck an Aunt’s Danielle Steele book called The Ring. I then started sneaking Harlequin’s from my BF’s mom. Finally I quit sneaking and just started borrowing from the library. My Mom never read the same books I did so I got by. My eldest daughter was 13 or so when she started reading my books. I told her to skip the sexy parts. That worked. I’m sure. 😂
    I hope you have a better night tonight.
    Maybe your son will make you a wonderful dish in it at some point.
    I love your painting.

Lisa - I would love a gas fireplace. I’m not interested in wood. Haven’t been since growing up in a very cold house. Levi has the sweetest smile.

It is -40 here this morning. It’s supposed to be -18 tomorrow. I hope the predictions are accurate.

Ginny - DH has a heated jacket and heated boots, he says they work really well.

Annie - so glad the service went well and your sister is there to help you for the next week. I found it so hard after all of the fuss was over and I had to come home.

Tina - I hope your headache goes away.
    I’ve noticed the blurb changes.
    I’ve been talking about WTForecast so often that I now have a suggested ad for it. 😂

Michele - I don’t understand the EV and power grid issues myself. We never set up the voice recognition on our Google Nest. We wouldn’t even have one if I hadn’t won it.

Rosemarie - it must feel nice to have those things completed.

Rodger had to drive into the city for work tonight to be told that it’s too cold to work. They don’t get paid anything if they don’t show up though. I think I’m these situations they should just pay the two hours and not make their staff to go out on the roads. I went into my friends today and counted 12 cars frozen on the side of the road in maybe 15kms.

Ladycopnh1 - Sorry for the loss of your Mom.

Barbie - Happy Anniversary to you and Jake. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Debbie - What a nice surprise for you from DH

It’s cold in the house tonight. If we weren’t supposed to be conserving some energy I would be putting a heater in our hallway to help give the furnace a fighting chance.

Well this was all from yesterday, I thought I had posted it, but seem to have forgotten.

I’ve read throughout the day today but have been busy all day and just now sat down and don’t have the energy to make comments.

I had a new class start today, went for a massage, hoping to help my foot, then went to help my friend finish packing her house up. My daughter came today to help as well.

I’m off to bed. It’s been a long one.
    Tracey in Edmonton where it is a balmy -25C this evening a full 24 degrees warmer than last night.

I’m hoping the house warms up tomorrow now.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    We got paperwork from our tax lady (the same nice tax lady we had on the Oregon coast in Warrenton). She prepares them, we sign them and send them back to her, and we get back a pretty folder with the date, her bill plus if we owe, the paperwork to send that in. It works out the last couple of years we got money back but its the same as her fee. It all evens out in the end and we don't gave to mess with it.😂💖👍🏼
    On Saturday my youngest called and we video chatted for an hour. Then my elders wanted to video chat so I just added her in the mix. She was surprised but happy to see my youngest. It warmed her heart when he called her "Uncle Pam" as when he was young he didn't know the difference. She laughed at that.💖😂
    I have been working hard on my Japanese lessons these last couple of days
    2xlqxq3w09hv.png
    bqxqqobbgtdm.png
    Its been fun!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Lunch was at 1:30 (I had been up since 5). It was a box lunch. Choices were Italian sub (pork) or Turkey, ham, and roast beef.

Thank you for all your support!
    Love you all,
    Kylia in Ohio

No vegetarian choices? :open_mouth:
    Macula that looks very nice. I would love a place for my cats to be outside on nice Summer days.

I had a Webex meeting tonight to get information about what my student teaching semester will look like and tomorrow morning I have another which will be about the same things and some more added information from the Office of Field Experience at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater where I graduated in December 2021 and only have this last hurtle to do in order to start teaching in Fall. I just wish I knew where my placements will be as I am supposed to start the 22nd and one of the first things I need to do before that happens is to contact my cooperating teachers.

Rhody (our black cat) wasn't as fond of the original location for the catio ... kind of low in the yard and tucked into a corner. He couldn't see too much. But he seems to like the new location better ... better views.

What are you teaching?

And congratulations!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Well I have the monior on and hope it shows what they need. I am concerned as it only happens in no pattern. I told doctor I was afraid it wouldn't happen in the 48 hours I have this thing on. But he saw by my watch what it is doing. It's in God's hands.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

How did it go?