Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

1131415161719»

Replies

• Nutbugs2
    Nutbugs2 Posts: 60 Member
    Hello Girl-friends, It's been S-L-O-W going, but today I weigh 303.8. Only about 4 lbs from the 200's. I'm trying not to back track. Last week, I ate an entire Costco pumpkin pie in only 2 days. Couldn't resist it (but I did leave off the whipped cream). So far today I've eaten a big bowl of Malt-o-meal hot cereal with a tablespoon of sugar and a cup of coffee. I'm on track.

Occasionally, I go on Youtube and watch MY 600 POUND LIFE episodes to remind me to be careful with what I eat. It's so sad. My heart goes out to those people. I know how easy it is to get out of control with your weight. It has to do with a lot of factors. Most people don't understand that and make fun of Obese people. But we understand, don't we?

h86ez4dcvp16.jpeg

I so totally agree. I never in my life thought I would be as heavy as I am now. And I'm sure the people on that show probably said the same thing at some point. But at least we're doing something about it and I've never seen a show but I assume that they're doing something about it if they're on that show. Keep moving forward!
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    Update: 299.4 lbs today! Finally back in the 200's yay! It's been 9 years since I've been down to this weight. The next goal is to get down to 285 and lower. It's been 13 years since I weighed 285-260lbs range.
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 14
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    Update: 299.4 lbs today! Finally back in the 200's yay!
    Good for you Lisa! 👏🏼 Congratulations! You won't let it sneak back up on you, will you? Make it your goal to stay in the 200's. You inspire me. 😀 👍 🦋
    sk9eqziqi8zp.jpegzqs3bv9zd0ue.jpeg

• 7freshflowers
    edited September 14
    Nutbugs2 wrote: »
    jo_casey42 wrote: »
    If I really want something sweet then I'll just have one jolly rancher or a sucker which lasts a while and isn't too many points. It usually takes the edge off.
    One of the things I've been doing if I want something sweet is frozen grapes. Oh my gosh I forgot how sweet they are and how awesome they are when they're frozen. I'm bringing them back to my diet.
    Thanks for the tip Jo-Casey and Nutbugs. Sounds delightful. I'm going to try it.
    fcj426ghzgwx.jpeg
    updcorvr23gr.jpeg

• 7freshflowers
    I LOVE to snack on an entire can of Garbanzo beans. I always rinse them first in a strainer. GOYA is the best tasting brand, according to AMERICAS TEST KITCHEN and myself. 😋 Watch their garbanzo bean review here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pz-1CYrEko
    iy566obss73c.jpeg
    They’re high protein and help with weight loss. 😋
  • jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 115 Member
    I've been slacking and lost my new decade by a couple pounds. I've only gone up in September which is not what I want to do. I know weight fluctuates but I also know that I have dug into that peanut butter tub too many times. I just feel like I lost focus. I'm joining a new gym on Monday, (cheaper than my old gym) so hopefully it will be motivating. Wedding is less than two months away now so it's crunch time.

Here's to a fresh week! Happy Sunday!

SW 253
    CW 231.8
  • 7freshflowers
    jo_casey42 wrote: »
    I've been slacking and lost my new decade by a couple pounds.
    Jo-Casey, what do you mean by “lost my new decade”? To me, a decade means 10 years. I don’t understand.

Warmest Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. 💍

• jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 16
    Oh it's slang WW uses when you go into another decade of pounds. Like for me I was 230's going into the 220's. Just nicknamed a new decade.

And thank you!!!
  • 7freshflowers
    Hello everyone. I weigh 302.2 today. I plan on weighing under 300 next Monday, (September 23, 2024). 😎