2024 Slim Down

Options
Hi y’all!
I’m 34 about to be 35 in a couple of days :) . I’m here because I would like to share my journey and get tips and motivation from others embarking on their health journey. I’m getting married 12/2024 so I want to get in shape and, in general, maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• jsimpson3221
    jsimpson3221 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 1
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.. you got this !! And congratulations!!! Weddings are beautiful! I am a wedding videographer and photographer. Peace and blessing to you and your fiancé
  • lcrummit
    lcrummit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Good Luck!!!
  • dmsheehan29
    dmsheehan29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My advice is stick to what you like with exercise and diet. I lost 85 lbs 5 years ago and kept it off by watching my calorie and macro intake. Include walking into your daily routine as it is a very underrated exercise. I do 3 days of strenghth training, 2 days of hard cardio ( mostly peleton bike). I walk after dinner 2-3 miles after dinner every night which is great for the waistline and for clearing your mind at the end of the day and include a balanced diet. I made a routine thats is comfortable and fits my lifestyle, which is why Im able to stay fit. I eat fruits and vegetables throughout the day and pre pack my lunches before work which helps with sodium intake. Congrats on your engagement!!! Always do what works for you and compliments your lifestyle and most importantly that you will be able to stick with.
  • 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and best of luck to you !
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You can quickly get some tips if you look at the "Most Important Posts" that are at the top of most of the category areas. For example:

Then it's time to set goals. Then it's time to develop strategies to meet them. Then you have success. Then you have to keep sticking to it, so make sure your strategies are things you can keep doing even after you get to your goal weight. Going back to the "old ways" will put you back to the "old you."

It's not about motivation. It's about goal setting and consistency. Nobody is motivated to brush their teeth, yet most people do it. It's a habit. Develop good habits to replace some you don't want anymore, and success awaits!
  • acemodder
    acemodder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck.