MAY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,018 Member
    Options
    Nice run @SummerSkier and I'm glad you got your shoe laces figured out. I feel bad for your co-worker. I can't imagine not being able to smell or taste for that long!

Great race @Laurz9191 . Glad your family was there and you had a nice hike before the race.

Looks like a great group of young ladies for your 5K @daria0919 . Glad the weather held out. Congrats on you PR! That's awesome.

Sounds like a great, hard hike @yirara .

Great run @kgirlhart ! Great 10 mile run. Beautiful pictures.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    You know what folks? I think I have decided to quit running for the foreseeable future. I really have just dreaded going out for a run the last several weeks. Not sure what the reason is...heat, soreness, fatigue, old age, combination of all of it? In any case, I think I will look at just concentrating on some weight training and sprinkle in a little cardio of some sort for the next few months. Maybe I will miss running so much that I come back to it, or maybe not.
    I am signed up for a 15K race in Atlanta in mid-October, so I will probably start some training a month or two before that.

I know it will be a big adjustment as I have been doing this for the last 12+ years. I think the hardest part will be not checking in with all of y'all :'( . But I know everyone will continue making and breaking their goals and getting into all kinds of mischief (you know who you are) ;)
    If/When I do come back, I hope to see some familiar names and faces.

“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

@Scott6255 oh no! hope you're ok? ... You will be missed sorely
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your running. I know this is a running group, but you can still participate, even is you aren't running. Heck, look at me. If it required lots of running, I'd have been "run off" a long time ago. :lol: But, you do what you have to do to keep yourself healthy both physically and mentally. I hope you will be back with us soon. We will miss you. :disappointed:

You're doing great @yirara .

Great job @ContraryMaryMary getting out there when you really didn't feel like it. I hope your hamstring/calf are okay. Sorry about the Procrastination Station. I'm going to have to use that term though. Sometimes I think I live there. :lol: I struggle to get out of bed by 7:30 too. That is one thing that the gym is forcing me to do though, since I want to be there by 9 and have to eat and drive 30 min.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    May 1 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - 3h41m13s tennis (2.14 miles)
    May 2 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Planted mom's garden - 2h28m25s
    May 3 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Gym 31 min
    May 4 - Walked 4.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway wun
    May 5 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Treadmill - rest day
    May 6 - Walked 2.25 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps wun - Gym 39 min

10.25/50.00 mile goal

I went to the gym this morning, came home and picked up mom and Tippy and headed out. Took Tippy for a required acclimation time at the boarding place where I am planning to leave her when I'm at the wedding. I needed to leave her about 4 hours, so mom and I did some shopping and then had lunch out. Tippy did great.

When I got home, I did a driveway wun. The driveway was wet from earlier ran, so just ran a little and mostly walked.

Yesterday, I just walked between church and lunch.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Got in 6.24M (at 09"53).

Way to go @chris_in_cal
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you’ll be gone for a bit @Scott6255. I understand the ‘struggle bus’ feeling. Thank you very much for being very supportive of all of us in this group. I still remember the first time you said some kind words of encouragement to me to go for the 10K when I’d been away from running for so long.

I wish you well and hope to see you back energized soon. All the best!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,856 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 hope you will still find the time to keep one eye out here even if you are not running as much. I found when I did RUN the year back in 2021 and my mileage was high that I sort of backlashed from it and the next 2 years were much lower. You are such a terrific runner and so encouraging to all of us and have accomplished so much I am glad to see it is not injury which is telling you to give it a break. I do know that sometimes it is recommended for long term runners to take a break of weeks or even months so perhaps you will get the urge for those endorphins again soon.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,733 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 - I was hoping if I kept scrolling through the posts I would come across one where you said this was a delayed April Fools joke. You have provided so much encouragement and inspiration to all of us here. I hope that a nice, long break is what you need and that you will be find that you miss it and will be back at it stronger than ever!
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    @scott6255 I am so sorry to hear you are taking a break from running and from the group! You have been such a positive and supportive force! We will all miss you! I hope that you will find joy in your running again after a longer break and will come back (this might be a bit of a selfish wish). I hope you enjoy other types of cardio and cross training more than you’ve been enjoying running lately! Good luck and all the best! Also, you know you are welcome in this group even if you are not running. Someone who successfully smashed Run the Year 2023 in miles, not in kilometres like me ;), will always be a runner ;).