Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Options

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    JamieS74 wrote: »
    Double posted on another thread

Well as far as I am concerned, Mfp has dug their own grave!!
    I am getting used to LoseIt and am liking it. I went ahead and paid for a year, which I would have down with Mfp had they offered to keep the news feed. Yes with LoseIt there are some annoyances for Android users. But I a liking how the logging foods and goals work! I have set up weight, water, steps and a fiber goal!! I also use the intermittent fasting timer! And I LOVE the social part of LI!!! I think eventually I will be really happy there

Can you outline the social aspect of Lose-it please?
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I am getting used to LoseIt and am liking it. I went ahead and paid for a year, which I would have down with Mfp had they offered to keep the news feed. Yes with LoseIt there are some annoyances for Android users. But I a liking how the logging foods and goals work! I have set up weight, water, steps and a fiber goal!! I also use the intermittent fasting timer! And I LOVE the social part of LI!!! I think eventually I will be really happy there

You need to add friends which is done by email, or if you join the Mfp groups on LoseIt you can add friends when you click on their profile. It takes some getting used to as the Android app version needs some work. You have a newsfeed for groups and one for friends. You see their posts and exercises and can comment on them. It's a work in progress but similar to Mfp. The web version is more user friendly when getting used to the site all together. It's a great community of people so far! The issue with Android is sharing links, which is how people share photos through Instagram, Google photos and Amazon photos. You can share your lube links as well...except for Android. We can click on or share links unless we use the web version...hope this all make sense
  • rileysowner
    Options

You need to add friends which is done by email, or if you join the Mfp groups on LoseIt you can add friends when you click on their profile. It takes some getting used to as the Android app version needs some work. You have a newsfeed for groups and one for friends. You see their posts and exercises and can comment on them. It's a work in progress but similar to Mfp. The web version is more user friendly when getting used to the site all together. It's a great community of people so far! The issue with Android is sharing links, which is how people share photos through Instagram, Google photos and Amazon photos. You can share your lube links as well...except for Android. We can click on or share links unless we use the web version...hope this all make sense

Thanks. I will have a closer look at LoseIt.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Bring it back!!!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    My newsfeed officially disappeared yesterday, on my 4855th day of logging in 😔 It is so sad, and looks weird not to see my friend's posts and being able to comment with words of encouragement and support!
    LoseIt is where I've transitioned to, if anyone wants to look me up. It is an adjustment, and is going to be a learning experience but I think I'm going to like it! 👍
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Mine disappeared from the webpage a couple of days back. I turned off auto update on my app, as it was still on my Android. I haven't checked if it is still working on the phone or not. I am still unhappy, and I am still looking for options. Sadly, a newfeed/friend sort of function seems to be fairly unique to MFP. LoseIt has some social interaction, but I don't like their logging interface. Cronometer, I like for logging and for its extensive integration of my FitBit's data, but it looks to have zero social aspect.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    My Newsfeed is gone today. From the web version, and the app. I can't believe how lonely it looks now :-(.

Mine is gone now too

So weird that I feel so sad about this. 😔

I knowwwww !! It surprised me, that it felt so empty.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    noogie98 wrote: »
    My newsfeed officially disappeared yesterday, on my 4855th day of logging in 😔 It is so sad, and looks weird not to see my friend's posts and being able to comment with words of encouragement and support!
    LoseIt is where I've transitioned to, if anyone wants to look me up. It is an adjustment, and is going to be a learning experience but I think I'm going to like it! 👍

Wow, what a long streak ! So sad.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,346 Member
    Options
    I turned off auto update on my app, as it was still on my Android. I haven't checked if it is still working on the phone or not.

I update my Android app, and then the web version simultaneously removed newsfeed.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I turned off auto update on my app, as it was still on my Android. I haven't checked if it is still working on the phone or not.

I update my Android app, and then the web version simultaneously removed newsfeed.

I still have the newfeed button on my Android, and it still seems to be getting updates. Of course, many of the posts about people's activity are probably things they can't see since they don't have the newfeed any more.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,346 Member
    Options

I still have the newfeed button on my Android, and it still seems to be getting updates. Of course, many of the posts about people's activity are probably things they can't see since they don't have the newfeed any more.

Not that it really matters, but for completeness my newsfeed was killed on my Android App with upgrading to "MFP Version 24.22.0" dated May 30, 2024.