Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've never in my life ever felt a body like that. :brokenheart:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    And crunches are not necessary... core work in general... some of the ones that are great... squats, pushups, planks, russian twists... crunches themselves are actually not the best for abs.

i disagree to a certain extent.

personally i think crunches get a bad wrap.

i mean, if thats all your doing, your not doing much... but honestly, bringing your sternum about an inch closer to your pelvis is pretty much all the actual six pac ab muslces do. any more movement then that and your engaging other muscles (not exactly a bad thing granted).

so as far as engaging the actual abdominal wall they are pretty good. Obviously you want to train more then just that one muscle... but they have thier place in my opinion.

timing makes a difference in how much your going to get out of them. if you do crunches after you've exhausted yourself with leg raises your going to be able to do a lot less. someone who can do 200 plus crunches no problem is going to start feeling the pain at 30 in that case

I didn't say they were bad... I said they weren't necessary.
    plus, you kind of make my point... the ROI on crunches is way lower than it is on other exercises. (i.e. if you can do 200 situps before you do leg raises, but only 30 after doing leg raises, then save time - do the leg raises and 30 crunches instead of 200)

Yes there is value in doing them, but I think that planks, leg raises, russian twists - they work the same muscles and a lot more effectively. :)

ETA: plus you save your neck some strain
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options

I don't believe you.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    (i.e. if you can do 200 situps before you do leg raises, but only 30 after doing leg raises, then save time - do the leg raises and 30 crunches instead of 200)

i would also suggest that lol.

hanging leg raises or knee raises are most bang for your buck by far in my opinion. best for a six pack anyway, lots of other pretty muscles down there as this thread points out.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I don't believe you.

All the guys I've been with have been averge sized, chubby, or as the current one, very thin. Lol
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Agreed!

I'm not saying that I'm smart, but a shirtless male torso with exposed V leaves me so stupid that I can't focus on anything except...
    x scrolls through thread pics again x

... um.... what was I saying?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    how come i've NEVER met a woman that likes chest hair?

meet older woman... I asked my now husband to stop shaving his chest etc when we got together...it's great and warm ad furry....

oh...brb...

*Jeapordy Music*

*adjusts now skewed sweater, bra and pants...love working at home on his days off*

Back and to the one who asked about not enough action...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Makes us just want more...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Back and to the one who asked about not enough action...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Makes us just want more...

exactly.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love the "V" on men and I see hints of one on me too. :D The singer Pink has it (or at least she did pre-pregnancy, I haven't seen her bare her abs since then) and it makes me super jealous.

WANT.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    that v reminds me of the pelvic hinge on a ken doll.

whooa, just tried to find it. google that if you like, as i can't post it. 'ken doll naked'. i don't think i knew they made anatomically correct versions.

hmm. bit pokey.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, did you say something :tongue:
  • pjlove1
    pjlove1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    hey baby, take a look at my back hair.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    hey baby, take a look at my back hair.

in case that was an open invitation, i'm good, thanks :)
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the work that goes into getting the adonis belt but I don't get stupid over them.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    He has such a beautiful face :)

I wouldn't leave the bedrooom if he was in front of me now and I have dated/dating gorgeous boys :)
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Looks like the bottom of the pic is too high to make girl's stupid.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Me neither, girl!
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    I'd just be happy with a girl holding breakfast.

That gave me a Friday morning smile :-)
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who likes chest hair.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'd just be happy with a girl holding breakfast.

:drinker: