In desperate need of an accountability partner

Options
Hi! I’ve used MFP for years and have never used this feature. I’m a 42y/o woman who does barbell training almost exclusively. I have a coach through Barbell Logic and I adore her but I’ve seriously struggled with motivation and accountability. Finding other women who also lift is often challenging so I'm not even looking for that necessarily, but someone (male or female) who would want to partner up for accountability or even virtual workouts together.

I only workout 3-4 days per week because of my work schedule and kids’ after school activities. Tuesdays and Fridays are evenings, usually after 6pm and Saturdays and Sundays can vary based on when I finally drag my rear to my garage gym.

Replies

• 54ShadesOfBlue
    54ShadesOfBlue Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This is an area I had tried last year before I got hurt being too greedy trying to hit a modest deadlift PR (1x5@315) - I’m a 54 year old man, who was is using the program outlined in the book ‘the barbell prescription’ so not a rank beginner, but not lifter with 10 years experience either. I am ready to start again though and if you are interested in connecting please feel free to send me a FR or message.
  • Barbaradez
    Barbaradez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to MFP, but have been lifting with a free YouTube apps from Caroline Girvan and now I'm mostly using her paid app to do the same. She's got programs that usually last about 10 weeks and there's a calendar attached to print out, so that really helps with accountability. It is 5 workouts per week though and usually all around 45 minutes (she has shorter ones of 30 minutes as well). But you could easily make your own calendar according to your schedule.
  • michealmoore2176
    michealmoore2176 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, It will be a pleasure to connect and share thoughts on diet and weight loss; I am interested in meeting and making friends. Perhaps we could be good friends if you don't mind. Thank you