Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Options

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    By the way — that link about MFP having 200 M users - is self reported from MFP.

“MyFitnessPal said it had 200 million users when it was sold by Under Armour to Francisco Partners.”

What constitutes a user? A download? Does it matter if the person is active?

—> How many people are active on the community boards of those millions?

It is also a fraction.. are the community boards being retired next since by the same logic - it’s a small number of users compared to the supposed # of millions?

I've been wondering that too. Has anyone else noticed that the bots that used to come through the Feature Suggestions and Tech Support boards don't seem to be around lately? None of the "Great idea! I'll pass it on to the team!" and the "Apologies, please contact support" messages are popping up like they usually do. Makes you wonder if MFP is in the process of shutting the boards down as well.
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    Problems with the forum:

1) you have to sign in separately from MFP and I'm not sure if it remembers your preferences or settings.

2) it isn't connected to our announcements (logging streak, weight loss, exercises) for passive feedback (and shouldn't be because it is in a completely different section).

3) it's less personal and cultivated and prone to heated discussions and spam.

4) private groups requires moderating unlike our Newsfeed and many users don't have time for that role or responsibility so it will decline in activity and interest.

5) your Profile information is not completely private when it switches to the Community section and is the new Home Page (replacing the News Feed in the MFP section). The information that you enter about yourself and your photos are public and the only section that is private is the Activity Feed. Members might not want their photos and information made public.

6) you cannot edit or delete your posts after an hour. On the Newsfeed, you can edit a post by deleting it and posting a corrected version (crappy workaround but better than nothing and there is no time limit on that).

Sad that members are being fragmented and scattered due to the cold corporate decision to force the "community" section on them mistaking "community" for what they have been enjoying with the News Feed.

The personalized and private Newsfeed was one of the few things that was working right after other desirable features has been slowly chipped away. The following motto does not apply to MFP: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

@Betty

Perfectly said 👏

Please forward on Betty....if anyone is actually listening
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't delete newsfeed :( I like seeing the updates from my friends list whenever I log on
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    Seems to me that the problem is that MFP has too many free users using free features.
    It is a common sense idea, but in the social media world things are a little different than that of the local entrepreneur. For instance Google, Twitter, and Facebook have all done well having billions of free users.
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 72 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I just checked iPhone App Store… users have been leaving 1 star reviews and citing the loss of the newsfeed!

I was just checking on the iPhone App Store out of curiosity and pretty much the only recent reviews there now are 5 stars and not one mentions the newsfeed, only the barcode scanner moving to Premium.

Interesting.

So interesting.. I went back and scrolled through after I read your post @COGypsy and on Tuesday.. many people edited former 9 month- 1year old reviews.. so they look like recent.

Notice the dates of the developer responses from last June, July, September and beyond when the reviews originated. There are dozens of these.

What a coincidence that Tuesday is when people started posting on the forum to leave critical feedback for MFP on app stores.

#MFPReviewScam

@Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB

2etfhjjdlghi.jpeg

ccooid114lwd.jpeg
    v7rtrvpkjgyf.jpeg
    l7hqeg8ff9u8.jpeg
    11ebcmdmjpa2.jpeg
    Can we say, "CYA, class?"
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You all really just ignored the voices of your apps’s biggest fans. We stuck with you and accepted all of your faults. Also it’s not true that the newsfeed was not widely utilized because it was the middle button on the app for the longest time up until its quick and sudden death. What I think happened was something broke like it usually does and it was determined that the code (as simple as it was) was not worth the price of an actual fix.

Can we be real for a minute? Do the decision makers really think that MFP has the best forum or something? Because forums are not unique and have been around since the 90s. The apps best feature was the newsfeed because it allowed people to come together and build relationships. Without it, I think those of us heavy users just want something that gives us what you just took away. Are you all not paying attention? Thousands of people were active in the newsfeed daily.
  • Tatted_Gemini
    Tatted_Gemini Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Betty wrote: »
    👋 Hi, just chiming in again to say I'm continuing to read and pass along your feedback.

Instead of just passing along feedback how about actually giving us some answers! Why is mfp already removing people’s newsfeeds? Why can’t we access our friends or our own profiles? Why will diary or exercises logged not post to our pages anymore? All these features being removed is the only reason many of us have stuck around. Get your *kitten* together and start listening to us!