Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Options

Replies

• TravelingGuru
    TravelingGuru Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Super bummer. I need the support from certain folks on a regular basis.

Now just a $50 calorie tracker? I paid for premium for me and my daughters -- mainly so we could easily connect and support. I'll be canceling mine (not that it matters to anyone!) and my girls.

Just wish they would have announced prior to my April renewal.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Join Lose It. So many peeps are there now. Search for MFP Exodus Group
  • Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Now that the newsfeed is gone, looks like I’ll be looking for a replacement app. MFP just isn’t worth the premium fee anymore if there are better trackers out there.

Besides Lose It, any recommendations out there for other tracking apps that work well with iPhone/Apple Watch, which are my primary energy expenditure trackers?

Also looking for easy calorie/meal tracking with a barcode scanning feature and ability to interact with friends/support group easily. Thanks all! Time to go do my homework…
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    ByeByeToDiabetes Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So the newsfeed still exists, but there are no more automatic updates. Do I see that correctly?
    I suppose that means we update it ourselves. Like sharing with our friends when we lost and being honest about it if/when we gained.
    I could post my daily short version of the food I eat. So altogether it's up to me if I keep it alive or if I let it go.
    Not sure if I am getting it all :-)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    So the newsfeed still exists, but there are no more automatic updates. Do I see that correctly?
    I suppose that means we update it ourselves. Like sharing with our friends when we lost and being honest about it if/when we gained.
    I could post my daily short version of the food I eat. So altogether it's up to me if I keep it alive or if I let it go.
    Not sure if I am getting it all :-)

Current situation is that for some people automatic updates have stopped, for others the newsfeed has already disappeared entirely. A phased rollout I'm guessing, depending on app version/location/who knows what other criteria.
    The newsfeed will disappear entirely in the end, for all of us.
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    ByeByeToDiabetes Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 5
    Options

Thanks, so the take the "M" out of MFP. In this case I won't be staying.

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    This morning my newsfeed button is gone on my iPhone app. It feels weird and sad

@NormInv, what do you see in its place or as the Home Page now? Your profile?

It’s just gone.
    Used to be 5 icons, with the newsfeed in the middle.
    Now there’s only four icons with no newsfeed.
    of2sc4ir0xb0.jpeg
    And the profile is just a mostly blank screen
    acxvcjhumsna.png
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Yep I have the same as Margaret
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    @MargaretYakoda @NormInv, try logging in from a different device. Even better, try logging in from a web browser. I know you like the app and the web isn't as fancy but you might still see the News Feed a while longer.
    I’m poor. I don’t have a computer or another device. ☹️
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    @MargaretYakoda @NormInv, try logging in from a different device. Even better, try logging in from a web browser. I know you like the app and the web isn't as fancy but you might still see the News Feed a while longer.
    I’m poor. I don’t have a computer or another device. ☹️

If you have a smart phone, use the browser there to try logging in. I gave up on the MFP app years ago because it was so glitchy, at least at the time, and I use Safari on my phone to log in. I pretty much just use the forums at this point, so not sure it would work for the dashboard, but I don't know why it wouldn't.
  • iron_playground
    iron_playground Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very bad decision MFP. Take away the key feature that people really like. I have been using this app on and off since 2012. Seen a lot of changes but the newsfeed was the only thing that kept me here. As others have said there are better “ tracking “ apps. I am afraid that this is the beginning of the end.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,903 Member
    Options
    How strange that these threads have moved to 'feature suggestions and improvements".😳😳 Does that mean that we are all suggesting improvements? hmmmm
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    How strange that these threads have moved to 'feature suggestions and improvements".😳😳 Does that mean that we are all suggesting improvements? hmmmm

Pretty sure the threads haven't moved. They've been here for days.