Daily accountability and check in

Options
13»

Replies

• mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 75, I've had quite a good streak going, not just logging but logging some of my poorer choices. Had a great weekend food wise with a really good range of nutrients eaten.

The FMD is interesting, I did a bit of reading, you've done well to build in that routine. I'm sure what you are doing will bring down the LDL, focusing on the right things is most of the battle.

Rowing machine is a good shout for cardio, I could do with a bit more work on my legs and back, this will definately help. I'll aim to give it a go this week in the gym.

My aim for this week is 3 fold.

- Sleep, 8 hours as many days as I can
    - Reduce the number of snacks, these aren't great at the moment.
    - Attend the gym, once, twice if possible.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    Day 75, I've had quite a good streak going, not just logging but logging some of my poorer choices. Had a great weekend food wise with a really good range of nutrients eaten.

The FMD is interesting, I did a bit of reading, you've done well to build in that routine. I'm sure what you are doing will bring down the LDL, focusing on the right things is most of the battle.

Rowing machine is a good shout for cardio, I could do with a bit more work on my legs and back, this will definately help. I'll aim to give it a go this week in the gym.

My aim for this week is 3 fold.

- Sleep, 8 hours as many days as I can
    - Reduce the number of snacks, these aren't great at the moment.
    - Attend the gym, once, twice if possible.

You are 51 days in front of me :). Today is my Day 24 of reboot food logging and (incrementally) healthier lifestyle choices pursuit. The FMD intrigued me as well. I won't know until I re-do my labs in November, if it worked. But I feel like it should, if it worked in clinical trials, right? And yes, ur correct - focusing on the right things is def most of the battle. At least keeping it in mind spurs some better choices, day to day, week to week, and it should build on each other, leading to improved condition, hopefully 🤞.

You can make the gym once this week, Mikey, you got this! And I bet you can cut out at least 2 snacks this week, too. Sleep .... yea, that's a bit harder, innit? GL, I'm rooting for you! Cheers, mk :)
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 738 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    Thx for the journey shares... ups/downs so normal. We develop resilience through going more, again, and you are persistently continuing. Glad to hear you are feeling momentum.

Re Chia seeds, i enjoy also in soups and yogurt (which has a bit of a tapioca and raspberry mouth feel.)

Speaking of a daily thing to read.... I like to do that too. In the course of real, enduring change, we leave off old things and embrace new things, ideas, core beliefs by exploring the new things.

If you are up to a book, a fellow, Alan Zadoff wrote 'Hungry' -the book is maybe 28 chapters. Each brief chapter is 1 idea/thing he learned/changed as he lost 125 lbs and kept it off.

Easy, humorous read. Not sure if available other than paperback, but maybe.

Was a profound read for me, kept 1/2 doz of the ideas. Contemplated 1 idea/chapter every few days as to how it might help now, or later or not for me.
  • Tiny_terrorist_negotiator
    Options
    Day 1. A few years ago I lost 75 pounds. I gained about 40 back because life decided to throw a few curve balls my way. For some reason, I am really struggling to stay motivated enough to lose the weight. Last time it was so easy for me. Now, I don't know why it's so difficult.
  • annkeane892
    annkeane892 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Mikey.

Good on you for sharing your health journey. Love that. from Annie
  • mikeyrowlands
    Options
    Motivation is the issue I have, I was thinking on it this Morning, my job can be mentally draining (as can many) but what really nails me, is my commute, I leave the office and walk for the bus, it is usually rammed and takes the best part of an hour for what should be a 10 min journey, by the time I arrive home, I feel braindead and find it too easy to eat junk. Going to the gym is a challenge by that point too.

So, I'm gonna try eating the nuts I've been preparing, 30g or so per day. Specifically on the bus with the last of my water.

I'm gonna prepare some poke type lunches with some round tupperware I've just picked up.

8 hours tonight

I'm gonna try and pick my gym stuff up and go straight out. Thursday I'll leave it in the car at the bus stop so I can go straight there.

Was reading a number of articles today and yesterday about the rise of colon cancer due to sugars and processed foods. More inspiration to keep making changes.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Day 81, was our anniversary this weekend, 16 years together and 11 married, not bad going. Haven't tracked as much as I should over the weekend but made some great choices.

Stopped drinking after a couple, drank water instead. Mostly decent food with some cheat choices thrown in.

Didn't make the gym, I feel too tired/drained on my way home, should have gone yesterday but chose to be lazy. We go again this week, just a swim or half hour on the rowing machine.

I'm keeping a great little field notes journal to track habits I want to change. 6.6 average hours sleep last month, way too low.

I'll check out that book, sounds like the perfect commute read. I've also been reading a bit of stoicism, Meditations.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Day 35 of food logging, Day 68 of 'fake stepping' my way to 10k steps/day (knee injury). Getting ready to do my 2nd Round of Prolon FMD Fast Mimicking Diet 5-day fasts (I have a 4-month bundle of boxes).

I did my 2nd 1-day Reset FMD Fast on Thursday. It was chilly (for June) and drizzly, here in Maine, so it was good weather for herbal teas and FMD vegetable soups.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Motivation is the issue I have, I was thinking on it this Morning, my job can be mentally draining (as can many) but what really nails me, is my commute, I leave the office and walk for the bus, it is usually rammed and takes the best part of an hour for what should be a 10 min journey, by the time I arrive home, I feel braindead and find it too easy to eat junk. Going to the gym is a challenge by that point too.

So, I'm gonna try eating the nuts I've been preparing, 30g or so per day. Specifically on the bus with the last of my water.

I'm gonna prepare some poke type lunches with some round tupperware I've just picked up.

8 hours tonight

I'm gonna try and pick my gym stuff up and go straight out. Thursday I'll leave it in the car at the bus stop so I can go straight there.

Was reading a number of articles today and yesterday about the rise of colon cancer due to sugars and processed foods. More inspiration to keep making changes.

I love the way you identify what is your current obstacle / challenge, and game out options to overcome it. You're going to succeed, Mikey Rowlands. That's the mindset of a success in the making.

Cheers.

PS - soooooo low energy today. Glad I visited your uplifting thread :)
  • mikeyrowlands
    Options
    Day 91, the poke boxes are really nice, I've found some pre prepared ones also in the local discount supermarket so I've been sampling them.

A handful of nuts on the bus definately helps as does drinking more water.

I'm enjoying reading a bit of stoicism, the below I've written in my field notes and reflect in daily, it's not just the 'getting up' it's the daily work on one's self, making life better, it puts me in check every Morning.

"
    So you were born to feel “nice”? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don’t you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you’re not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren’t you running to do what your nature demands?
    "

Also goes on to say this about rest.

"
    But it is necessary to take rest also—It is necessary: however nature has fixed bounds to this too: she has fixed bounds both to eating and drinking, and yet thou goest beyond these bounds, beyond what is sufficient
    "

Today will be 3l water, I'm going to do 10k steps (I feel a bit achy after sitting on calls all day) and I'm going to munch some nuts during my commute and read, no social or shorts.
  • mkksemail
    edited June 13
    Options
    Fascinating!

I'm in Round 2 of my Prolon FMD Fast. Day 4 of 5. The back half of D4, and all of D5, were the easiest last Round. You're in Autophagy by D4 (hopefully), so you're not really hungry or foggy-brained anymore. I am tired a bit tho, so hopefully early to bed tonight. 👍🏻

Way to change your commute from an empty well to something that 💪🏻 you. Cheers! :-)
  • mikeyrowlands
    Options
    Hope the MFD went well, can't underestimate the benefit of good sleep, I chase it constantly.

So, it's 103, I was hoping to celebrate/announce 100 but have been in London. Definately eating and drinking way too much, although a much needed work break.

If only steps were the be all - 18k, 9k, 23k, 13k, 15k, 11k, 7k. You wouldn't think I had bone spurs and tendinitis in both ankles.

Reflecting on this thread, it's been great to follow mkksemail tackling the MFD and the regular check ins have been much appreciated 😃

It has given me a place to drop in after journaling and try and stay on track, sometimes its like the paddle in my hand while trying to ride up the creek 🤣

So, the next 100 days, I've got to make some physical progress, I'm not getting any younger and it'll be harder to attain a level of fitness.

Back to tracking today.
    Gym tonight hopefully.
    8 hours sleep.

The below was today's Stoicism. This really resonates in the sense of the 'ruling power' if I put my body to work and treat it well, it will respond in kind to the challenges of life.

When I let life grind me down and wear me out, there are no resources to fight back.

It is like a fire mastering all that fall into it.

"
    Wherever it is in agreement with nature, the ruling power within us takes a flexible approach to circumstances, always adapting itself easily to both practicality and the given event, It has no favoured material for its work, but sets out on its objects in a conditional way, turning any obstacle into material for its own use. It is like a fire mastering whatever falls into it. A small flame would be extinguished, but a bright fire rapidly claims as its own all that is heaped on it, devours it all, and leaps up yet higher in consequence.
    "
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Consistency and not giving up is the key. If you don’t meet your goals just keep going, doing better next week. What helped me was breaking everything down into smaller goals. Concentrating on the next 10 lbs at a time instead of the big picture, making my goal 8,000 steps instead of 10,000 ,I usually am over 10;000 but when I am not it’s still a win, telling myself just do 10 mins of exercise ( when I don’t feel like it) anyone can do 10 mins but I almost always do more once I get going, also instead of cutting out snacks I replace my old snacks with better options, ex instead of ice cream a frozen fruit bar, instead of chips popcorn ……….the sleep thing I can’t seem to tackle , it’s a work in progress. Thanks for sharing your journey. I hope this helps
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    plan to check on this book, mentioned above "Alan Zadoff "'Hungry'" 📖📚📖

it never hurts to grab more motivation --thanks for sharing OP.
  • mikeyrowlands
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check that book out, just picked up a physical copy of ultra processed people at Euston. Love a good self help book that can sit on my shelf unread.

Making small gains and focusing on small goals is a great idea and a good way of avoiding the feeling of such an uphill battle. Missed all 4 yesterday, had a lovely dinner made by my wife, then snacked, stayed up way too late and did not go to the gym.

I was reflecting yesterday, having had a good week off and feeling refreshed, I am mentally drained doing what I do, my cup drains daily and by the time I get back home, it's harder to make good choices while I try to refil it.

Those goals yesterday are still very very valid but I need a re-direction, so I feel like I enjoy my days and not so drained, after all, I'm not getting another go around and nobody is gonna thank me for 'sticking it out'.

Just don't know what that is yet, still waiting to grow up and decide haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!